Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
I live on Long Island so all of the riding is done in saltwater. I'm planning on getting a pair of NVS addictions but now im stuck on what amp to get and the saltwater is my number one problem. marine amps seem out of the question since they can't pack enough power, anyone know of any really durable amps or any other recommendations? thanks a lot
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
I was told Memphis has a line of powerful marine amps by a reputable boat stereo shop.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
scratch the addictions....tyrants or entity's, most likely tyrants
Old    bocephus            04-01-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Here are the Memphis jobbies....

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=153

I'm looking too!
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-01-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Patrick,

Regarding your amp question, I know that Kenwood offers a solution product that meets NMMA (National Marine Manufacture Association) recommended standards. Kenwood, I believe, has a range of products with various power outputs, however, not every dealer has access to them as as it isn't offered from Kenwood directly. There is an exclusive distributor for marine in the States who sells the "certified" product to certain retailers. It's not advertised on their site but rather the product is tweaked at the national distributor level to conform to marine application.

Also, I believe that MB Quart is either already shipping or is going to ship new amps that meet NMMA recommended standards.

I know that this is bias because of who I represent, but I would recommend at taking a look at the www.wetsounds.com product because it was built with salt water and harsh marine environment in mind. With Injection Molding enclosures and stainless steele hardware, you won't experience negative reactions to salt and moisture.

Regardless of the direction you choose, speakers that is, I wish you the best on your hunt for a good amp. If I get wind of any new developments I will post them for everyone's knowledge.

Dale