Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
The event at Orwood this weekend is cancelled due to the County revolking the Special Event Permit. It will be rescheduled for the 25th. Apprently a minority landowner/ farmer on the other side of the bridge contends that wakeboard boats are eroding the levee. We have spoken to the majority landowner and they tried to rescind the letter but the County said they must wait ten days to re-issue the permit, NO EXCEPTIONS.

We have been jumping trough hoops for 6 months for this permit and have done everything they have asked of us. We have Coast Guard permits and County Sheriff permision without any problems. The County told me this was the only complaint that has to be heard, the event WILL go on. September 25th.

Sorry to everyone who had made plans on being there. Real Bummer!

My stomach is still turning from this!!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear this Chuck, I know how hard you and Linda have worked on this. But you have a lot of Pit Bull in you and I know you will get it done.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Damn Chuck, sorry to hear that. Keep fighting the good fight and get'r done.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-09-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
Bummer, Keep up the fight. We will show when it is rescheduled. Thanks for fighting for us.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
Sorry Chuck. That sucks buddy.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-09-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
That sucks they are causing problems. Put that farmer on a boat with some hot girls in little suits and he will have nothing to say after that but, Thank you
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-09-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
I hope everyone still comes out and rides the Delta any way. We are still going to camp, eventhough we live 3 miles from Orwood. Why Not!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-09-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Chuck are you "camping" in your Luxury travel trailer Hope you have a great turn out.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-09-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
Hmm... I might just do that Chuck!

-Uj
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-09-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
If I can catch a ride I might still be in too.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-11-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the problems, Chuck. Luckily for me, I found out about this about 5 minutes before I started the 2 hour drive to the contest. It would help if you guys post this up on the INT website or facebook page or something. I hadn't been on here in a while. Really looking forward to the event though, no doubt I could use the extra 2 weeks to practice!