Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (rj_jr)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Hey guys. My parents asked me to start thinking about what I wanted for Christmas this year and I know that I want a new board. I think I have settled on the LF Watson with either LF Vantages bindings or CWB Zeus bindgins. Which size would be best for me. I am 6'0 and 165 lbs. Thanks for the suggestions. If it helps at all I ride a Fish 133 right now
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-10-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
get the 142, you'll thank yourself later.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-24-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
i know this thred is pretty old. but i would go with the 138. i weigh 170 and i ride the lyman 138

my dad has the watson 142. and the 142 feels really bulky and hard to move around to me. i dont know what it is. but its EXTREMLY hard to do board slides with it. and it feels awkward in the air
but thats just my oppinion.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
142, allows for wider stance, softer landings, little more control, and you're likely going to get heavier and not lighter
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-25-2008, 12:27 AM Reply   
i ride the 138 and im 6-O 180LBS abd i love the deck except its allitle slow for me.. but its deffnitly a great ride, oh yeah and im all the way out which is pretty wide.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-25-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
it'd be faster if you got the 42. RJ- Im almost same height and weight as you, and won't ride boards smaller than 140. You'll get smoother, more controllable pop, less drag on landings, and more speed into the wake. David, the butterslide issue is probably because of the fin setup on the boards. The watson has very defined, crisp fins, whereas the lyman has cupped fins with a very round outside profile, which makes them much easier to break loose.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-25-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
btw. i ride the lyman 139. not the 138. total spelling error. they done even make a 138 lyman. haha
Old     (rj_jr)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Anyone have any opinions on a Slingshot 1. I know that this topic is being thrown around right now but I wanted to know if the length idea would be the same for the response or recoil as well.
Old     (rj_jr)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Anyone have any opinions on a Slingshot. I know that this topic is being thrown around right now but I wanted to know if the length idea would be the same for the response or recoil as well.
Old     (coyotesexual)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-25-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Im 5'6 160lbs and i went from a Watson 138 to a Recoil 138 or 142. I change them out depending on what i want to do for the day. The transition to the SS was really easy and i like riding slingshot boards a lot more, there is just a lot more you can do with a SS. The boards put the fun back into just cruising around, carving, and enjoying your day on the water, whether you have a pro sized wake or an ankle high one.

(Message edited by coyotesexual on November 25, 2008)
Old     (skinstuff)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Check out the ronix wakeboards.... the new v2 series is SICK!
Old     (xtrmeboarder3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-25-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
hey im 23 years old, 6 foot, 170 pounds. i currently ride the 138 watson, after purchasing the 143 lyman and the 139 lyman, i preferred the feel of the watson. it was everything i was lookin for in a board, great pop, soft landings, breaks loose on the surface whenever you ask it to, surface tricks. but would lock an edge so easily i never feel like im struggling to maneuver. cuts great toward the wake. as for the size, ive always ridden boards around the this size, my first board around 2001 was a 137 obrien blunt, a couple years later i had an obrien swindle 139. when i road the larger lyman it didnt come naturally to me, the extra length. hope any of that helps with your decision.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-25-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
If you want something unique...we still have a few of the Platinum Watsons in both sizes with a grind base. They are on closeout. And just got in 09's. Good luck with your search..you are definately on the right track!

Bill @ Performance.

http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/Liquid-Force-Watson-Platinum-Limited.html