Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (blindgoose)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-04-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
I picked up a 2009 Ronix Mana 134 and matched it up with some Kai closed toe bindings. I got a killer deal from evogear and I tried the board out for the first time today.

I am coming from a 2008 CWB Pure 134 with Vapor bindings and the difference between the two is significant!

I was having trouble with my w2w landings and now they are effortless with the new board. I even landed my first w2w 180 today so it's already making a massive difference in my riding.

The molded-in fins are a little big so I am guessing that is what is making my landings more solid. There is absolutely no need for the optional center fins. I am having a hard time breaking the fins loose with a surface 180 when compared to my really loose CWB Pure. It's going to take more effort to use proper technique to break the fins loose before I am 100% satisfied with the board.

Post up your experience with this board if you own it. I would love to hear some feedback!

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
x2. Bought same board 6 months ago coming from a Ronix Vault. It's done tons for my progress & pop. Love the board. Was thinking about the One board but was talked out of it. Not sure how the two compare. General consensus was that the Vault is "slower" I believe. Maybe that board next.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
I have the 08 142 and by far the best board I have owned. It suits my riding well and its soft on landings out in the flats. I bought the board brand new for 140.00 over 2 years ago.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Love the look of that board! My buddy rides one. Great board with lots of drive into the wake. It does seem a tad slow for my taste but love the drive and landings! Good purchase!
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
I had one of these, just like yours, 138 version, rode it for about a month and sold it to a buddy who loves it. I find the board tracks really well, which is why it helps you on w2w's and 180s. It really sticks and doesnt slide out from under you, even with the fins off. But I experienced the same thing, very hard to break loose for surface tricks. Anyway, its a great board if it fits your riding style, and its definitely hot looking. I always get compliments on the woodgrain.
Old     (blindgoose)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-05-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones View Post
I had one of these, just like yours, 138 version, rode it for about a month and sold it to a buddy who loves it. I find the board tracks really well, which is why it helps you on w2w's and 180s. It really sticks and doesnt slide out from under you, even with the fins off. But I experienced the same thing, very hard to break loose for surface tricks. Anyway, its a great board if it fits your riding style, and its definitely hot looking. I always get compliments on the woodgrain.
I hope I can learn to break these crazy fins loose. Otherwise I will most likely be looking for a new board.

I took the 1" center fins out. There is no need for them.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-07-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
I hope i can try one next week, can't wait to see the difference to my Ronix Viva.
Old     (blindgoose)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
i am looking at buying a viva.. give us a review when you ride the mana. Thanks!