Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-18-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Someone had asked me a while back about my bindings I forget who it was. Dan Noonan? Maybe...I don't know. Well I said I would post pics so here they are. They're my '01 Belmonts where I added '02 baseplates either from Parks', or Byerlys'. Could be either one. The transplant was very easy and gave my boots the cushy feeling back.

I also did it so I could have the claw. The pads on the bottoms of the old bindings had worn through and were tearing up my board.

boot1
boot2
boot3
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-18-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Nice! I also have combined parts from different years of Hyperlite bindings in order to customize them. You can find spent bindings for cheap sometimes on Ebay and just hack them for parts, or some of the better dealers will be able/willing to order the component parts that you need.
Old    martini            03-18-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
good work thane...but i think its time you picked up a pair of transits...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-18-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Someone explain to me why HL switched to the plastic loop hole/lace guides. The webbing works just as well, doesn't rip out as easy, and generaly look cooler.

Nice work Thane.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-19-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have you all beat, these are my "Ultra-Monts" I have really bad ankles and need the extra support!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-19-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
NICE! I was considering building a Parks/Ultra hybrid! Those are sweet. I wasn't going to use the Ultra overlays though. Just the foot bed and base, everything else would be the Parks.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
You have to be kidding J/K, those are crazy. Great job on those, mucho props.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-19-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
Mathew how did you do that? Did you just take the belmont over/arround the Ultras? These are awesome ideas way to be creative guys! I got a couple pairs of bindings that I can hack away at... maybe I can mess arround with my bindings this summer while I wait for my knee to heel
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-19-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
Thane, aint it time to add a Malibu sticker to that board???
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-19-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
All I did was put all the ultra overlays under the bottom plastic piece and then the belmonts are held down with the top rounded plastic pieces. A bit hard to tweakout grabs, but that beats tweaking my ankle!

p.s. My exo-30/60 are not as cool.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-19-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Steve - it's long overdue bro.

p.s. Your profile pic is siiiiiiiiiick.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-19-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
Ok Thane, what happened to the zip ties!?!?! LOL just kidding!

Cheers
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       03-23-2004, 11:36 PM Reply   
Hey Thane...how did you get the new baseplates? Did you buy them, or were they covered under warranty somehow?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-24-2004, 3:03 AM Reply   
I got them from Wakesports Unlimited. If you really wanted to do it I would just call Hyperlite and tell them what you want and what you're doing or I would have a shop order some for you. I think that would be your best bet. Let me know how it goes.
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-26-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
I love my belmonts so much, I turned a pair into slalom bindings for my KD.