Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
Can anyone do air tricks on the flats behind a boat? I've only ridden behind a boat a few times, but have been riding cable for 6 years. I can do all sorts of air tricks on the cable and would like to try one behind a boat when I go out with my buddies on 4th of July, but not sure if my cable air tricks will cross over to boat that well.

I think they're cool because you don't see people do it much. I really like Mark Kenney's air trick at 3:20 in the below video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQ-UgRCTmc
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
yea in the 90's you used to see it a lot from the pros, Murray and Shapiro were particularly good at it. Dean Lavelle also. It pretty much fell off the radar tho and these days its very rare to see anyone doing it. Keep in mind the load is very different, you dont get that nice stretchy cable pull and the tension is much tighter. If you do it Id recommend slowing the boat down some, and throw it far out side the wake. Probably the easiest would be an air roll to revert I imagine. Give it a shot and film it!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-17-2010, 4:45 AM Reply   
have at it lol....i think thats a front mobe
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
As Mark stated they were very popular in the 90's due to scoring on the pro tour trick passes. You had 25 seconds to score as many points as possible and it was very easy for them to throw another trick or two in there run without wasting much time.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
Well I know they're not easy, but I still think they're cool...I'll give it a shot!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Your air tricks will translate to the wake. A friend of mine who rides the cable exclusively rode behind my boat and threw a raley on his first time out. The easiest air trick behind the boat is a roll to revert. I wouldn't count on throwing a raley in the flats.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-17-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
R2R in the flats are not to hard.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-17-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
its all about learning the edging motion
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-17-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Andy, please explain the edging motion for a goofy footed rider.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-17-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
Couple in the first pass, R2R and Bel Air I think.

Last edited by jtnz; 06-17-2010 at 9:51 PM. Reason: .
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
thats sick man.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-18-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
Jos, the air tricks Nick did are way more difficult than the ones I'm suggesting. I just want to load the line and pop a R2R. What Nick did requires much more skill