Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Nick911            11-04-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
Hey all,

After a year of solid research, shopping, riding, asking, and comparing, finally decided who is getting my 90K. Just ordered a 2012 MC X25. My runner up was the Enzo 230, and really, deciding between Centurion and MC came down to dealer. SANs were nice but I didn't feel they surpassed MC in any way and the 25 seemed bigger than the SAN 230 and was cheaper too. MB, Supra, Moomba, though all cheaper in cost were noticeably cheaper in interior. I felt that the cost savings did not justify the decrease in quality (the Supra was the best of the three). Malibus were ok but too flat bottomed for the big water I ride, plus they were about same price as MC but the quality wasn't comparable. Loved the looks of the Tige RZ2 and loved the large stock ballast unfortunately there was no local dealer, plus, it seems everyone has a Tige. Though I'm not a fan of the X25 tower (it's growing on me), and don't care too much for the 2012 graphics, the stock wakes were stellar and the room compared to the 22 and 23 footers I looked at.

Enjoyed the process, overall, think we would of been happy with 3-4 of these boats.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-04-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
Congrats, post some pictures when you get it.
Old     (Glaze08)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-04-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
Good decision and good luck, all those boats are great boats.

The above said, I've ridden behind and hung out in new Bus, Nautiques, and Axis', from a fit and finish perspective, wakes, and ergonomics, I'll take the MC all day.

Also, this thread is useless without pics.

Last edited by Glaze08; 11-04-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Reasons.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-04-2011, 11:17 PM Reply   
Congrats. But, $90K for a boat! Yikes. That's almost twice what I paid for my new boat. I doubt I could pull that trigger. Post some pics so we can see the beast!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-05-2011, 1:03 AM Reply   
Nick, sorry to hear you ride "big water", hopefully their are some spots that are always flat.
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 6:14 AM Reply   
Boat is custom order, will have it by Christmas, pics to follow.

Big water is Shuswap Lake, BC. We get some calm days, evenings are best.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
Congrats. Buuuuuuuuuuuut..............You may be in for a surprise if you think the mastercraft vinyl is superior, and this is coming from a mastercraft owner.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-05-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
Awesome! What engine?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-05-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
We took our XLV to the Shuswaps for a week this fall and it was the best week of water of my life... but when that lake starts to chop, it can be downright scary!

The X25 is one amazing boat. Checked one out that a guy has on our lake all the time and for a 21 foot boat its HUGE inside. Very very well laid out. 90k is a fair chunk of change for a wakeboard boat fo most of us though. The one they had at the demo days was 102k here.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-05-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
From the MC website....

> REAR TRANSOM SEATING - The original concept that earned the coveted 2010 NMMA Innovation Award, the rear of the sunpad converts into clever transom seating.
Attached Images

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-05-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Is that legal to sit in while under way? just wondering!

that would be the balls...
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-05-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Congrats, the X-25 is a great boat... I was also looking at one, but went with the 2011 Malibu VLX, $30k cheaper, but if I had $90k I would have gone with the X-25... have fun with it, and post up some pics when you take delivery!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-05-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
Nothing original about that transom seating Regal Sessions had those years ago.
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
Awesome! What engine?
Went with the 6.0L Ilmor.
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
We took our XLV to the Shuswaps for a week this fall and it was the best week of water of my life... but when that lake starts to chop, it can be downright scary!

The X25 is one amazing boat. Checked one out that a guy has on our lake all the time and for a 21 foot boat its HUGE inside. Very very well laid out. 90k is a fair chunk of change for a wakeboard boat fo most of us though. The one they had at the demo days was 102k here.
Chop does get big, thats why we liked the deep V and ocean characteristics on the X-25. The resale on them is the best I've seen. If you can even find a used one they are not much less than new "out the door" price. MC in general seems to have excellent resale, and there just seems to be such a solid base on people that will only buy MC.

And yes, as far as layout, none came close.
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
Congrats. Buuuuuuuuuuuut..............You may be in for a surprise if you think the mastercraft vinyl is superior, and this is coming from a mastercraft owner.
I'm not a vinyl guru at all but the new MC carbon vinyl looked really cool and rich. The interior in general just seemed the tightest. We found it didn't have as many speakers, logos, or LED lights as the other guys yet still was the classiest. Love all the billet aluminum too. Enzo had decent interior too was functional and not too flashy. Loved the carpet decalling
That SAN did, wished MC did that.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-05-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post

I was quoted "Boat Show" special at $92k + taxes + fees, which would have put the X-25 over $100k out the door, if he got it for $90k with all taxes included thats a pretty good deal. Its still $90k, but better than $100k. And if you can afford it, why not, lifes short

Congrats again, looking forward to seeing your pictures when you take delivery!

Last edited by fman; 11-05-2011 at 3:54 PM.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
I'm not a vinyl guru at all but the new MC carbon vinyl looked really cool and rich. The interior in general just seemed the tightest. We found it didn't have as many speakers, logos, or LED lights as the other guys yet still was the classiest. Love all the billet aluminum too. Enzo had decent interior too was functional and not too flashy. Loved the carpet decalling
That SAN did, wished MC did that.

Is the vinyl new for this year? I have a 09.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-05-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Congrats on your new boat!Please post some pics of how roomy it is.The layout also.Sounds like you got a great deal.
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
I was quoted "Boat Show" special at $92k + taxes + fees, which would have put the X-25 over $100k out the door, if he got it for $90k with all taxes included thats a pretty good deal. Its still $90k, but better than $100k. And if you can afford it, why not, lifes short

Congrats again, looking forward to seeing your pictures when you take delivery!
The fall incentives are very good right now and the Canadian dollar is high compared to USD. Price is very good right now. My boat came in just under 90K CAD including 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, underwater lighting, 4 tower speakers, attitude adjustment plate, surf tabs, ski pylon, metal flake paint, rubber swim platform, bow ladder, transom step. We didnt do power tower, plug and play, or zero off. With those we would have been around 100K. But you are right, it's only money, you can't take it with you when you die, and boating is awesome!!!
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Vinyl is new as of 2011 I think. Check it out, it's pretty damn awesome!
Old    Nick911            11-05-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Congrats on your new boat!Please post some pics of how roomy it is.The layout also.Sounds like you got a great deal.
Have pics in like 6 weeks as soon as it gets here. I love this boat like I loved my kids before they were born.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-06-2011, 4:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have pics in like 6 weeks as soon as it gets here. I love this boat like I loved my kids before they were born.
Please don't tell your wife that. She probably wouldn't understand the comparison.
Old    Nick911            11-06-2011, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Please don't tell your wife that. She probably wouldn't understand the comparison.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-06-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Loved the looks of the Tige RZ2 and loved the large stock ballast unfortunately there was no local dealer, plus, it seems everyone has a Tige.
LOL. Don't be fooled. It's just one guy with a cowbell.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride. The MC X25 is a great boat. I was in the market last month and for me it came down to Enzo 244/233, Bu 247, Nati 230 and MC X25. I really liked all of the boats. I ended up with Enzo 244.
Old    Nick911            11-06-2011, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
Congrats on the new ride. The MC X25 is a great boat. I was in the market last month and for me it came down to Enzo 244/233, Bu 247, Nati 230 and MC X25. I really liked all of the boats. I ended up with Enzo 244.
The shopping is half the fun. Enzos were nice, loved the stock 5-tank set up, and all the laser-etched metal in them. Heard nothing but good things about them including having the best stock surf wake of any boat.....period.....!

Just thought MC was bit higher quality and again the layout made the 21 foot X25 seem the same size as 23 foot Enzo. That was a consideration as I tow several thousand kilometers a year.
Old    Nick911            11-06-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin View Post
LOL. Don't be fooled. It's just one guy with a cowbell.

On my lake the breakdown is prob 35% Tige, 20% Malibu, 15% Centurion, 10%, MC 10%, Moomba 10%.

(see the rare Nautique, Svara, and MB)
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-07-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yea the best change was that they went from 60mil to 90 mil vinyl for a more robust interior.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-07-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
man so jealous wish money was not an object would love a shiny new boat!!! Congrats you are MCs target market thats an awesome boat!!!!
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-07-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
congrats bro!
i love the silver carbon vinyl in my cheap ass $46k '11 too.
such a cool look.

Old    Nick911            11-07-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
congrats bro!
i love the silver carbon vinyl in my cheap ass $46k '11 too.
such a cool look.

Like the colors, hit us with more pics.
Old    Nick911            11-07-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
man so jealous wish money was not an object would love a shiny new boat!!! Congrats you are MCs target market thats an awesome boat!!!!
Haha, yeah target market, anyone stupid enough to drop 90K on a boat he can only use 4 months of year.

The boats are all pricey and the MC was only maybe 18-20K more than the cheaper boats.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-07-2011, 9:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
  1. After a year of solid research...
  2. I'm not a fan of the X25 tower...
  3. don't care too much for the 2012 graphics
I've been following this thread since you posted it. Something has always seemed off. But I wasn't sure what it was so I never replied.

Then it hit me... you ordered a boat that you already don't like how it looks. Tower and graphics are a HUGE part of a boat's appeal, no?

You are right about the tower... it's not a very appealing design. If you are into this boat for $90k already, why wouldn't you spend just $5K more to get the power tower? It looks much beefier and more befitting a boat of that caliber.

On graphics, have you considered all your options: 1) Slider, 2) Switch, and 3) V-series.

It's hard to believe that with three different patterns and all those colors you can't find something you LOVE.

Can you post up a pic of what you ordered?

I'm sure it's not too late to change your order.
Old    Nick911            11-08-2011, 4:29 AM Reply   
It's not so much that I don't like the tower or scheme, I just loved the old styles more. The ZFT3 tower was and is iconic, as was the old MC Bullseye paint a scheme. Bottom line no boat had it all but the X25 had the most.

By far best interior including layout.
Best quality.
Best stock wakeboard wake.
Name and brand recognition.
Best resale.
Good dealer.

So what are looks and why are they important? To impress other people? I'm sure my 25 will turn plenty of heads.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-08-2011, 4:47 AM Reply   
The only person you have to make happy is the one you see in the mirror.Enjoy your new toy!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-08-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
Hey man did not mean that as a slam at all. Hope in about 6 years I can afford a 25. One of my top 3 favorite boats on the market. Like I say very Jealous!!! In fact I may be breaking a commandment I may even covet your boat!!

Quote:
Haha, yeah target market, anyone stupid enough to drop 90K on a boat he can only use 4 months of year.

The boats are all pricey and the MC was only maybe 18-20K more than the cheaper boats.
Old    Nick911            11-08-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Hey man did not mean that as a slam at all. Hope in about 6 years I can afford a 25. One of my top 3 favorite boats on the market. Like I say very Jealous!!! In fact I may be breaking a commandment I may even covet your boat!!
I might break a commandment too, making a false idol out of my boat.

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-09-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
so no one knows about siting in the transom seats while under way?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-09-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
so no one knows about siting in the transom seats while under way?
It has to be illegal. No I didn't look it up but there is a 99.9% chance it is illegal. You can't sit on the sunpad or gunnel under way so I am sure you can't sit on the back right where the exhaust swirls up to.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-09-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
My friend picked up a new 2011 X25 a few months ago and pulled it up to my Axis A22 on the water and I can't believe the X25 is under 22'. That boat just looks so much bigger. Congrats on your new boat.
Old    Nick911            11-09-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
Ya the space thing was huge, don't quite know how it's done I think they push the engine compartment as far back as they can. To me the boat compares to any 23 footer.

I'm sure someone will but in here and tell me why MB is better.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-09-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
I believe sitting on the transom of the boat is illegal in quite a few states in the US as I have seen posts about people talking about it. Up here north of the border cops out on the water are not quite as prominent unless it's a holiday weekend so you could get away with it 95% of the time. I'm amazed at the amount of enforement everyone on the board here talks about at their local lakes. Population probably has a huge part in it.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
Congrats! The X25 is an awesome boat! My favorite MC in the lineup for sure! It's going to be a long winter for you waiting to get that boat on the water.
Did you get the flip down center walk thru step? Good choice on not going with the Plug n Play. We do a retro kit here that works much better and is about a forth the price.
Have fun!!!
Old    Nick911            11-09-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
Congrats! The X25 is an awesome boat! My favorite MC in the lineup for sure! It's going to be a long winter for you waiting to get that boat on the water.
Did you get the flip down center walk thru step? Good choice on not going with the Plug n Play. We do a retro kit here that works much better and is about a forth the price.
Have fun!!!
Yes on the step as far as I know that was standard.

This retro kit, elaborate, where are you located?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-09-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ya the space thing was huge, don't quite know how it's done I think they push the engine compartment as far back as they can. To me the boat compares to any 23 footer.

I'm sure someone will but in here and tell me why MB is better.
I believe that MC's are much wider than other boats, which gives you a lot more room. I know my X2 seems to have a lot more room than other boats that size from other Manufacturers. Interior layout is certainly one of MC's strengths.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-09-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
On my X2 my dealer plumbed in my two fat sacks via the overflow valve. Easy to do and very low cost, works very very well.
Old     (beaner)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-09-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
I went in a wakesurf tournament this summer just to get a chance to ride behind the X25 they were using. If you surf, you will be happy with the wake. What amazed me was how cool the seats stayed on a blazing hot Sunny July day.
Old    Nick911            11-09-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Another thing I forgot to mention was the Ilmor engine. Seems to be a pretty high-end engine.

Also, all the billet aluminum. I really like the metal inside the boats. Centurion did a good job with this too. Wish they did the window tint like SAN.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-10-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
$200 to tint the windshield from a reputable tinter.

The Ilmor looks glorious - you'll love that motor.