Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Thought this was kind of funny:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7761515.stm
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-02-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
That was some impressive KITE SURFING.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-03-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Saw it Monday morning on Fox News, pretty cool.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-03-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
ever since my first trip to venice I have thought a wake contest of some sort would be so sick there.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-03-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
Same Andy. When I was there a couple of years ago, every time I think of Venice, I think winching those canals would be awesome. Imageine ollieing a gondola. Would be hilarious.
Old     (coldlake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-03-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
nice find! when i was there, the canals had a bit of an odor to them, not sure i would be willing to jump right in. the reality is that those waters are not exactly crystal clear. winching across st. mark's square, for sure though!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-03-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Well that's why you don't fall A.

The smell is mostly a combination of waste and gasoline. But after riding in a competition where a sign was up for the river that said "Health Department testing has shown that the bacteria levels in the water may be harmful to health. Contact with water is not recommended," I'm down for riding in anything.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-03-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
"A"

I agree they (the Canals) do smell purdy Bad, but I have winched in some nasty azz water over the years, I would bet the water in Venice is cleaner that some of the drainage ditches I have shredded.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-03-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
I have been wanting to do that since winches hit the streets!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-03-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
And the city even erected rails for you to slide!! Those footpaths need to be sessioned! For those that have been to St. Marks, do you think he was weaving trying to avoid dead pigeons?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-03-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
Big,

Hahhahaha, I bet he was, I was so blown away by how many people let those nasty pigeons land on them! ICK!