Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CJ)      Join Date: May 2011       06-23-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
what is yalls opinion on some of the best boats out right now? not just the newest ones but one that has an all around good engine and throws out a good wake. we have a super air nautique we are about to sell and looking for a good new boat.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-23-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Axis A20/A22, MB Sport F21 Tomcat and if you need more room you can't beat an LSV... What year is your SAN? Most people love those so you might already have one of the "best".
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
The one that's paid for
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-23-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Do you want to use your boat for wakeboarding,surfing or skiing?That will make a difference.The SAN has one of the better wakes out there.I also like Mastercraft wakes, Malibu and Axis wakes,as well as Supra,Moomba and Tige wakes.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
If you like the SAN wake, you might like the LSV with the power wedge. The LSV will create a wall of a wake if that's what you want. It allows you to shape the wake for anyone.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-23-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
The best boat to own right now would be an oil tanker that you could fill with what's about to be $80/barrel oil and sit on it for 6 months until oil goes back up to $120 a barrel so you can make a huge ROI.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-23-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
without a doubt, the best boat right now available on the market is
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-23-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
what is yalls opinion on some of the best boats out right now? not just the newest ones but one that has an all around good engine and throws out a good wake. we have a super air nautique we are about to sell and looking for a good new boat.
It seems you own it already.
Old    djstasevich            06-23-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
I only have ridding experience behind Mastercraft's X15 and a Nautique team 210, both with full stock ballasts, and i must say that i liked the nautique's wake way better, it seemed to be more rampy, and stiffer.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-23-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
"...we have a super air nautique we are about to sell and looking for a good new boat."

Any boat will be better than your current ride.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"...we have a super air nautique we are about to sell and looking for a good new boat."

That's a pretty strong statement would you care to explain why you hate Nautique so much?
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       06-23-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
wake77: love that comment. beast!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-23-2011, 11:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon

MC X-80 is the flyest boat for stuntin!

Also, it has six wheels on the trailer and a sh**ter on the boat! Nobody can top that!

What he said... LOL
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2011, 3:16 AM Reply   
"Anyone poops on my boat is banned for life"
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
The best boat is the one you can pay cash for
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-24-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_g View Post
The best boat is the one you can pay cash for
My thoughts Exactly....!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-24-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
"That's a pretty strong statement would you care to explain why you hate Nautique so much?"

I don't have anything against Nautique. It's just annoying that the guy asked for some advice on a new boat and people are like:

"OMG, you already have a Nautique, what more could anyone want... OOOOOHHHH, you have a Nautique, can I polish your pistol for you?"

If you like your boat, great, but it's asinine to act as though no other boat even compares to a Nautique.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   
Have you ever owned a Nautique? They are a hard act to follow.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
wake77:

i don't think anyone's comment about Nautiques on this thread was any stronger than comments about other boats.

fwiw.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:

Did you read this comment?
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
Hunter:

i was talking about the people commenting about how awesome Nautiques were vs. people who were talking about how awesome other boats were. I was trying to illustrate that wake77's comment was the only one that was ridiculously supporting one side or the other.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2011, 4:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tro View Post
Hunter:

i was talking about the people commenting about how awesome Nautiques were vs. people who were talking about how awesome other boats were. I was trying to illustrate that wake77's comment was the only one that was ridiculously supporting one side or the other.
Agreed. The fact is most people buy the best boat for them. Whats best for you may not be best for me. I dont think anybody builds a bad boat . I guess the old saying is true. There is an A$$ for every seat.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-25-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
^Dude, are you so anal you can't detect the slightest bit of sarcasm? Do you constantly find yourself not laughing when someone tells a joke?

When you post comments such as:

"Have you ever owned a Nautique? They are a hard act to follow."

Expect to get:

"OMG, you already have a Nautique, what more could anyone want... OOOOOHHHH, you have a Nautique, can I polish your pistol for you?"

You act as though GOD has graced you and chosen you to join an elite club. But Nautique is like any other brand, one can drop 100 grand and own one just as easily as one can drop 100 grand on any other brand.

Last edited by wake77; 06-25-2011 at 9:36 AM.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Jeremy
Did you not read the previous post?
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-26-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:

i took this as "the grass is always greener''. was that not the intent?
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-26-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
i have moomba mobius lsv. not the fanciest but very customizable and i am not financing it for the rest of my life. i dont understand how people can afford bu's, mastercrafts, natiques, or any other of those brands. way pricey!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-26-2011, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
i have moomba mobius lsv. not the fanciest but very customizable and i am not financing it for the rest of my life. i dont understand how people can afford bu's, mastercrafts, natiques, or any other of those brands. way pricey!
HELLO!!!!They make more money than you and many of them pay cash for their boats.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-27-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Obviously the best boat is MY BOAT.
Unfortunately, it's not for sale otherwise I would no longer have the best boat until I got another one...
...which would then be the best boat so you'd be out of luck anyway.
Old     (CJ)      Join Date: May 2011       06-27-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
well the SAN we have does not have perfect pass and the boss man wants to get a newer one since this one is getting older. I have been behind a few LSV's along with moomba and MC. its not like your gunna hurt my feelings if you say Nautiques are not good bro
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-27-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
HELLO!!!!They make more money than you and many of them pay cash for their boats.
maybe but from my personal experience most of the wakeboarding crowd is their mid 20s and early thirties and i see boats like this all over the place. i find it hard to believe that THAT many people that young can pay cash for an 80,000 dollar + boat. I have seen some people ride where I ride with a green super air natique and every time they come out there is always an older grey headed man pulling the boat in a truck and tahoe full of kids following. daddies money im guessing.

if the mid twenty to mid thirty crowd really is paying cash for these rides then please let me know what you are doing cause i need to get into the business you are into!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-27-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
maybe but from my personal experience most of the wakeboarding crowd is their mid 20s and early thirties and i see boats like this all over the place. i find it hard to believe that THAT many people that young can pay cash for an 80,000 dollar + boat. I have seen some people ride where I ride with a green super air natique and every time they come out there is always an older grey headed man pulling the boat in a truck and tahoe full of kids following. daddies money im guessing.

if the mid twenty to mid thirty crowd really is paying cash for these rides then please let me know what you are doing cause i need to get into the business you are into!
In your original post you said "I don't understand how people can afford BU'S, MASTERCRAFTS,NAUTIQUES or any of those other brands, way pricey!"When i was in my early 30's i paid cash for my 1992 NAUTIQUE EXCEL,i also paid cash for my 2007 Tige 22ve.I also know many other people in their 30's who pay cash,but most of the people i know who own boats finance them.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-28-2011, 3:25 AM Reply   
VLX, 210, or an 08 X2 all have incredible wakes. I couldn't really compare the interiors of them due to lack of time spent in my friend's X2 or lack of upkeep by another friend on the 210. I'm on a VLX and love everything about it, the sounds system, ballast, power wedge (a must), perfect pass, interior, ease of upkeep (winterizing and oil changes)