Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-11-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
What is your favorite choice of a non-flex cable board and why? Thanks!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-11-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
I really like the Ronix Bill board for cable and boat. Super fun to ride. Very responsive, slides well and lands soft off kickers. WIth the the 3 stage and slightly soft layup, it is also fun on rails. By far the best board for boat and cable I have ridden.

This could be a controversy, but my overall favorite no flex board is the Ronix Phoenix Soft. Great cable board if you don't do a ton of tech air tricks. Awesome feel for rails, with the new softer layup you can really feel the rails under you. It also lands super smooth off kickers.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
The only controversial thing you're doing is calling the Phoenix S a non-flex board.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-12-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
The only controversial thing you're doing is calling the Phoenix S a non-flex board.
it's not, its a "stored energy board" quote ronix (blows raspberries) haha. whatever right?

no personal experience with many rail boards, but the new LF Tex is making headlines. give it a go. it is based on the witness shape which was hugely popular.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-12-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Haha I was going to throw stored energy in my post above, but I decided to leave it out. Its hard to say what boards are considered flex and what are not.

The LF Tex is awesome on the cable! Forgot to add that to my list. I personally only do a handful of air tricks, so I prefer to ride finless, but the tex is a great cable board! It does break free rather easily which I was very happy about. But overall a really good cable board
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Just Whip it man, Whip it good
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-13-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
all boards flex A LITTLE, just depends how much
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-13-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, thinking about the Whip. Also interested in the Tex but heard it was a bit tight. I've got a flex board now I ride finless but would love to try out a more traditional board (with some more grip) to do air tricks and such. I'm not good enough anyway to really press that hard so I don't think I will loose much going away from a flex board on the rails.

So options thus far:
SS Whip
LF Tex
Ronix Bill

Others?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-15-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Anybody ridden the Tex yet?
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-15-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
So many to try. Liquid force alone offers so many boards with the grind base. The ps3, the rogue, the witness, the tex, the watson hybrid, the peak, the shane hybrid, harley, might be forgetting some but there's a grind base for pretty much every model. Ronix with the viva, the bill, the one, anything with their atr? Or whatever syntered base they call it. Hyperlite, the process, the clash, not sure of any others from them. Jobe jusut started selling stuff too in the us. I'm probably missing a bunch but there's a lot to try out there
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-15-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Anybody ridden the Tex yet?
I rode it at the cable. It's pretty stiff and tracky. Not my kinda board. It would probably be nice for air tricks because it's got fairly big fins and it's a lot stickier than most cable boards, but it just felt awkward buttering around on the surface.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-15-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
ctrl rx.

amazing for air tricks, solid on the rails, and they feel perfect off of kickers too. best all around board in my opinion.