Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-07-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
does any body out there know if there's a way i can get my rims dipped or painted or wutever process it may be so that they are black i wanna keep the stock wheels on my bmw 325i but i wanna make em black. thanks in advance! also it's red will the black wheels look good with the red car i'm still kinda debating?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-07-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
i think that "powdercoating" would be best process for that application.. find someone who does it in your area and get an estimate..
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
And get a warranty on the work. Too many times I have seen crappy powercoats that chip off way too easy.
Old     (flamike)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
They sell rim spray at autozone or your local equivalent. Its about 6 bucks and works great sand the rim down throw some black primer and pray away. Its heat tempered paint so it wont flake off when the rim gets hot. I used it when I had a track car and never chipped.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Get them powdercoated... probably cost you $400-600 to get blasted and coated properly..

Spray painted wheels will look like spray painted wheels
Powdercoated wheels (done properly) will look factory.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-08-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
stuey is right. You can get them bead blasted with plastic and then the powdercoat should last really well.
Old     (flamike)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yes powder coated would look alot better. Just figured I'd throw my $.02 in. Im ballin on a budget looked good enough to me.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
Scott - Wions Powder Coating in Sacramento did a great job on a set of wheels. I had a set of one lug wheels that I loved so much I used on two cars. The wheels were used in silver on my first Audi and black on the second one. Even after curbing one they were able to repair it.

Powercoated black

Upload

The "murdered out" of 2004

Upload

Same wheels on other car in 2002

Upload

Previous damage to wheel that was repaired and not noticeable

Upload

Wions Powercoating
3529 La Grande Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95823
(916) 422-1564