Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
I'm not a big fan of CT bindings since I nearly broke my toe in a friend's Shanes last year and now I'm looking at the Zeus'. Right now I'm sporting the 06's, and like them, but am exploring something new. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with the new Zeus' OT vs. CT and how they compare to my 06's?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'd say you should try them both on. The CT Zues' weren't a perfect fit for me so I ended up riding the Embers (gay...I know).

The large Zues were a little too big for me. The mediums fit perfect, but too short, my toes were pressed up against the CT. I really preferred the CT boot, but, that's the way it goes.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
I'm riding the 06's now and tried on both the 08' Zeus' and Answer's last weekend. My toes were touching on the XL's and my right foot started cramping after a couple minutes. They didn't have the OT boots to try on. I decided to keep my 06's and get some 07' factions to put on the Roam I bought. You should try on any binding before you buy. J-Rod, was that you I was talking to about Spring Ride when I was leaving NorCal MC?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-23-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
I bought another pair of 06 on BBB last week because the 2006 zeus are the best bindings I have ever tried.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
I wear around a size 10-10.5 and have new laces coming from C dub. I'm in nebraska and it's not possible to try them on so that's my loss, so i'm just looking for any information out there. The only shop in the state I know of that carrys CWB only has answers and is going to stick me with shipping charges if I order Zeus's so I might as well order them mself.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
The CWB rep told me the Answers will compare better with your 06' Zeus than the 08' Zeus will. You really should go try the Answers on.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
'The CWB rep told me the Answers will compare better with your 06' Zeus than the 08' Zeus will."

I would agree.

Keith, don't think it was me. Maybe Evan or Billy?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
I'll have to go in and give them a shot, Thanks!

If they compare more to my old zeus', are the new ones just that much stiffer or what?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
I just came from the 06 Zeus to Answers, and they're pretty similar in terms of how high the wrap comes up and flexibility. If you look at the 08 Zeus, theres a whole nother eyelet on the ankle lace.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-23-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
The footbeds are nicer in the new stuff and just a bit wider.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
Darin - I have been on the '08 CT Zeus's. They are pretty nice, hold well at the ankle, which is what I like. I am looking forward to trying the LTD OT. Call me old school, but thinking I will like the OT better.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
oh, ilove when cold water tickles me between my toes! thats why i always rock the OT.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Frew, If you remember I rode with you a few years ago right after christmas. I'm with you at the time being, although I like the warmth of the CT I'm partial to the OT.

I guess I'll just have to make my mind up, mostly between the LTD Answers and the OT Zeus' as the Answers would look sick on my 07 marius 140
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       04-23-2008, 11:56 PM Reply   
Excuse my ignorance, but is there an OT Answer? I'm just not a fan of CT, and its about time to upgrade my 06 zeus. I want something with a little more flex.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2008, 2:03 AM Reply   
Darin - Yeah, I remeber, that was fun. You are always welcome on our boat if you are in the neighborhood. BTW, I hear you are a member of the upsidedown club. Nice!

Yeah, I have been riding the CT Zeus's since last October, really like 'em. Will probably get a pair of LTD OT Zeus's in a couple of weeks.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-24-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yeah, now just gotta get it dialed and look towards the next one

I'm leaning towards the OT Zeus', I just can't stand to think I won't jack my toe against the front again.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Will, check out the new faction boot. You get the new style hinge and similar flex to the 06 Zues. More actually because the boot has a lower rise.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-24-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
I agree J-Rod, if you like ot boots check out the 08 Factions they are really nice, I think one of the best bindings in 08 for the money.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
I'm rocking the Embers, which is practially the same boot, but with fur.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
...and pink stitching...

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 24, 2008)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Wow, J-Rod, tell me there is a pair of Factions available in Norcal, somewhere , anywhere! Those boots look part caveman with the fur.

Will, no there is not an OT Answer. I don't know why anyone would want one, the CT is off the hook! When we were riding in February I loved the extra warmth. As for jamming toes, not even close. I have a size 8 foot and wear Small Answers, perfection.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-24-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
nice try jarrod, you've telling me for months that you wanted to copy my style and rock the fur.

hahahahah:-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
It's official, I'm rocking the Embers. They are mounted up.

I threw my feet into a pair and they felt great.

I like the fur. Is that gay? Dammit!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-24-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
"I like the fur. Is that gay? Dammit!"

Hahahahah
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-24-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
it's okay Jarrod, Scott has been trying to steal mine since I got them, but they are too small for him
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
apple bottom jeans [jeans]
boots with the fur [with the fur]
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha.... the Embers are ill. They should have put the fur on the Factions. LOL!!

I love my Zeus' but haven't been a fan of CT from the beginning. I think it's stupid for a wakeboard. I've never smashed my toes against the front, but the top of the binding does rub against my toe naile. I end up getting black and blue big toes (almost like I smashed them). The funning thing is that I can't feel it when it happens. I'm going to keep riding them because I like the comfort/support. If they don't break in mid-summer and loosen up I may go to the OT. FWIW... Billy and I are having the same issue.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-25-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
jrod - fur boots? whats next a fur seat for your RR? maybe a nice helmet with a fur mohawk? i doubt evan, billy & al are gonna let you fur out the tower on the BCIII....

btw saw the boat for the first time last nite at the house...GANGSTA....you guys gonna have it out again tonite puttin hours on it?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Sonny would rock 'em...
Upload
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-25-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
As far as fit, the OT and CT feel really similar to me, when I'm ridinh I don't really notice the difference.

The CT's are a snug, cozy fit and I haven't had a problem with my toes jamming at all.
The OT actually put more pressure on the top of my foot because of the overlay (CT's don't have an overlay). But oddly I actually like that pressure.

The biggest difference between the two I have found is that because the Closed Toes don't have overlay wraps they make up for the tightness in the upper portion of the binding, so it feels like they are stiffer on my shins versus around the ankle.

That being said, I am still alternating between CT and OT almost everytime I go out trying to figure out which I like better, but leaning towards OT, because I like to feel the water on my toes and CT's make me feel too much like I'm in a snowboard boot, and my poor little toes have spent WAY too much time closed up in snowboard boots.

Just my thoughts!:-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ahhhhh helll....Embers would be sick with my pimp outfit. Pick shirt and all.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
The ltd's would be unstoppable...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
JR... We'll be out Saturday morning. I don't think we have any plans to ride tonight. The break-in hours are on. She's ready for some slump-treatmenmt.

To the rubrails!!!!! Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
I think the best thing about the cane shot, is the old person rubber gripper. It's says, "I'm pimpin strong, but just in case my hip gives way, I've got this gripper to catch me". Get some sequins on them boots, unstoppable!!
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
That pic cracks me up everytime!! I was on the floor of the chase boat crying!!!

Big Heavy- you coming to Spring Ride?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
I was planning on coming up with Jared Couch & crew. Unfortunately, my little brother is turning 16 on Saturday the 3rd and I'd be a dick to miss that. I'm still working on it as my bro could care less, but we shall see.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-25-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
the rub rails are a test of an experienced driver...if you can drive with only rub rails showin your doin thangs..

if you guys decide to slum it come say whats up Sat.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       04-25-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Cheers guys, I've been thinking about the factions too! I'll give them a go.

Big Heavy - I have several reasons :-)

I live in QLD, Australia where cold toes only happen if I accidentally put my foot in a drink cooler, even in winter.

Closed toes carry too much water.

I really don't like the look! :-)(that's lame, but I feel like a clown in CT's even though I have a size 8 foot)
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-25-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure after all this, especially the explination of how the OT fits the foot differently than the CT due to pressure on the foot, I'm gonna try on some Answers, then order the OT Zeus'
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
The CT CWB's don't carry any more water than the OT. Where the boot hinges, the water runs through a gap, when you get out of deep water there is ZERO standing water on your heel or toes.

I can understand not liking the look or not having cold water, but your one reason that affects riding(aside from the mental aspect), is not accurate.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-25-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
im looking forward to trying the LTD OT Zeus'. Havent seen them yet, but been in my CT Zeus' all winter. my CT zeus' have a great fit, and the heel lock is money.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yes thats true with the CT Zeus Big Heavy, but not true with a lot of the CT boots on the market.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-25-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
My Slingshot bindings don't carry water! My old shane's did big time though! I smashed my toes a couple times on the shanes My slingshots fit so snug all the way around my foot. I think the next step for CWB will be to make shoe sizes such as 8,9,10, etc. Closed toe you want to be snug. It is when there is room in the binding that smashing toes occurs. I need to go up to Glass N Powder and check the CWB bindings out! Of course I am totally satisfied with my setup and have no plans on changing, I wouldn't mind seeing how they are. They look pretty dope!