Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-28-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hello Everyone, I have been looking to purchase a new Tige r20 here where i live in Michigan. I have come to realize that they sell these R20s in other nearby states for much cheaper. The Boat I have picked out with some options is going to be right around 53 grand before taxes including trailer. I have about $4000 in options added on. Its not that I don't think this is a good deal, it's that I hear that the base price starts lower in different states and i was just wondering if this is true or not. Also hear of someone buying from a dealer outside their region? I wouldn't mind driving 5 hours to save 6 grand.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-28-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
If it's a new and current model year boat dealers outside your region will not be able to sell you their boats. There are some differences in pricing due to shipping costs and the volume of the dealer and the local market, but I suspect your are hearing about someone who bought a "new" boat that was 1 model year old or older, known as a leftover. I believe leftovers can be sold out of region to anyone. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when pricing outside you market.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
I have a slightly used 2013 R20 for 42K. Tige does have protected territories on new boats from my understanding so new you would have to buy from your dealer. I have heard of people getting permission from the factory rep to use another dealer, but then you also have to have warranty and service thru that dealer also.

But I can tell you 53 is pretty close to MSRP on that boat and not a good deal unless its LOADED!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2013, 11:51 AM Reply   
I also know of a used 2012 with 50 hours and 343 hp engine for 39K.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
Used may be the best way to go. Especially if it has 50 hours or less.You can ,for a small fee,have the remainder of the warranty transferred to you. That in itself makes the savings even better.How could your dealer fault you if you saved 6,000 to 14,000 on a slightly used boat.14,000 would be a 27% savings off the new boat.Well worth driving a couple of hundred miles for.Good Luck!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
Nick if you are looking to save some cash on an R20 and don't mind driving a bit I can certainly save you close to 15K. I sent you a PM with the info.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-28-2013, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Nick if you are looking to save some cash on an R20 and don't mind driving a bit I can certainly save you close to 15K. I sent you a PM with the info.
I thought you had an RZR?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-28-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Now he's dealing other tiges, simple.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-29-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
Simple I did have an RZR and sold it about 2 weeks ago. Picked up a R20 to use till my 2014 arrives and its for sale. I have a 2014 RZR on order.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Simple I did have an RZR and sold it about 2 weeks ago. Picked up a R20 to use till my 2014 arrives and its for sale. I have a 2014 RZR on order.
Quote:
Example I am helping my dealer sell some remaining 2013 R20's. All have a few hours and all are sold as USED. You would be surprised the people that make a HUGE deal between 10 hours and 30 hours. Thats is insignificant and will never matter, but buyers make a big deal about it. So I can tell you they are going to make a big deal over whether said boat has 300 or 500 hours. The average is 50 per year in most places. More than that and people consider them high and want a discount. My opinion and experience. Thats having lived in the midwest and south east US.
Sounds a little funny. Just seems you are soliciting the forums to try to help your dealer out so he will help you out with pricing.
Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Looks like they forgot to add the dealer prep and shipping.. another $2,400.
Old    rullery            08-29-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
Unless you really want a specific color scheme or options package why would you not go slightly used?
Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
Obviously I want a specific color scheme but it looks like I will have to buy slightly used and deal with it the boring white Hulls.

Thanks for your input guys!
Old    rullery            08-29-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
Bought an R20 this spring and there were no used ones available, so just ended up ordering new what we wanted. After piling on all the options we wanted we might as well bought an RZR lol