Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-26-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
cool new "Go Pro" Item
http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/

Now you can stop and start you go pro via a wireless remote and you can stream the video back to your smart device. FPV is getting easy'r and easy'r
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-26-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Damn...i have to buy another bacpac? So i cant use the lcd bacpac anymore?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-29-2011, 2:48 AM Reply   
Coming in Feb... Yes, you are correct, pick one LCD or Remote... Pretty tough choice as we usually have ours mounted right by the ballast boy seat, and they assume camera operator.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2011, 7:03 AM Reply   
I don't understand why they would not make these so you can just piggy back one option on top of the other. Not having the LCD screen would drive me crazy.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-31-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guma View Post
Coming in Feb... Yes, you are correct, pick one LCD or Remote... Pretty tough choice as we usually have ours mounted right by the ballast boy seat, and they assume camera operator.
Got a pic of a mount? I bought a gopro this year, after season, and want to get some ideas for mounting on my friends boat. (yes, when I go, I'm usually the ballast boy camera operator) I was kind of thinking that I'd use the suction cup on the side or rear for a close up view or maybe even fab up a rope/handle mount.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-31-2011, 8:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
Got a pic of a mount? I bought a gopro this year, after season, and want to get some ideas for mounting on my friends boat. (yes, when I go, I'm usually the ballast boy camera operator) I was kind of thinking that I'd use the suction cup on the side or rear for a close up view or maybe even fab up a rope/handle mount.
I use a suction cup mount that I got from wake9 last year. Not sure if they still sell it or not, but with their suction cup I have never, repeat never had it come loose. However, for that added piece of protection I do have some 550 cord from the suction cup mount to the handrail on the gunnel.

They could piggy back these options I am sure. But the back door of the case would have to keep getting bigger and bigger with each option being piggy backed.(for those that use the waterproof cases) A lot of people are opting to use the video out function and install a small video screen by the driver. I have a Tige with Tige touch. There is a video input on the Tige Touch that I have used to feed my video so I can see where to properly aim the camera.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-01-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Johnny. I was pretty impressed with the suction of the gopro mount, but I'll check out W9.

What is really cool about the WiFi pac is that it'll stream the video from the cam to a local laptop or phone IF it's attached to a Hero2. If a Hero, just remote control - of up to 50 cameras. WOW.

I've been outfitting my camera and received the LCD for Christmas. We use it mainly for helmet cams, but plan to place it on trees and stuff to catch our rides. The LCD did add some weight, but I really like that it is more intuitive for the information that is shown in the small front LCD when programming.