Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-06-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
Just thinking of some different ideas for stickering up the board. Any pics or suggestions would be welcome. In particular, has anyone cut their stickers and placed them near the edge so it looks like its been cutoff or continues on the bottom side.

Also, does anyone know of any techniques for waterproofing their stickers so they NEVER peel off with some clear coat or something...?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I've had some good luck with Vinyl Decals... I've never had one come off by board in years of use. Not as colorful as regular stickers, but they're less adhesivey and look sicker.

David Shu (Captain_542 on Wakeworld) has a Vinyl plotter and can custom-design vinyls for really reasonably, even for one-offs... plus he can design 'em in huge sizes (I think up to 2' x 2'). You should shoot him an e-mail: dshu@purdue.edu.

Good luck with the stickering!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-06-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
I enjoy the cutoff look. like the big LF drop on the 06 watson. that is a good look in my opinion. I have an 03 team and it pretty much looks like one of those hondas in fast and furious with a bunch all lined up on the door. my shane is blank just like she came from the factory so i dunno if anything is goin on ther yet.

if you catch a glimpse of Lymans shred sticks in butter effect he has some awesome sticker layouts with Oakley stickers. kinda looks like a firework explosion. Kyle schmidt does some pretty crazy things as well. just put your imagination to work.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-06-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have some time put on my Krown B-Hood.

Upload

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
www.MySpace.com/LiquidDisciples
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Nice pic. Does anyone have any other pics they want to upload? Even some pics of pros' boards would be cool. Anyboard with a cool stickering job will do!
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-07-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Thanks, I took the ones off te eyes, of the skull. It was just too much. As you can see the UGP stickers along te edges were cut with a razor blade. It looks really good in person.

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Sick board danny.

I put an "air jordan" sticker on mine just cuz it was different. (and my name is jordan. and i like to get air)

I just don't see the point in giving a bunch of free advertising to other companies (unless youre sponsored by them).
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-08-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
My son has 1 that say's REDNECKS RULE and one that say's BLAME CANADA...
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-09-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thats awesome. I have always non-wakeboarded related stickers on my board. Its an opportunity to project yourself. I had previously tried to sticker up the bottom of my lf substance with a small paragraph of writing, but every letter came off after a few sets.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
heres my board

Upload
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-19-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
this is my old board, i havnt done anything to my new one yet
Upload
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-19-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Greg, those are some swet stickers dude...

My favorites are the long black and white ones!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com