Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jwalterm)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-29-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
How do you weight your 21V for Surfing?
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-29-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
port locker full
750lb across the back bench
750lb along the port side
150lb port side bow
2 people in boat.

this is the best i could ever get it, but i've never been really impressed with it. the middle picture makes it look pretty big due to the camera angle, but as you can see when i'm on it, it's not. wakeboard wake on the other hand is great.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2008, 11:59 PM Reply   
-580# in portside locker (gravity games bag)
-600# on top of port side locker (yes, on the back sun deck right above the locker, I use a couple of bungees and wrap around the bag, ski pole and hook to pop up cleat. (2) 300lbs buddies or 300 lbs chicks sitting on the sun deck will accomplish the same thing :-)
-600# portside bow (bag fills that side of bow and climbs a bit up the back of the seat towards the windshield, but stays in the boat just fine with no tiedowns
-1180# bow locker (gravity games bag)
a few or lots of people in boat

about 10.7mph to 11.2mph

I am not particularly impressed with the surf wake either, but unlike C.R. (crushing76) the size/heigth of my wake is great, a big face, easy to ride, but the pocket is not very deep, on C. R. (crushing76)'s picture it looks as if he is maybe 15ft back, on mine, you've gotta be within 5-10 back off the swim platform. I would love to be 15-20ft back like his pic, but haven't been able to dial that in, if we increase the speed of the boat much faster than 11.2mph, the pocket does 'deepen' but it becomes too fast and is hard to 'catch up' to pocket. I have also been told that I am probably not using the best board either (broadcast 5'6"), but I am not good enough to know the difference in boards.

If you havent already, may want to check out-

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/565265.html?1212111597
Old     (jwalterm)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! I am going to try and put the 1150 bag in the back!