Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
will make my maiden voyage on the new local 144 this weekend...likely just of the wake as we don't have any sliders in as of yet...what can i expect from this board as far as learning curve, etc... does it pop/land/track any differently than a "normal" board? tell me anything you can about your experiences on a local....
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       06-13-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
dude... where did you get yours??? I ordered one 2 weeks ago or so and im still waitin on it....
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Keep us posted, I had a Roam that is now cracked and I am looking for something a little different. The price looks pretty right on these too.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
my local boardshop, offaxis, ordered it for me last friday and it came in on Wednesday this week...seems to be alot of hype about it, everyone wants to ride it, and i personally cant wait for this sunday... where's andy nitzel when ya need him...
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-16-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
rode the local 144 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised...its a great board once you figure it out, its so cool how you can actually load it up before the wake and feel it snap, and there is nothing more fun than flexin in the flats...i think i am going to use this board as a trainig tool..kind of how baseball players use bat weights before steppin up to the plate...my jstar empire has never felt faster than after a set on the local...only downside..we lost two fins after ensuring they were tightened down...what gives? i think i heard this was happening on slingshots too..

(Message edited by to_blind on June 16, 2008)
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       06-18-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
SUPER BUMMED!!! I just found out im not getting mine till at least July.