Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Ok so here is the question to all with an opinion on the topic. 05 supra 22ssv 38.4K out the door. Gear included. Like new 350 hp engine upgrade, tower speakers everything except for a heater and shower 200 hours or 05 x-star 57.5K loaded new absolute platinum or transcend included with lines, handles, etc 450 hours ex team riders boat, great shape plumbed with 5 extra ballasts, no sacks included.

Here is the quandary. Is the 05 x-star really worth the extra money just to have the bragging rights at the dock? It is bar none the prettiest of all of the boats How do the supras hold their value? I am able to buy the supra for a really good price insuring that I will not have negative equity for the most part. The 05 x-star is bad ass, but again is it really worth it. The supra seems to handle the best of any of the boats listed. Arghhh, I am at that point that I know so many of you have been at where you are saying “it’s just a boat” . Help me out with your thoughts please.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Bryan I just emailed you on an 06.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
You can buy a lot of stuff for 20K........

Oh...and for the record, there is only one boat that can give you bragging rights at the dock and it is not a X-Star....

Upload

There is an '06 Star on this board right now for that price range with 85 hours.... MUCH BETTER BUY IMO. Not to mention all the other boats..... A 220 for 55.... X-1 for 45...X-2 for 48....all '06 boats.

Not to say that the SSV is not a steal.... Just comparing to the Star you are looking at.

P.S. I wouldn't even figure in the new CWB board....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Nice Taylor....I just mentioned your boat.

'06 VLX for 55....'06 210 for 54.....I could go on and on.......
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
While the bass tracker is an attrative option for top bragging rights I am going to have to continue my search for something a little less extravegant. Hey, not everyone can have teh dream the first time around right? so are you saying that the supra is not a good enough deal? Teh x-star I am looking at is one of those silver flake boats that are pretty rare but are completely gorgoeus. It has the lq9 caddi engine which is nice but a different prop will do the same thing to any boat. The x-stars just seem so big and lumbering and heavy on wake crossings and stuff like that. they are perfect for boarding but need some extra love for surfing.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
No, I actually think that is a good deal on the SSV, gear included.
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
do they hold up pretty well over time. What would another set of sacks in the back where the back seat is for instance do and maybe another up front?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
The 05 is nto a steal, a steal would be around 35-36k. I picked up an 04 last year with 74 hours loaded, for 34.5k. no enigne upgrade though. The supra sits low in teh water compared to the x-star and feels liek yrou sitting on the floor IMO. but I'd still get the Supra. The x-star is not worth the extra 20k IMO.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Good question....
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
basically the x-star is just like this one with the 05 x star graphics and this is the supra.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Depending on what "gear included" means.....it could very well turn into a steal.

First time boat owners rarely figure in initial investment on ropes, both tow and dock. Bumpers, jackets, pumps, sacks, anchors, boards, bindings, skis, tubes, bla...bla...bla. Maybe there is an extra prop in there....prop puller....a spare impeller.... All these things can add up quick and if included, can be a huge plus.....

Flag is like 5 bucks......
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
well if he includes a flag we are good to go. Man, that was easy! He would indeed include everything needed which you are right adds up very quickly.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Bryan, didn't you just buy a boat about 2-3 weeks ago?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-01-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
My only beef with the X-Star besides the high price is that it was a Team Riders boat. Now if someone is getting a free boat it is often that said boat is not maintained on the highest level. Also you can bet that all 450 hours were with the poor beast loaded to the gills with 2-4k in water. Thats a lot of extra strain in the motor/tranny. I think the Supra is a decent deal but there are probably better out there. Look for the previous owner that sucks at riding and doesn't load the hell out of their poor ride on a daily basis. Just my opinion.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-01-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Go for the X-Star Bryan, 03, 04, 05 or 06...

Slam it and you will not be unhappy with either the wakeboard or wake surf wake it throws.
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
well said. I am pretty unhappy with the dealers response to my questions here. It almost makes it seem like he thinks he is doing me a favor or something. I am opting out on the metal flake boat even though that color choice is my favorite. I will find something else for sale or go with the supra and sack it out and go stereo crazy for 5 grand and save 15 if it comes to that. It sure is a shame that a dealer can steer you away from a great product like mastercraft!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
i am getting a 07 24 ssv, if you would think about a 2006 24ssv i can make you a good deal, 60 hrs every option (not the 450, the 350), look at my profile pic
Old     (bull)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
Maybe I am missing something here but 38.4k out the door for a loaded 05 ssv (minus heater) with 200 hours on it and the engine upgrade? That is a great deal! In fact if you're not going to get that one Bryan could you pm the details cause I'd be seriously interested in it.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
That seems like a damn good deal to me on the SSV. Especially considering everything your getting and its OTD. Get the SSV. Unless you want a boat that says look at my bad ass boat, then get the MC. I would go SSV and save the extra 15K for gas money.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
I have a G.G 22SSV and love it. For sure go with the ssv and put a HUGE system in it and save the rest for gas and a rainy day
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Bryan - what are you looking for? Space? wake shape? good deal? last boat you will ever buy? give more details.

These are two different boats that two different types of people would buy IMO. Just my .02 though.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey bryan,
It was nice to meet you last night hopefully you will make it out and start hanging with the crew on whatever you get. Let me know if you have any questions on dealers and boats in the area.... I have worked with all the dealers and have formed my own opinions that I can share with you off the board....
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-03-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yawn.

Bryan, what happened to the MB? http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/345490.html
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
I was all set to go with the MB but I was really concerned about the resale. MB's just plumet in price and there is a specific target audience for their look. They are manufactured to the highest standards and don't want to give the impression of any disrespect they are just more of a niche boat. I was impressed with supras from the get go. The 22ssv handles like a sports car with the assult engine, has a really nice wake with the standard sacks let alone the sacks that are larger than the gravity sacks, and is not priced like a boat that might bear a heavier marketed name! I am a bang for the buck kind of guy. I really really wanted to get myself to buy a pickle fork but when it came down to it it's a boat and not my identity and if I had a family and people who were going to use it when I wasn't there and stuff like that it would be one thing but the deal I got on the supra was just too good to pass up.