Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-31-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
I have seen a graph of budget wakeboats kickin around on these forums, if you have it please post or the link to it. Thanks. Or if you know any other inexpensive boats that throw a good wake feel free to post that aswell.
Old    K.B.C.            07-31-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
it's on wb.com in the boats section. it's a sticky
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
'2001', sport, or super sport nautique.

Mastercraft 205, 205v, x-star, x-2, x-1

Supra sunsport?

Those are the boats I remember from the graphic.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-31-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
It's also on www.wakeboardreport.com, which I think is the source of the graph (not sure).
Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       07-31-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I believe this is the chart you're looking for:
Upload

The supporting text is here: http://www.wakeboardreport.com/archives/2006/06/budget_wake_boat_breakdown_gra.html
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Many thanks go out to Erik for his efforts on this chart and I have seen his posting on this site a lot lately since I am pretty sure he ended his moderator status on Wakeboarder.com.
Old    bocephus            07-31-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Take this from a budge boat owner (Signature Series 210):

The boat will always end up costing you more than you want to spend, plan for that!

If are just looking for the cheapest way to go wakeboarding, join someone's crew who already has a boat! They will most likely be very happy to have someone in their crew who knows about the expenses of boat ownership and you won't have to ruin the fun of wakeboarding by spending more than you can afford on the boat....

If you just want a boat, and can afford it, then go for it!!

That chart is missing one of the best budget wakeboarding boats out there!!! The SANGER V210!!!
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-31-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Amen Bocephus
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Erik has stated many times when posting that chart that it's not the "complete" or "definitive" list, it's simply the most popular and easily attainable boats in any region. Even he has said there are many boats that would make decent-good wakeboats not included simply because they are not available country-wide, company is no longer, or they just weren't popular models in their day making them harder to come by.
Old    bocephus            07-31-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I was just pointing out the Sanger! I wasn't banging on Erik.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Bo, I know....just thought I would point that out. There are many good boats not on that list.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
That chart is at least three years old so the Sanger might not have been in the right price range at the time it was created. Sanger V210 is a great boat as well, thanks B.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-01-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone...how about we list some older boats that make a good wakeboat.

I have heard 95ish Hydrodyne Grand Sport is respectable and a very well built boat, however hard to find parts.

Also early 90's Barefoot Nautique's / Nautique Exel made good wakeboats (V-drives).

But that is just going by word of mouth.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-01-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
It is definitely time to update that chart. Funny thing is that the prices remain quite relevant. So do the boats. Certain Maristars need to get on there, so does the Excel and Barefoot Nautique, as well as the Sanger model that gets mentioned often. One thing that has changed though is the fact that I mention 60k as the amount one is expected to spend on the highest-end wake boats and my aim with the chart was to cut that number in half and still put people in boats that will make most people extremely happy. That number approaches 90k on some boats now. I am going to keep the chart's limit to 30k because I still believe this is the amount normal people are willing to spend. Particularly if the boat is only used seasonally.

I am still a moderator on Wakeboarder.com, and a staff member there. Despite personal differences with one of the other moderators on Wakeboarder.com, the owner of Wakeboarder.com is a great guy and has always been very good to me and continues to be. But know what? David Williams of this Web site has also been good to me, and I link here from The Wakeboard Report - and vice versa.

I am a member here and I like both communities. Very different but also very similar. Many of the same people are on both sites - as many of us already know.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on August 01, 2007)
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
I have a mc tristar and it has a good wake. I also like the fact that it is open bow and you can find them under 10000
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-03-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Also got a tristar. big boat for the price.

Ty, how fast you guys ride?
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
It depends but, usually 22. I like it even faster because the wake seems really wide.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-03-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
cuz it is! we ride at 25.
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ride on