Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-23-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
Just sliced the top of my head open this weekend from the board coming off on a crash. New bindings, didn't have them cinched down as much as a should have. Still on some crashes the bindings will come off. I'm looking into investing in a helmet. Any reccomendations out there for what brands work good? look cool? priced good? I figure it's worth not having to worry about making another trip to the ER. There are enough other injuries to worry about, so wearing a helmet is starting to make sense.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
http://www.pro-tec.net/
http://www.boardstop.com/index.php?cPath=67_68&osCsid=28bf34c7a928324454f9f 60035ad9e16
Old    howie            08-23-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hey I have a point less helmet really good price and sticker keep the cool factor
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-23-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
I can't currently ride due to a knee injury, but I think I'm gonna ride w/ a helmet from now on as well. I cut my head open once and it's totally avoidable.

If you get one, get one with the ear cover inserts and you can avoid a head injury as well as a blown ear drum. Two birds with one stone.
Old    wakeboarder408            08-23-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
LOL, How Weird #2, i like that. Anyways, Sat was awesome. I hope u had a good b day. Hope to go riding with you soon this week.
Old    wakeboarder408            08-23-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
Shoot, my bad Howard. I was thinking of the other Howard(sjmedic). Anyways, get back to work soon. We're hella busy. See ya.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
fyi, helmets will NOT prevent blown ear drums.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
This one will...
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-24-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
What the h*ll is that?
Old    dbogart            08-24-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
i think i will don my snowboard helmet next time out, it looks pretty much like the same thing. at 30 i really dont give a @#$@ what i look like.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-24-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
We bought helmets a couple years ago after suffering too many concussions. We bought a brand called U-Project. I'd never heard of them, and doubt you have either. Anyhow, we're now finding that the foam padding which was attached with velcro directly to the hard shell is now coming off. I think we've had the helmets a couple of years. The Pro-tec helmets look like they are a better system, so I think we'll be replacing them with those next year.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Yeah I like the Capix baseball type helmets but the foam lining is el-cheapo, falls apart and comes off the velcro. All the young whippersnappers wear the cap backwards but I need the sun protection.

The ear flaps do help protect the ears a bit but anything that smacks your ear flat has the potential to pop your eardrum.

Shawn, that's a deep divers helmet.