Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-15-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
I have a 2009 MB Sports B52 V23, and have to go through a lot of chop (on the Potomac).

I've been thinking about adding a trim tab, and would like some advice. My boat has a Fresh Air Exhaust, but I don't have a good photo of that right now. But from other photos it looks like a single center trim tab should fit.

Is there anything I should really know, other than just asking a local shop to install one? Such as a particular brand, the best place to install the control switch, helpful tips on usage, or anything else I should know?

I don't expect it to help wake/surf performance, so my only real goal is to make the rough water not so completely miserable... Thanks.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-15-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
I just talked to MB and it looks like I will be buying a trim tab kit from them. Still would appreciate any advice for someone who's never used a trim tab...
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-15-2013, 6:22 PM Reply   
Check out mbboatowners.com
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-15-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
I ordered one today, how much and what kind is from MB?
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-15-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
I'm not sure which brand of trim tab is in the MB kit. It's something over $1k, though I don't know the exact price right now.

(Yup, I did check mbboatowners.com and saw a few threads there about trim tabs... I almost posted this there instead but decided I wanted input from more people and wasn't sure I wanted to double-post it. Was there a particularly useful thread there I might have missed?)
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-15-2013, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndk View Post
I'm not sure which brand of trim tab is in the MB kit. It's something over $1k, though I don't know the exact price right now.

(Yup, I did check mbboatowners.com and saw a few threads there about trim tabs... I almost posted this there instead but decided I wanted input from more people and wasn't sure I wanted to double-post it. Was there a particularly useful thread there I might have missed?)
Go to MB Owners and ask oldsmobiledriver about his, he just put on a lenco and may have a parts list from discountmarine.com. Threads under General Discussion/Wakeplate at the end of the thread. I know you can basically put a single Lenco together for closer to 450-500 with a switch. I'd skip the one from MB IMO.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-15-2013, 9:35 PM Reply   
You can use it to shape the wake while surfing some. It will also get you started faster and is really useful to adjust the attitude of the boat for rough water or if you get caught in a storm. Trim the nose down if you are headed in to the waves to keep the hull from bouncing so much. If you are following waves you trim the nose up to stop from plowing into the next wave as you drop into the trough.
It is a really worthwhile addition.
Sanger and Supra use Bennett but I think MB uses Lenco.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-16-2013, 5:15 AM Reply   
not sure about an 09, but if you want to be able to see where the tab is (half down etc.) if you have a gauge on your dash, then you will need to buy the one from MB, it does help the surf wake and it also has a brain where it goes to the off / up position every time the boat is turned off
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Go to MB Owners and ask oldsmobiledriver about his, he just put on a lenco and may have a parts list from discountmarine.com. Threads under General Discussion/Wakeplate at the end of the thread. I know you can basically put a single Lenco together for closer to 450-500 with a switch. I'd skip the one from MB IMO.
I think it's actually closer to $275 with a switch.

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.ph...57-wake-plate/