Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-14-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
whats the word... I wish I could have rode. Next month Ill be there
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-14-2007, 11:33 PM Reply   
I know where a couple people place but was not able to stick around for the awards announcements. It certainly was good to see all the Canyon folks. Always a good time out at Smellsomore.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-15-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Congrats Heavy!! - Mens div. 1st place

Dubs really kicked up in the afternoon, kinda tough out there.
Old    kidrik            04-15-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see the pics!

Congrats Big Heavy.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Heavy... isnt this the tenth year in a row you have rode in mens division... hahah -- If your not taking home the gold then somethings wrong! haha XOXO
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-15-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
who won pro division???
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-15-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
1st place Open - Jesson Veddel
1st place Womens Open - Gretchen Hammarberg
1st place Jr. Open - Jacob Valdez
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
Yeah, Josh this will be the third. How many years have you been riding "I didn't show up cuz Steve is much cooler than me" division? hehehe, how the hell are you brother?
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
YAWN!! {{rubbing eyes}} Is it time to start wakeboarding again?...what!? we had a tournament? Guess it's time to come out of hibernation.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
^^^^ Only time he rides is when someone hold a comp in his backyard... (Still rides better than I ever will even if I rode every day for the rest of my life)
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-16-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
How many rider's in Jr. open and open? Damien you didnt ride?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
A whopping 2 in Jr Open!! That division is usually so stacked! Missing the AZ crew.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
Steve ~ Good job on the win!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-16-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Hey Don't forget that ole Tackleberry won the Old Man's (Veterans) class....not to be confused with the Sort of Old man's (Masters) class where i got 2nd...and overheard some heavy controversy on that one walking back from the dock....lol
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
Can't blame a guy for wanting to get good water now can we? Plus, Brandon was just excited to turn 30 and join the Masters crew. Much as I was excited to make fun of him for it!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2007, 1:08 AM Reply   
brandon (as in brandon poser?) rode in the masters division?

(Message edited by dakid on April 17, 2007)
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Don't get me wrong here. I was the exact same way when i turned 30...lol It just gives me a reason to go and try to get that Batwing down...but if i get another concussion i'm blaming Brandon for it

Oh yeah and we did get the only really good water for the day hahaha
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-17-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Randy, got pics to share??
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yep i was working on those last night...i'll post up a few in a bit.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by wakeripper on April 17, 2007)
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Is that a starting dock I see? Did CLWC bring that out or is it "permanent"?
Congrats to Brandon Poser, and it looks like Chuck placed too?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-17-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
That dock belongs to the CLWC and every event Henry and his crew bring it out and set it up.

Randy, thanks for posting those shots. Nice to see kids having fun too. Young and old got in on the human foosball.

Huge props to the sponsors that always come through for us including California Correct Craft Nautique Dealer (Title Sponsor) No Fear, Hyperlite, 74 Motorsports, and The Greenhouse Ride Shop.
Also big thanks going out to Rockin Tacos of Canyon Lake for always showing up to feed us and share in the good time.
Many don't know that hard work that goes into these events. It is 100% run by volunteers and motivation is our love of the sport. Huge thanks going out to the hard workers of the CLWC. (You know who you are) Without you, our great sponsors,and our family of riders we would not be having these events. Thank you sooo much!!!
In the next couple of months watch for more changes being made. More games for the groms and other surprises. Upload
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I know the CLWC works hard on their events and i'm sure its appreciated by all. Robyn- do you all have enough volunteers? Setting up that tower and hanging all those banners isnt fun :-(

That dock looked pretty cool- they need one semi-permanent down there-
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-17-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Great shots Randy! Look at the one of Damien, see the bubble trail in the wake? That guy pulls so hard, you try to drive straight but end up doing Z's all the way down the course. Always goes big.

Thanks for the shout too. I did cannonballs off the dock when everyone else rode, sent rollers down the whole course. Figured that was the only way to beat those old bastards... (J/K-LOL)

Got my "I ride like Murray" T-shirt on. I didn't know Shaun had those too...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-17-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
I heard the CLWC changed the rules on entrants in Masters. No one who has been in a wake video can ride in the Masters Division. Ha! jk tear it up poser! I'd do the same if I could.

Great pics and looks like a good time had by all. Sorry the conditions were not better for all divisions.

Randy I hope to make it out soon to witness the batwing in person. Congrats on 2nd place. Great pics, are you the antbug jr?

Tackleberry congrats on 1st place.

Poser rips, Jesson rips, as well as Jason Allison who placed 3rd in Mens after moving to the new division this year. This is going to be a great season at CLWC, especially with a great new President.
Old    alanp            04-17-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
heavy, do you ,mind sharing your winning run? how about the masters winning run? im just deciding if i have any chance if i make the trip up from yuma.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Alan
I rode in the Master's division the last 2 years @ Canyon, Castaic, and INT events. You never know what the competition will be like---I just use it as a way to set goals and push myself to improve. Glen Coy from AZ, Fred Escalera, Clay Friedman, Aaron from Canyon Lake and others could show up---they have several inverts, spins and raley based tricks. Then there are others with 180's and maybe a backroll. We all have fun, get along and have become friends. This past year turned the big 40---now a Vetran---same thing, tough competition, but still fun!
So come out, meet new friends, have fun!!!
Afterall, that's what this sport is all about!!
Isn't that why we started riding in the first place??

See everyone at the next event..........