Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (smizidie)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-31-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Looking for a ride to launch out of or near orwood tomorrow - only one of us rides. Will bring the usual gas money, munchies and a smile!! Please message me if you have room!!

Last edited by wakeworld; 05-31-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-31-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Shannon, Maybe I am getting old or because I have a daughter, but be careful sending an open post with your phone number and offering to go out on a stranger's boat. I have ridden with strangers many times and 99% of the time I have met some super cool people. But I have had a few weird ones. I think most anyone on this site would be cool, but be careful. You don't want to end up miles from a dock and things get funky. It would be best even if it was a friend of a friend. You don't want to end up in the Boat Bun Thread...

Find a local wake club and hit a mixer or two on land before hopping in a boat.
Old     (smizidie)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-31-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice ill be careful.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-31-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I've ended up in a few sketchy situations on boats and just want to save you the trouble. Thanks for understanding.
Old     (smizidie)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-31-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Totally sweet of you to care actually. I promise we will be careful!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-31-2013, 6:49 PM Reply   
Definitely be careful. There are a lot of strange people out there. We have found many new friends thru this find a third. Unfortunately we are taking family out tomorrow. Add me as a friend and hit me up in the future I will get you guys out soon. We have a very mellow group of people we ride with. I am based out of Orwood. I have a 2013 MB 23wb
Good Luck and stay safe
Don C.
Old     (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
Is it just me or is really that sad that we have to tell 2 females to be safe to ask for a pull on a wakeboarding site? Can we just wipe out the creepers one by one? Seriously if you if you have ever done harm or thought about it to an innocent girl or guy give me a call and i will gladly give you what you deserve 8308322307
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-31-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
Shot you a PM, might be able to get you out for some sets with the folks we're taking out tomorrow. Either way, always looking for cool people to ride and we go year round. OH...and Don up above...he and his family are the best in the world to ride with so get out on that MB if you have a chance!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2013, 5:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words Matt Steele. I hope we see you out there tomorrow. Can't wait to spend Father's Day weekend with you and your Awesome family. It will be a fun filled adventure all weekend. Shannon if you can make it definitely hook up with Matt and his family they ride with us all the time. They are great people and you will have nothing to worry about. Everybody have a great weekend. We our leaving Orwood at 8 today and 8:30 tomorrow. If you see us say Hi.
Old     (kneves)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-04-2013, 8:22 PM Reply   
I'm super new to this board. Just registered tonight. I love that you guys look out for each other. That's awesome!!
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2013, 10:49 PM Reply   
Hello saw your wW post here so thought I would say hello since we are taking my boat out this sat 8th delta boarding if you are interested. We have girls and guys that ride and all levels as well of riders so all are welcome. So if interested day hello here or send me pm here or email at. Tobs2@hotmail.com

Thx

Tobin
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-05-2013, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneves View Post
I'm super new to this board. Just registered tonight. I love that you guys look out for each other. That's awesome!!
Welcome to Wake World. Explore around and have a great time. There is lots of great people and good info on these boards. Also get a hold of Matt Steele he is on here a lot He goes out of Whiskey Slough. His family is awesome and we ride together a lot. We both take a lot of people out.

Last edited by ktm525; 06-05-2013 at 6:25 AM. Reason: added info
Old     (kneves)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-05-2013, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm525 View Post
Welcome to Wake World. Explore around and have a great time. There is lots of great people and good info on these boards. Also get a hold of Matt Steele he is on here a lot He goes out of Whiskey Slough. His family is awesome and we ride together a lot. We both take a lot of people out.
Thanks Don. Matt and I have already been in touch. Looks like we may be riding together as soon as this Saturday. Fingers crossed!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-06-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Shannon, Maybe I am getting old or because I have a daughter, but be careful sending an open post with your phone number and offering to go out on a stranger's boat. I have ridden with strangers many times and 99% of the time I have met some super cool people. But I have had a few weird ones. I think most anyone on this site would be cool, but be careful. You don't want to end up miles from a dock and things get funky. It would be best even if it was a friend of a friend. You don't want to end up in the Boat Bun Thread...

Find a local wake club and hit a mixer or two on land before hopping in a boat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...spNzOFPk#t=21s
Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       06-19-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
I have yet to meet and crazies on here and I have had plenty of thirds on my boat from this site. Have fun!!!