Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    txwkbrdr06            06-18-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Ok, so yesterday me and two guys got behind the boat and all wakeskated together... it was the first time I have gone and I am hooked! I got up the first try and we were cuttin and surface spinning and everything! Guess it helps having a wakeboarding and surfing background.. anyways I am hooked! It was so much fun. Just wanted to say that wakeskating rox my face off.. and what kinda tricks should I be looking to try? I don't even know what's cool or not.. tried going on our ghettoass homemade slider but couldn't land it haha. Holla back!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
thats cool. i started last year by just messing around on my bro's catalyst. i wasnt really super into it until i rode my friend's cassette concave earlier this summer. ever since then ive been pretty stoked on skating. recently ive pretty much been wakeskating instead of wakeboarding. a few weeks ago was given the choice whether to skate or board behind a sacked out super air team, and i chose to skate. today i rode behind a malibu, and broght nothing more than my vest, some money and my skate shoes. i skated on my friend's cassette...
so there is my story, whether you wanted to hear it or not...

since ive really only gotten into skating recently, here are some things ive started doing. maybe this will help you since you have also just kinda gotten into skating...
riding switch. a lot.
ollying. lately ive been also ollying switch, and also ollying onto the wake.
lipslides. pretty self explanatory.

one thing that i really love is the fact that i just cant get mad or frustrated when i wakeskate. sometimes when i wakeboard i would get really mad cuz i couldnt get a solid grab or couldnt land even a 180 on a good/bad/etc day, but this just doesnt happen when i skate. even if i eat it a thousand times i'll get back in the boat with a smile on my face...