Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-26-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
Things are really starting to come together for the first annual Wakesports/WakeWorld Golf Classic. Darin Shapiro has just thrown his hat into the ring despite the fact that he's never golfed before! It's great to see the pros, like Darin, that are going out of their way for a good cause.

Check out the website at http://www.wakesports.com/golf/ for the latest updates and list of attending pros. You can also purchase your golf or dinner packages right online. In order to encourage early sign-ups, both player and sponsor packages are discounted if purchased by 7/4.

We believe this is a great opportunity for everybody in the wakeboarding industry to come together to do something fun and positive. I hope that each of you will do your best to make it out and help support the cause.

There will be at least one, but as many as three, television crews out to film at the tournament in addition to local news crews. We will also be giving away three brand new boats (MasterCraft, Malibu and Centurion) to whoever can manage to pull a hole-in-one on the appropriate holes!

We'd also like to solicit help from volunteers that live in and around the Irvine area. We'll need bodies to help out at the event as well as people who are willing to let the pros borrow their golf clubs for the day. They've already got enough equipment to haul out for the Irvine Pro Tour stop, so most will not be able to bring their clubs. Email me at gobig@wakeworld.com if you can help out.

Thanks to everyone for their support!!
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-26-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
Anyone have a spot open in there 3some? I think my buds are gonna flake and the tournament sounds like a great time. If you need another let me know! And Dave if I don't get in a group I can volunteer some of my time to help do whatever.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            06-27-2003, 1:56 AM Reply   
Dave-I got an extra set of right handed clubs that i could bring. I know there's 3 and 5 woods and 3-pw for sure, think theres a driver and one other wedge too.

Rob- Me and a buddy are still tryin to get a 3rd for the tournement before 7/4 so we can get the lower rate, if you're still lookin send me an email.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-27-2003, 2:04 AM Reply   
We'll take 'em and make sure the pro that uses them is nice to them! :-) I'm putting you on the list and will be in touch. Thanks a ton for helping out. I really appreciate it!