Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-27-2013, 12:04 PM Reply   
I thought he just signed with Mastercraft. Anyone have any info on what might have gone down?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-27-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
I saw that on instagram today. good for him.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2013, 12:50 PM Reply   
I don't think he's been with MasterCraft for a while. I think MB was his last boat sponsor. Here's the lowdown: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...ige-boats.html
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-27-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Dave. I may be wrong, but i could have sworn that this was his boat having seen multiple photos and edits of him riding it this summer. I also recall another of Rathy's instagram posts showing this boat with with a caption indicating that it was his, but that seems to have been deleted.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
I stopped by the MB factory in June/July of 2012 and he was riding for them at that time.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-27-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Thanks for the info Dave. I may be wrong, but i could have sworn that this was his boat having seen multiple photos and edits of him riding it this summer. I also recall another of Rathy's instagram posts showing this boat with with a caption indicating that it was his, but that seems to have been deleted.
You mean this boat?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377636046.279272.jpg
Views: 4208
Size:  128.8 KB
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-27-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
very interesting...
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-27-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Pretty sure that is the Oakley team boat. Right?
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-27-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
Yeah that's the oakley team boat, rather than Rathy's personally.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-27-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by machloosy View Post
Yeah that's the oakley team boat, rather than Rathy's personally.
Oh I see, that makes sense. Well hopefully this sponsorship with Tige goes better for him than his MB deal. If it's anything like that we'll see one edit of him behind a Z3 and he'll never be seen behind a Tige again
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
I'm stoked to see Rathy with Tigé. If you read the press release you will see that he is helping them do R&D on their new boat that is being designed to compete with the wakeboard wakes of the G23 and X Star.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-27-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
Congratulations Tigé Aaron Rathy is a awesome rider to sign.
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-27-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
i think it confused everyone that rathy was in a mc commercial earlier this year i think it was for the x25 i may be wrong tho
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-27-2013, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
I'm stoked to see Rathy with Tigé. If you read the press release you will see that he is helping them do R&D on their new boat that is being designed to compete with the wakeboard wakes of the G23 and X Star.
Stoked for Rathy but Tige should forget the G. They would have a SELLER on their hands if they had a hull that could compete with the Axis boys slammed boats, and was no more expensive than they charge now...
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-27-2013, 5:28 PM Reply   
yup i was wrong it was the x10 commercial

from MasterCraft Media on Vimeo.

Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-27-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
It's interesting to think that someone as talented as he is, that not one of the Big 3 would scoop him up. It seems like all the upper echelon' of Pro Wakeboarders ride for Malibu/Nautique/MC. That doesn't go as a knock to Rathy himself because he does some crazy aerials/combinations; just out of the blue. Tige' gets a world class boarder' for sure.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-27-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
This certainly has piqued my curiosity in tiges new hull although it better be in the 80k range if they want to compete. And I don't know how they're gonna touch the G series but props to them for trying
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2013, 3:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
It's interesting to think that someone as talented as he is, that not one of the Big 3 would scoop him up. It seems like all the upper echelon' of Pro Wakeboarders ride for Malibu/Nautique/MC. That doesn't go as a knock to Rathy himself because he does some crazy aerials/combinations; just out of the blue. Tige' gets a world class boarder' for sure.
Maybe he did his homework. He is helping Tige fine tune their new hull design.So he will have the rewards of being a part of that project when it's complete.He may not have been offered that opportunity with the other manufacturers.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-28-2013, 4:40 AM Reply   
Well cool for him he seems like a nice guy, meet him at a rockstar signing at worlds, very professional. Anyway good for Tige maybe Aaron will help them out and steer them away from being so focused on surfing and actually focus on their wakeboarding consumers desires! Ofcourse bringing him on will almost certainly not make them cheaper! I'd be curious to know how much of the high cost of a new MC or Nautique is due to their giving away so many pro boats.
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2013, 5:37 AM Reply   
I don't understand why Tige or any other boat company couldn't build a boat that rivals the X-star or G. Maybe thier R&D budget is not big enough? But you already have two examples to work from. In 5-10 years there will be something even better than the current X-star or G. Everyone has to raise thier game to compete in the future market.

Last edited by ridemarktwain; 08-28-2013 at 5:39 AM. Reason: Typo
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
Could that Oakley team boat be any dirtier.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-28-2013, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Stoked for Rathy but Tige should forget the G. They would have a SELLER on their hands if they had a hull that could compete with the Axis boys slammed boats, and was no more expensive than they charge now...
From what I hear, the new Axis A24 wake is a G23 competitor... I've not ridden one yet, but should be able to get behind one in September sometime.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-28-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
From what I hear, the new Axis A24 wake is a G23 competitor... I've not ridden one yet, but should be able to get behind one in September sometime.
Just because someone says it's a G competitor doesn't make it one. There is no way those 2 boats are even in the same house let alone the same room. I don't know who would even say that but it is news to me.

Rathy is a tricky guy for a boat sponsor. I don't know the specifics but I do know he had some issues in the past with perceived loyalty on the part of the boat manufacturers. As in, get sponsored by MB, and be seen non stop behind X-Stars on short web clips all over Facebook and Alliance. Rinse, repeat. Everywhere.

Rathy is absolutely one of my favorite riders. So I am somewhat bummed he's sponsored by my least favorite manufacturer. Admittedly they have been looking better lately, so maybe he can keep them pointed in the right direction and ever-improving.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-28-2013, 8:37 AM Reply   
There aren't many A24s out there yet, so it remains to be seen. It's not out of the question though. The 24 is a large boat.

By the way, through the grape vines (and completely unofficially), even some pros are saying this.

Again, it's hearsay and that always leads to false statements, but it's on pretty good authority that the A24 wake is going to give some of the top dogs a good run for their money.

The intent of the original statement is this:

There is no point for Tige to aim to compete with lower end boats' wakes. Every company wants the preverbial G23 wake. Especially considering the Z3 is a large boat. In terms of size and ability to hold a lot of ballast, there isn't any reason why it can't throw a huge wake. It's not likely to be better than (or even as good as) a G23, but they need to get as close as they can without breaking the bank on R&D.

In my opinion, they should dial back the bull**** features inside the boat and simply focus on the wake.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 08-28-2013 at 8:43 AM.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-28-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
IMO, to keep pros like Rathy and serious riders happy Tige will need to design a hull that does not "max out." If you look at brands like Axis, Malibu, Nautique, and now Supra with the SA, they all have boats in their line up that can handle as much weight as you want to put in them while staying clean and continuing to get bigger. I'm likely to get flamed for this, but i see this as a prime reason why Rathy didn't stay with MB for long. While their deep V hulls are capable of creating wakes that satisfy the masses, they simply can't handle the kind of weight the pros put in their boats without crumbling. I don't have a ton of experience with the Z3, but this seems to be the case for Tiges as well.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-28-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Trim41, I totally agree with you. Being able to build a mountain of a wake is always going to be an issue for a v-hull wakeboat. Add to much weight to them and you need to drive 25mph plus the shape is very unforgiving.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-28-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
Rumor is the new TIge is supposed to have a monster wake, we shall see.
Old    rullery            08-28-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think it's awesome for Rathy and Tige and i hope they build something successful together. Most importantly I hope they have fun.

Everyone always seems to stress out over how untouchable the G23 wake is and which wake is better than the other. Most of you would benefit from just chilling on the "Big Three" hype and the "X boats VS Z boats" because it's all a matter of preference anyway. 95% of wakeboarding is talent and hard work, and maybe 5% is the wake shape.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
"In my opinion, they should dial back the bull**** features inside the boat and simply focus on the wake." (Tom)

I agree with this statement, but I think the marketing guys and salesmen probably wouldn't like this. We, as a wakeboard community, are constantly screaming for a simple, affordable wakeboat with just the essentials, a ton of ballast, and a great wake... but we are the minority. Axis did this but constantly gets flamed for having cheap xy and z, and not enough interior options...blah blah blah. Then each year they add options and add bling and increase quality of the interiors and the price goes up and people cry.

I would guess that bling and options sell boats 10 times to 1 over a great wake, even if the price is 30K more.

tige sells boats to an older crowd, the 80's and 90's high school graduates, those who mainly drink beer on the water, like loud, barbed-wire, tribal styling gel schemes on their boats... who occasionally wakeboard but mainly surf, and provide this boat to guys for a bit cheaper than Mastercraft or Nautique can. Good for Tige, they grabbed a demo and have tried to lock them up... hopefully adding Rathy will open them up to the rest of us. Z3 wakes always look really good whether Adam Errington is riding it or Randall Harris. (the only 2 videos I have seen of this boat wake).

Hopefully Rathy puts out more footage than Adam did.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-28-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
why do I think when rathy calls up his buddies and ask them to ride, they aren't going to be running to ride behind a tige....I wouldn't with the options they have
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-28-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
How many of you have loaded up a Tige with 5k lbs of ballast like you do the "big 3" and ridden it? I'm just curious as to what the wake is like. I've had my RZ2 for 6 years but I'm not a good enough wakeboarder to need 5k of ballast so I haven't done it. Johnny nailed the demographic and as such, there hasn't really been anyone on the Tige owners site that has done it either.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
I have a Tige 24 ve and the most i've had is 2,220 lbs plus about 650lb worth of human weight and the wake gets progressively larger and firmer, i've never gone beyond that weight so for all I know it was peaked out. I'll invite more of my larger friends next time and throw some extra sacs in and see what I get.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-28-2013, 5:31 PM Reply   
Chad Lowe and Randall Harris loaded up my Tige Z3 with as much as they needed to make them happy...and they were definitely happy!

Name:  IMG_6681_1a.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  76.6 KB
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
I wonder if if is just a lack of experience behind a Tigé that scares you.All wake boats make a decent wake and they all get better with more weight.We should be stoked that Rathy is going to help Tigé fine tune their wake.I was stoked to ride behind one of the new G23's. I totally agree the wake was AWESOME. It was much bigger than my old knees could handle for long,but i could still appreciate it. I'm not saying the Tigé wake will be equal, but certainly Rathy can help Tigé make it better.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-28-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
Where tige was at in 2010/2011 was perfect, now they just look like they're trying too hard. Back then quality felt good, not trying too hard to be MC but still more extravagant than axis for not too too much more money. They need to get back to that point where they're a better balance of all around performance, price, quality, and features.

I regularly put 2375 lbs in my tige, plus normally 2 people at times 6-8. It's an RZR and the smallest vdrive on the market ( i think) but that's a lot of weight In a boat that size... But I ride at 22 and the wake is always pretty good, it's one of my favorites behind the G and loaded pwt xstar. It is finicky side to side. I think their wakes are under rated and that people struggle with a set up just because of the hull shape. It's definitely not as crisp a wake as other boats but just as hard and with a very nice lip

They have a spotted history here for their wakes and quality. While I'm not so hot on some quality issues, I can say the same for MC's I've been in, I think they're worth a look these days, I just think a 100k z3 is completely mental, although so is a g23, but those boats are very different,
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-28-2013, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
How many of you have loaded up a Tige with 5k lbs of ballast like you do the "big 3" and ridden it? I'm just curious as to what the wake is like. I've had my RZ2 for 6 years but I'm not a good enough wakeboarder to need 5k of ballast so I haven't done it. Johnny nailed the demographic and as such, there hasn't really been anyone on the Tige owners site that has done it either.
I think Wicked said he rides with 4-5k in ballast in his RZ2...at 28-29mph at 85'.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-29-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
If you have never ridden one weighted how Rathy likes it why wouldn't you? Do we some how know the wake is crap. I am happy to ride in anyones boats and have lots of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
why do I think when rathy calls up his buddies and ask them to ride, they aren't going to be running to ride behind a tige....I wouldn't with the options they have
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
I think Wicked said he rides with 4-5k in ballast in his RZ2...at 28-29mph at 85'.
Holy speed Batman!
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-29-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
"tige sells boats to an older crowd, the 80's and 90's high school graduates, those who mainly drink beer on the water, like loud, barbed-wire, tribal styling gel schemes on their boats... who occasionally wakeboard but mainly surf.
Ha ha
Old    rullery            08-29-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
"tige sells boats to an older crowd, the 80's and 90's high school graduates, those who mainly drink beer on the water, like loud, barbed-wire, tribal styling gel schemes on their boats... who occasionally wakeboard but mainly surf
I would love to hear your description of other boat brands' demographic!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2013, 10:04 AM Reply   
This will probably go about as well as it did when they signed Lyman.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuthafnp View Post
This will probably go about as well as it did when they signed Lyman.
I thought that went south because Lyman sunk his boat by leaving them on the water when the hurricane passed over. Am I thinking of something else?
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-29-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
High School Class of 1990
BS Safety Engineering 1995

2012 Tige RZR
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
"In my opinion, they should dial back the bull**** features inside the boat and simply focus on the wake." (Tom)

I agree with this statement, but I think the marketing guys and salesmen probably wouldn't like this. We, as a wakeboard community, are constantly screaming for a simple, affordable wakeboat with just the essentials, a ton of ballast, and a great wake... but we are the minority. Axis did this but constantly gets flamed for having cheap xy and z, and not enough interior options...blah blah blah. Then each year they add options and add bling and increase quality of the interiors and the price goes up and people cry.

I would guess that bling and options sell boats 10 times to 1 over a great wake, even if the price is 30K more.

tige sells boats to an older crowd, the 80's and 90's high school graduates, those who mainly drink beer on the water, like loud, barbed-wire, tribal styling gel schemes on their boats... who occasionally wakeboard but mainly surf, and provide this boat to guys for a bit cheaper than Mastercraft or Nautique can. Good for Tige, they grabbed a demo and have tried to lock them up... hopefully adding Rathy will open them up to the rest of us. Z3 wakes always look really good whether Adam Errington is riding it or Randall Harris. (the only 2 videos I have seen of this boat wake).

Hopefully Rathy puts out more footage than Adam did.
No offense, but I'm pretty sure 80% of the market share is made of the group you speak and older.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
I really don't understand why everyone slams a Tige wake. We have an RZ2 and it puts out an GREAT wake. I have had one pro behind and another buddy behind it that landed toe 9s like it wasn't ****. That was with the stock 2000lbs of ballast riding at 23.5mph. I have a buddy with a 2004 X Star that after riding behind my Tige a lot this summer wants to get a Tige as his next boat. Yes 10 years ago they thought they didn't need ballast. They realized that was wrong and moved on. Seems like a lot of folks on here will never move past that phase of Tige. I am pretty sure with the tricks I have seen landed with my own eyes behind my boat with not a single ballast bag out in the open a Tige wake isn't going to hold back 95% of the folks who are posting on this board much less the ones bashing a Tige wake.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rullery View Post
I would love to hear your description of other boat brands' demographic!
lol... yeah I have a stereotypical view of the boat owners for some of the brands.... mainly it is all in fun but there is some truth to them, as in all stereotype's.

To be fair, my first boat was a 1998 tige 2200v, used it for 4 years, no problems, had 3000 lbs or more in it and it had a great wake... even loved the TAPS because it helped me to get it on plane (wish I had it on my current boat). Quality seemed fine for a 98. Wake was similar to my buddies 07 VLX at the time, not as good, but fairly close.

Okay, this is all in fun so I hope you take it as such.

Tige- already did that one.

MB guy #1-Same exact guy as the Tige crowd but didn't believe the sales pitch of "with TAPS you do not need ballast",(sorry Bruizza, I know this is getting tired, but it is funny nonetheless) instead he can appreciate the need for ballast, especially when it drains or fills in UNDER 60 seconds.

MB guy #2-A little older than guy #1, wanted a Mastercraft because everyone knows Mastercraft is the best. No inboard boat experience, coming from an I/O. Went to local MC dealer, test drove X-star (2011), thought it drove like a pig, saw the price tag, then noticed a "different looking x-star" on showroom floor. Confused when he saw "MB" on side, misspelled of "MC" maybe? Noticed price tag on the F-21 about half that of the x-star. Test drove it. Seemed to be just as nice, drove like a pig, assumed all wakeboats drive like pigs. Not a fan of the tribal flame pattern and had no idea what all the "X" badging on the gel coat scheme and in the interior is about, other than trying to look like an x-star to the uninformed, thought it should have been an "F" if anything. Bought the MB TWB for $50 and went with the classic plain gel scheme. (yes, the MB's now have added tracking fins and apparently drive better now...)

Mastercraft guy #1- Older crowd, has no budget, adult kids, got rid of his 34' yacht so his kids could do some wakesports. Wanted the best, everyone knows MC is the best, bought the most expensive boat in the line up with all the options. The new X-star.

Mastercraft guy #2- Older crowd, has no budget, got rid of his 34' magic with supercharged twin screws to enjoy some watersports. Wanted the best, everyone knows MC is the best, bought the most expensive boat in the line up with all the options. The new X-star.

Nautique - Has no budget, wanted the best, everyone knows Mastercraft is the best... except for those that have been in the industry, or paying attention, for the last few years and knows that Nautique is the best. Buys the G23... his friends (and kids) are pumped and start calling him more.

Malibu- Mid 30's, has almost no budget, used to wakeboard in the summer behind an I/O back when he was in school. First time out on a wakeboat was in his friends new Malibu (chances are high since Malibu is the best selling brand, I think?), loved the experience, it drove great, wake seemed nice, boat was very comfortable. Has no experience on any other wakeboat brand, Malibu is all he knows, and he knows he wants a Malibu.

Axis- Mid 30's, has a serious budget of $40k. Wants a wakeboard boat, used to wakeboard sometimes behind a bunch of different boats, might of even had an old direct drive ski boat or little I/O. Best experience wakeboarding was behind a friends Malibu. Went to go buy a Malibu, price was too high. Looked at 6-7 year old Malibu's and they were just over budget around $50k. Noticed Axis at the Bu dealer, saw the price of about $50. Drove it, felt and drives exactly like his buddies VLX and the used malibu's he has been looking at. Somewhat mechanical but does not have a lot of experience working on boats. Decides to go with the Axis because he feels better having a warranty.

Thats all I have... I have nothing for EPIC, Supra/moomba, or the rest.

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 08-29-2013 at 1:23 PM.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-29-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
And with 96% of the people buying a new boat you mean surfing, not watersports, right? Ok... and maybe a little tubing after all the glass is gone.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
And with 96% of the people buying a new boat you mean surfing, not watersports, right? Ok... and maybe a little tubing after all the glass is gone.
Yes, I stand corrected. We who know, know that surfing shouldn't count as a real water sport.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
Bruizza had an Axis A22 prior to his RZ2
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-29-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
lol... yeah I have a stereotypical view of the boat owners for some of the brands.... mainly it is all in fun but there is some truth to them, as in all stereotype's.

To be fair, my first boat was a 1998 tige 2200v, used it for 4 years, no problems, had 3000 lbs or more in it and it had a great wake... even loved the TAPS because it helped me to get it on plane (wish I had it on my current boat). Quality seemed fine for a 98. Wake was similar to my buddies 07 VLX at the time, not as good, but fairly close.

Okay, this is all in fun so I hope you take it as such.

Tige- already did that one.

MB guy #1-Same exact guy as the Tige crowd but didn't believe the sales pitch of "with TAPS you do not need ballast",(sorry Bruizza, I know this is getting tired, but it is funny nonetheless) instead he can appreciate the need for ballast, especially when it drains or fills in UNDER 60 seconds.

MB guy #2-A little older than guy #1, wanted a Mastercraft because everyone knows Mastercraft is the best. No inboard boat experience, coming from an I/O. Went to local MC dealer, test drove X-star (2011), thought it drove like a pig, saw the price tag, then noticed a "different looking x-star" on showroom floor. Confused when he saw "MB" on side, misspelled of "MC" maybe? Noticed price tag on the F-21 about half that of the x-star. Test drove it. Seemed to be just as nice, drove like a pig, assumed all wakeboats drive like pigs. Not a fan of the tribal flame pattern and had no idea what all the "X" badging on the gel coat scheme and in the interior is about, other than trying to look like an x-star to the uninformed, thought it should have been an "F" if anything. Bought the MB TWB for $50 and went with the classic plain gel scheme. (yes, the MB's now have added tracking fins and apparently drive better now...)

Mastercraft guy #1- Older crowd, has no budget, adult kids, got rid of his 34' yacht so his kids could do some wakesports. Wanted the best, everyone knows MC is the best, bought the most expensive boat in the line up with all the options. The new X-star.

Mastercraft guy #2- Older crowd, has no budget, got rid of his 34' magic with supercharged twin screws to enjoy some watersports. Wanted the best, everyone knows MC is the best, bought the most expensive boat in the line up with all the options. The new X-star.

Nautique - Has no budget, wanted the best, everyone knows Mastercraft is the best... except for those that have been in the industry, or paying attention, for the last few years and knows that Nautique is the best. Buys the G23... his friends (and kids) are pumped and start calling him more.

Malibu- Mid 30's, has almost no budget, used to wakeboard in the summer behind an I/O back when he was in school. First time out on a wakeboat was in his friends new Malibu (chances are high since Malibu is the best selling brand, I think?), loved the experience, it drove great, wake seemed nice, boat was very comfortable. Has no experience on any other wakeboat brand, Malibu is all he knows, and he knows he wants a Malibu.

Axis- Mid 30's, has a serious budget of $40k. Wants a wakeboard boat, used to wakeboard sometimes behind a bunch of different boats, might of even had an old direct drive ski boat or little I/O. Best experience wakeboarding was behind a friends Malibu. Went to go buy a Malibu, price was too high. Looked at 6-7 year old Malibu's and they were just over budget around $50k. Noticed Axis at the Bu dealer, saw the price of about $50. Drove it, felt and drives exactly like his buddies VLX and the used malibu's he has been looking at. Somewhat mechanical but does not have a lot of experience working on boats. Decides to go with the Axis because he feels better having a warranty.

Thats all I have... I have nothing for EPIC, Supra/moomba, or the rest.

This should have been a whole new thread. Very entertaining.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-29-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
^ Just found the new thread.....whoops
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
So now Dean Smith and Rathy wont have anyone to ride with due to crappy wakes and boats. What were they thinking!!!

Quote:
Old    rullery            08-30-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh Kyle you sound privileged!

"So what options are even on that Tige? Thought so, yeah I'd rather not even ride that" LOL
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
hate to say it but in his defense I think he meant boat options as in G23, XStar, MXZ etc. However, agree with you on the rest.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
Aaron Rathy,Dean Smith............. Who's next?
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-30-2013, 5:14 PM Reply   
Me! I just made a call and I am now on team Tige! Apparently it's a 3 day only deal where Tige will sign anyone who calls in. Don't miss this incredible offer.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-30-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
Deleted