Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
I'm installing a bunch of Ballast Puppy's, and the wiring diagram doesn't make any sense. I've searched google and the other forums, but there's nothing out there relating to this.

The diagram I have shows black and orange from the switch going to the motor, easy enough.
Then there's red and yellow. They show red going to fuses, yellow going to the battery. Why 2 power sources? There's no ground according to the diagram. If I did tie the black to the motor, and to ground, can the red and yellow be tied together?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
John,

Sent you an email, here is the diagram I used just incase you dont get it. If you have any questions please ask, I just went through the process on my VLX. To answer your question, yellow is the ground and I believe there are two hots (7,5 prongs) for the light on the switch. Definitely dont want red and yellow tied in together.
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 04-28-2011 at 3:53 PM.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
I believe that mine had pins 5 and 7 ground with 5 going to the ground block on my fuse terminal and 2 going to the power on my fuse terminal. 3 and 6 went to the pump (doesn't matter which is ground and which is power, it will just reverse the flow depending on how you wire these two).. But either my way or Travis' way should both work.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-01-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys, after Travis' email, and me looking a little closer at the instructions, I figured it out. They're directions suck! Not to mention when you google it, you find a totally different diagram with a statement about Jabsco's instructions being wrong for years......
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-02-2011, 12:09 AM Reply   
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I recognized your name on here jonyb and then checked out your profile and recognized the boat. I've seen you put your boat in a few times at the ramp at Bee Springs, and am usually sitting out on the point drooling over it haha. That's a sweet ride you've got for sure!

You probably don't know me but we also have a camper at Bee Springs, and I work at FDR with Lucas Keeling and Dustin Medley (they said they knew you?)... I've heard them mention you before and like I said, I've seen that boat several times. Lucas said you've had back surgery and didn't get to board much last season but if you get healed up we should go out and ride sometime. I'd be more than happy to throw in on gas. Right now I just ride behind my dad's Sea Ray 230 Bowrider. Not the ideal wakeboarding setup but better than nothing. Anyways, just thought I'd give you a shout.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-03-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey Brock, do you stay over on the point with one of the owners of FDR? I vaguely know him and know he stays over there. Bee Springs is in bad shape right now with the flood. Your point, and and my whole area are all under water. I stay on the other side facing the cove where Southern Comfort is.

Anytime on the wakeboarding or even surfing. I'm rebuilding the ballast on my boat this Spring so hopefully it'll work right this year. I'm always looking for extra riders or drivers. The back surgery went great, so I'm hoping to be back on a board full time this year. Hit me up and we'll get out this year.
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-03-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
Yea that's my dad that stays on the opposite point from you (two campers to the right of the be springs side if looking from the water i think) so we're there all the time in the summer. He owns the parts department at FDR. Actually this year the other two part owners got a spot over on your point so we'll have the whole FDR crew there this year... Your right about Bee Springs though. Me and dad went up there Saturday after work when the water was at 370' and had to drive through about a foot and a half of water to get back to our spot. We had already moved the camper out but just had to get some extra stuff. The lake is at 373 now so the whole point it probably under... It's unbelievable really.

I'll definitely give you a shout over the summer though. I'd love to get some pulls in behind a boat that is actually designed for wakeboarding, and like I said, I'm more than happy to throw in on gas. I just bought my first wakeboard about halfway through the summer last year so I'm not very good yet (can w2w heelside and do some surface spins but that's about it really) but I hope to improve quite a bit this summer. Never tried surfing but I've seen a few guys doing it back in the bays and it looks pretty fun too. I look forward to riding with ya some this summer! Other than Dustin from FDR, I don't really know anyone else up there that wakeboards.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-04-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
I know a few people that do and ride out with me some, but we mostly just park over at the Sands and hang out. That's about all I can do on a board too, probably do more surfing this year. I've got all the stuff to rebuild my ballast the way it should have been from the start so I'm hoping this year I can get through without any problems.
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-04-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
Sounds good man. I'll definitely give you a shout this summer. I've raced motocross all my life and that has always kinda been "my thing" and it still is, but I didn't realize how addicting wakeboarding was till I got my board last summer. I bought a wetsuit this year to extend the season a little bit and I think I'm about to start building a winch that I can use at the small lake behind my house. I'm pretty hooked on it. My girlfriend gives me crap about all the money I spend on it but no doubt it's worth it. If I could afford to I would have a wake boat, but that's a pretty tough expense on a college kid.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-04-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
John, glad you were able to get it worked out. How about some pictures? You are really going to like the JABSCOs compared to the aerator pumps. They will suck the bags down pancake thin, and never a problem priming.

What a huge upgrade for you, especially from the stock '07 system in the Supra's.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-04-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Probably won't have any pics Travis. I just had a table covered wtih parts: 11 ballast puppies, 4 Enzo sacs, 2 bow sacs, 4 brick sacs, 9 thru-hulls, 9 ball valves, 270' of 1" hose, and about 100 fittings to put it all together. My boat gets 3 of the pumps, 3 thru-hulls, and 3 valves, but not until the other 2 boats in front of it get done. A couple customers have Enzo 230's and they're adding a massive ballast system to each boat. Each one will have an integrated bow sac, 1 enzo sac in each side, and 2 external bricks. I'm using a Fly-High 3-way manifold valve to divert the flow from either the bow sac or the brick. The port side enzo sac will have 2 pumps to fill and dump alone!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-04-2011, 10:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Probably won't have any pics Travis. I just had a table covered wtih parts: 11 ballast puppies, 4 Enzo sacs, 2 bow sacs, 4 brick sacs, 9 thru-hulls, 9 ball valves, 270' of 1" hose, and about 100 fittings to put it all together. My boat gets 3 of the pumps, 3 thru-hulls, and 3 valves, but not until the other 2 boats in front of it get done. A couple customers have Enzo 230's and they're adding a massive ballast system to each boat. Each one will have an integrated bow sac, 1 enzo sac in each side, and 2 external bricks. I'm using a Fly-High 3-way manifold valve to divert the flow from either the bow sac or the brick. The port side enzo sac will have 2 pumps to fill and dump alone!
Wow, sounds like you have your work cut out for you.... when you do complete them, would be great to see some pic's. I just lake tested my system today and it works great, those pumps really do a great job of draining 99% of the water out of the bags. They also seem to fill quicker than I had thought.... so far, thumbs up for me on the Johnson pumps.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-05-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
I can't even use the ballast system from supra without something breaking or not working right. So after 4 years of owning the boat, I'll finally have a ballast system!