Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
Any experiences with these boats? Been looking for a used V-Drive and there are a couple of Mobius's with wake plate, tower, perfect pass, ballast systems, etc... for 25-27 g's. I had my heart set on a '96-'98 Malibu Sunsetter VLX but it seems like I can get A LOT more for my money, newer boat, less hours, more options, if I went with one of these Mobius's. I am just worried about the reliability and quality. I don't want a boat that will continually have problems. And I will pamper the hell out of which ever boat I do end up with. Any comments? Thanks in advance.
Old    grampawakerider            08-21-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Best I can tell you, I don't own one yet, is that apparently the owners of these boats must LOVE them cuz I can't find one for sale anywhere near me. I'm looking for an 02-04 Mobius LSV.
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
There are two sweet looking ones in Phoenix, AZ if you're close, boattrader.com
Old    grampawakerider            08-21-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
I've looked at them. I have a week vacation coming up in Sep. I'm in Cali and if still available I will go look/buy.
Old     (mtv_firemedic)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-21-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
I have one... 02 LSV.. i bought with 56 hrs.. now has 120.. bought last Aug. came with racks and and nice stereo. and a couple of fat sacs and over the side pumps.. paid 28,000.. has EFI engine.. and was CLEAN. I since have put.. Perfect pass wakeboard pro..very easy install with 02 and later. but costs 1000.. and a custom ballast system with 3 Jabsco Ballast puppy pumps, and 3 sacs.. drilled 7 holes(6 on sides for empty and overflow and one underneath for intake.) All controlled by 3 FILL/EMPTY switches next to driver.. takes 7 min to put in 1200lbs and makes a sweet wake. Next year - wakeplate -.. nice but not necessary. Put on a couple more racks to hold the skis and Surfboard. Does EVERYTHING well. Drives nice and feels solid. Interior is not as BLING as the big 3 MC/Nauti/BU but I couldnt justify 10-15,000 for plusher carpet and seats, when the Mobius seats are comfy too.. if you can find one... buy a Mobius LSV.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-22-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
D, for what it's worth, my '99 Moomba Outback has held up like new and has given me very few problems (slight tear in the spotters seat, and a new bildge pump in 5 years of service). I've got the DD Indmar Assault motor w/310hp. I know it's not a Mobius, or a V-drive, so I don't know how relavent this is to you. I've been more than happy with my Moomba.

Also, I've heard that since Skiers Choice took over the helm from United Marine, the quality has gotten even better. All of the newer Supra's and Moomba's have very good reputations.