Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-02-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have an 01 Outback and would really like to install PP on it. My budget is very limited and I need to know if anyone here uses the basic PP cruise. Would it be worthwhile to put on my boat?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-02-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
I know its 400 dollars more, but get wakeboard pro. It has a display, does speed and rpm control. Speed is ideal for wakeboarding I belive. I think the newiest PP has the ability to hold names for speed settings. If you have not, read up on the PP website.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
If you can swing it buy the WB Pro……I've run my boat in RPM mode and it holds speed decent until the rider starts pulling.........I think where your going to run into problems with the cruise is when you start adding alot of ballast. Call PP or email them.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-02-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
I had it on my boat and I never had a problem with it even while running 1500 pounds of ballast. It holds just the same as wakeboard pro. The differences was that it did not have the read out on the gauge, did not beep, and did not show air/water temp. Overall it worked perfectly just not as fancy as the wakeboard pro version.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-02-2005, 5:01 PM Reply   
This is for my 01 Outback. I only planned on keeping the boat for this summer and next season and then we plan to upgrade to a Centurion, BU, or SAN. I just wanted something to get by as my driver (wife) needs a little help holding speed.....:-) I just didn't want to spend the money on the pro and then go and sell the boat.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
I was looking at getting the cruise too. The saving seems good to me and I don't really need the display.
Any good sources to get it from?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-03-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
go with the pro now, then when you pick your new boat, get it without pp, and have your dealer move it over! nothing lost that way!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-04-2005, 1:31 AM Reply   
I have the cruise, it works great. No real need to spend the cash unless you like all the bells and whisles. Of course, isn't that why we own these cool boats?
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
MY boat came with cruise. It worked well for wakeboarding, but did not hold speed for surfing (think it will not hold speeds below 14 mph if I remember right)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
It works fine, in fact we usually like the RPM mode better, even on the pro version. It's just smoother speed corrections. Sometimes you'll have to bump the speed up or down a notch, but that's simple. The only time it's a problem is in a river where you get a lot of current/direction changes.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thanks Guys. I may try the cruise. I will make sure my next boat comes with the Pro.

Jeff
Old    chubs            05-05-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Have a look here:
http://wake.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5801

If you're handy, you could do it all yourself for $100 US, with an automotive cruise control kit in RPM mode likely.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-06-2005, 2:14 AM Reply   
I'm looking at using a kit from www.dakotadigital.com

I have an airmar paddle wheel sensor installed in my MC and will be using the sensor with the dakota kit.

In principle it should do every thing PP does just without the display.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-06-2005, 6:30 AM Reply   
That is interesting. Please post how it works out for you if you end up using it. That could be a good option for those on a budget.

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-06-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Chris. Could you post how to do that in here. You have to be registered to view it in that site.
Thanks
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Jay,

While that's a great idea I doubt it will react fast enough to hold the boat speed. I see the gain is user settable but I don't see an adjustment for reaction time. It may require a significant software hack to work. Let us know if you get it close.
Old    jrl            05-07-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
Just go with the pro, you will most likely get your money back out of it when you go to sell, its definitly not going to decrease the resale value