Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-01-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
Any ideal how much it would cost to have a FCT installed on a '94 SNOB... Located in So Cal.
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
I am not sure about the FCT tower but at the pleasanton boat show I just did a Boss Tower for that boat. They will have the template and could build the tower and send it down to you.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-05-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
here is a starting price point for the tower--new...

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/new_dimension_wakeboard_towers/new_dimension_nautique_flight_control_tower

you might want to consider installing it yourself? not too labor intensive, just a drill, allen wrenches, 12 pack of miller high life, good foul language vocabulary and a reliable assistant to help mount tower and open your beers...

you might want save a ton of money and look at a monster tower for that application. www.monstertower.com
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
I put the monster tower on my 92 SNOB. Check my profile pic... Took me about 3 hours to install with minimal frustration. Would have taken less time if I didn't measure 20 times... think about cutting... prayed I wouldn't slip with the drill... measure one more time... then cut

(Message edited by boardordie on May 05, 2005)
Old    jwfergus            05-05-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
I agree.... I put the Monster on my '93 SNOB last summer and love it.....$995 shipped and as Kevin mentioned...measuring too many times b/c of the pucker factor of drilling my nice gel coat...but after 3 hours it looked GREAT!!! and is solid as a rock
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-05-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
I really appreciate the input... One question, when you guys added the monster tower did you have to do any reinforcement to the fiberglass/gelcoat? Also I just purchased the boat, how do you guys weight yours if at all?
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-05-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
I put over 1600 hours on my 94 Snob with an early Air Boom tower. This was a center bolt design and I only used 1/8 aluminum as the backer plate. The boat was loaded with up to 2400 lbs ballast and never had a single gel crack anywhere even though I let the tower bolts get loose a couple times. You will not need to reinforce the gel. A few on this site will vouch for the wake possibilities of your boat...If your willing sack up, that boat will give you all you ever need...except room.

Another option if your really on a budget is to look for a used non folding tower. There are a few around.

I miss my 94 snob.
Old     (mattkrull)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Troy - you have to get to MN sometime
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2005, 5:43 AM Reply   
The monster tower comes with backing plates that are around 1/4 inch thick and are the same foot print as the mounting bracket you see on the boat rails. My problem was finding flat areas underneath to put the backing plates. Most of the corners underneath are feathered out leaving very little flat area to place the back plate. I used it all last season and I'm 5'11" and 205 lbs and two of my usual crew are pushing close to 250 lbs and I haven't seen any gel coat cracks or weakening of the tower.