Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Chaserwaser            07-30-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
So whenever I have read or heard about this trick from anyone they said to always look at the tower... Ok I can get that, your body follows your head all that jazz... but every single time I watch anyone do one for real in front of me they always look where there spotting for there landing, I dont see one person actually LOOK at the tower, when I try them I actually try to focus on the tower but everytime I do that I feel im to focused on that and I actually stargaze on the way down ....

Do you actually LOOK at the tower or do you just say you do and dont even realize your spotting your landing the whole time
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
I don't accually look at the tower... Most of the time im spotting the landing but my railey's are always off axis. I'm told that if I wanted to stay square I'm supposed to take a glance at the boat before spotting you're landing. Personally i think my railey tricks (hoochie, OHH, ect...) in general look cooler off axis.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
on a raley you look up at the tower so you don't rotate into a flip.you relax your hips so thety float back if you get twisted it's usually because you didn't weight both legs the same pushing off the wake . you would start spotting your landing after you have peaked but before you push the handle down towards your knees. hope this helps
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-30-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
It is like the whole look at the shore thing......."Do as I say, not as I do!!"
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Si
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
THE LOOKING UP THING IS JUST TO KEEP YOUR HEAD ABOVE YOUR BACK if you get your head level or down you will rotate in a flipping motion.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
I actually created a trick in kneeboarding where you throw a raley and then look down and back behind you. It's called a Wingnut. Give it a try on the wakeboard. It's freaky fun.

Anyway, yeah, look at the tower. Don't worry about others.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
Tuneman KILLS IT on the kneeboard! He's the kind of guy that makes ballet look badass!
Old     (TarahMik)      Join Date: May 2010       07-30-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
I don't think you should look at the tower. You look at the wake through the take-off & then keep looking where you're going (which means spot your landing). Stargazing comes from having too much weight on your back foot or going too early off the wake. Hope that helps!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-31-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
when i first learned raleys, i was taking a boat lesson at owc maybe 8-9 years ago and the coach just kept telling me never take your eyes off the tower. The first one i landed i wasn't even looking at the wake when i was edging in, just the tower and after some of the worst falls i've ever taken, it worked. Once you learn the trick, you don't have to think about looking at the tower. Just in the beginning