Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-24-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   

its a little slow but This is a raw video. The highlights of this video sections can be found here:
3:28 - Initial interaction.
6:31 - Arrest.
7:59 – Final Interaction…

Last edited by aces6692; 06-24-2012 at 7:03 PM. Reason: bad vid
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Simple, the cop wanted the camera and he knew the only legal way he can take it into his possession is if it becomes part of an arrest.

They probably got a complaint that some of those guys were 'stunting'. The evidence is on the GoPro.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-25-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
Sadly the go pro pretty much shows the kid doing nothing wrong. If that was the kids leg or body the cop slammed the door on 2x I'd be having that cop for lunch. Looks like a settlement check imho
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
The more these camera get around the less likely our cops are going to be pulling this kind of crap.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
What ever happened with this? Is there a news report? I wanna see the pig burn
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-25-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
What ever happened with this? Is there a news report? I wanna see the pig burn
x2
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-25-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
"The cop was just a d bag the entire time and even knew the camera was on. Can you imagine how he would have been if not. I mean that guy completely snapped when he slammed the door. He obviously hit the kid because the door bounced back and he slammed it again.

The thing that is really freaking irritating is the other cop has this crap eating smile on his face the entire time like its some kind of game. This is why cops have a bad rep. Dallas cops doing their best"

Have you ever seen a cop NOT ACT THIS WAY??? I havent.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-25-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Have you ever seen a cop NOT ACT THIS WAY??? I havent.
Seriously, every interaction I've had with police, always goes down like this. Except yesterday, GW let me off with a warning, but told us we were done for the day.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-25-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
I had a cop pull me over in TN when I was up there riding the Deals Gap area with friends and once he saw i had a gopro facing the way it was, he just acknowledged it and went back to his car & left. I knew I didnt do anything illegal as he was saying.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-25-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Tax dollars hard @ work. Go fight some crime for a change po-po.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-25-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Well both of them could have handled it better too. The kid probably should have been alil less loud but honestly I saw nothing in the video to constitute him getting pulled when the cop rolled up on him. In fact most of the group was far ahead. The cop was just a d bag the entire time and even knew the camera was on. Can you imagine how he would have been if not. I mean that guy completely snapped when he slammed the door. He obviously hit the kid because the door bounced back and he slammed it again.

The thing that is really freaking irritating is the other cop has this crap eating smile on his face the entire time like its some kind of game. This is why cops have a bad rep. Dallas cops doing their best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7deWqSbgTMo

heres an article btw.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cop-...en-he-objects/
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Ftp
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-25-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have you ever seen a cop NOT ACT THIS WAY??? I havent
I've had some bad encounters and some good ones. I do always get that I'm better than you attitude which is just a joke.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
The only ones I've had problems with in AZ are the bike cops. Regular PD usually lets me off the hook, even the 3 times I got caught driving on a suspended. I just feed the ego.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
I've been pulled over several times on my bike in the last year. Speeding, front wheelie in the air, triple digit speeds, no license plate, headphones in, no proof of anything, ....

I was treated fairly and let off with a warning every time. The key is to act like a respectful grown up and a man, and not a punk ass like this kid, talking about your rights with an attitude.

I also believe that cops (CHPs especially) have a thing for Ducati bikes. :-)
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
The cop was certainly being a D-bag. The guy didn't deserve that treatment. But I will say, the biker's buddies on the dash-cam video link were also MAJOR d-bags. It's certainly not professional, and I am by no means defending the guy, but is anyone surprised the cop is frustrated & "edgy"?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Sheri...159941355.html
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-25-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Most of the time around here...its the squids who p*** off the cops and ruin it for the other guys.

Tends to also be the ones with the cute little mohawks glued to their helmets or the useless sleeveless armor they wear. Im not stereotyping
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-25-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Farva!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-25-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
J-Rod could not have said it better.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
What the heck did the other two cops run off at/for?

Both parties could have handled it better and to officer was obviously trumping up some charges to get the camera. If he wasn't then he would have said it straight out when he pulled him over.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-25-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
LEOs: Are they not supposed to be human?

It is a very difficult job and I would not want to have to constantly deal with the persons (term loosely used) they do.

It is very likely the kid was in the pack, but was trying to distance himself from the group. However, I do not understand how an arrest could be made by an obstructed, but legal and valid tag.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-25-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
If all that happened was what we saw in the video the officer was just being an idiot. The kid could have avoided the situation by just being cool but I understand how it is when you feel like you are being harassed by authority. True story here -

A few years ago I used to pay my Gardner to take my garbage once per month to the dump since he was going anyway I basically paid for his dump fees. He ended up moving and I found another guy that was referred to me and was told he needed the money. One day a police officer pulls up in my drive way, my driveway was about 75 feet long. I walk out and ask him if I could help him with something? He looks around and doesn't answer my question for about 20 seconds. He gets out of his car and walks over to where I keep my trash which was all in black bags. He asks me what I do with my trash? I said I have it taken to the dump every 4-5 weeks. He then looks me in the eye and says...IS THAT RIGHT? I look him in the eye and said YEAH THATS RIGHT!

He then says if thats the case why did we find your garbage next to the freeway? I thought to myself ohhh crap the new guy was an idiot and just screwed me. I told the officer that I hired a new guy to take the trash to the dump but he obviously must have thrown it some where else. Well I could tell the officer didn't believe me but since it was my trash I paid the 200.00 fine.

3 weeks go by without incident, one day the same cop comes driving back into my driveway. Again i walk out and I say is everything ok? He says nope, I said what up? He says we got a complaint from a neighbor your garbage was in plain site. I said my garbage is 75 feet off the road and there are trees blocking the view and it is all sealed in black garbage bags and looks fine. he then gives me another 200.00 ticket. I looked at him and told him he was a blankity blank blank and he just smiled at me. Needless to say, over the next few months I ended up being fined about $1000 for not having trash pick up service. Mind you I lived on nearly an acre and the trash was not visible from the street. It was tucked back into a carport that was not view able from the road. I wish I had pics still my house looked better than any of the houses on the block. I finally just ended up getting city services and making payments of 200 per month till the fines were paid off.

Let me tell you, i know there are good police officers out there, but the day I met that complete idiot I lost all respect for police officers. Now every time I see one my blood starts to boil. Although i am nice to them and completely compliant if i get stopped, part of me wants to tell them what I really think. Many people who get hired as police officers should have never been given that kind of authority.
Old    alanp            06-25-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
x3 for jrod
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
x3 for jrod
X4
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Flight isn't that a gross generalization? You know those wakeboarders they all...
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
........like to wakeboard
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
Damn Flight. Being abused by a cops authority is one thing, but when one is coming to your home to harass you, that just sounds infuriating. It sounds like you handled it well.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-26-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
Actually I handled it well until about the 3rd time. When I came home and saw him parked in my driveway and looking around in my back yard i went crazy on him and almost got arrested. His back up came and it was a female and i was going berserk calling them every name in the book which normally is not my nature at all but I had had it with the harassment.

A few other officers showed up and I calmed down cause my son was watching and he started crying. The next day I went down to the police station and then spoke with the district attorney, I went off on him to. I took photos of my house from every angle and showed them to him and asked why I had been singled out? The original crime was done by someone I hired but I guess once you are on their radar in a smaller town it's hard to shake loose.

I do have respect for authority but this was so over the top it really ruined my taste for the police. Like I said, if I am pulled over I am calm and comply, but if I feel they are abusing their position and they catch me on the wrong day, I could easily end up going to jail like this guy in the video.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
I got fired up just reading that! Yikes.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-03-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Maybe that guy could have acted in a better manner... However, police being authorities in our communities, should be held to a higher standard. That cop should be suspended w/o pay. That was bull crap.
Old     (600)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-06-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
It is unfortunate something as minor as this had to escalate into that situation. I'd like to believe for every bad cop there is a good one. Here is a video taken this past long weekend at a campsite where there was a complaint about campers playing music too loud. This is how we roll in Canada.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Don't they need a warrent to be searching your property?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
Just in case people don't know, that was Memorial Day weekend, and last year a major biker group shut down a major highway and started stunting, shutting the main highway down for hours. They also threatened to do it again this year, which is why police were on heightened scrutiny of groups of bikers. Not saying this was right, but why was he going so slow until the cop pulled him over, as well as did not merge for entering traffic? Starts to become a public/road safety issue when you have a large group of bikers that can't stay in one lane unless they should get over but they don't.....
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-06-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
The cop could have handled it better by not showing his anger.
Having said that, generally the guidline is
1. ask you
2. tell you
3. make you

This isn't a debate While he was in the car, someone who outranked him was telling him what to do .
When they get to tell you, its time to comply and argue it in court.