Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-28-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
Just wanted to thanks to the crew today for a great day, everyone rode in shorts which is always good at thanksgiving. The landscape is charred all over the lake

"the flying saucer" Todd Gabelle pro model made its first appearance in the VLX today. What a blast it is. We had a nice wake 800 lbs in the rear with about 4 people on one side. I got up my first try and tossed the handle, then struggled getting up.

Todd thanks for coming out.

Bill, sorry about the boat, my first towing experience went well. Lets see some pics especially that Sean crash, great riding Sean!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-28-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ok, well here's a couple to start and then I'll post more later...

Glen first time wakesurfing
Sean 360
Old    todd_g            11-28-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
What a great way to work off that big thanksgiving dinner....thanks for bringing the boat glen.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2003, 12:08 AM Reply   
what happen to that handle in the second pic? thats wierd but still a sick picture
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-29-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
Mike,

I think that black line you are seeing is the string attached to the zipper for his vest!

Kinda looks like the handle broke apart doesn't it!

Ryan
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
haha ok i see it now
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-29-2003, 10:15 PM Reply   
Definitely thanks Bill and Glen for the rides!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2003, 2:06 AM Reply   
a few more pics:

Sean d-up
another d-up pic
Todd on the phase5
Glen wakesurfing
Sean getting inverted
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-01-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sean, it's nice to see you coming back to the "Force" and getting away from that hyperlite stuff. Todd good to see you riding, but have you Wakeboarded yet? Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

(Message edited by wakeripper on December 01, 2003)
Old    wakeboard_iraq            12-01-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Looks like you guys had another great day. Great pics again.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-01-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Sean must be reaching the alcoholic stage. He's reaching for that beer again!

That red and white wakesurf board looks sweet. Is it custom?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-01-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
why yes it is blabel.

that is the "Flying Saucer" a custom wakesurfboard designed and shaped Todd Gabele.

blabel, will you be down for some winter riding this year? let me know if you are interested.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-01-2003, 8:52 PM Reply   
It looks very functional.

Glenn, I am always up for a pull just let me know.
Old    buttacup            12-01-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
Blabel-I was gonna say that too, looks like the poor man is going threw withdrawals there w/no CL in sight. Maybe he's looking for the secret hiding spot on the boat where all the extra cans are