Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
I am trying to name my boat and wondering how you all came up with your names and if you know of any signicicants
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
What kind of boat? If it's a wakeboat, don't name it...
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Haha here we go with the superstition.
I.E.
"Don't name your boat if it isnt worth over 100k"

"Don't rename a boat"

"Don't name a boat under 30 feet"

And various others

I want to name my Supra Comp " The hunger for more" but there really isnt much room on the transom for it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Jon, never heard any of those. I just heard it's lame to name a wakeboat.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Why don't you get the boat first, post some pics of it, and then we'll help you name it.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
My personal opinion is... wakeboard boats don't need a name.
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
what about "bonecrusher" and "Eargasm" those are wake boats right.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
The bonecrusher is kind of a joke but i doubt it has the name on it.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
The Huntress, my boats name. Also my wifes madien name.
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
I was not literallyh going to put a name written on my boat just a name the boat is known by between us all and my friends. I met with them today and finalized the colors.
Old     (hmurray)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-01-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
We call our boat "Una" It's the name of the soap we always use to get into our bindings.
And "una" as : Our first boat
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Dood, may I respectfully say your boat is going to be so much cooler to you and to others if you set it up the way YOU want it, and that includes the name. A lot of people here would do anything to have money to set up an X-80 however they'd like, but setting it up according to the whims of an online forum would strip all the enjoyment from it. Plus, it comes off as being a little pathetic.

May I suggest that you take delivery of your boat, go ahead and do any cool little customizations that you want, give it a name (if you are into that), then post some pics and let us all drool over it and/or hate on you for it. I'm not trying to talk smack, just saying that this might better get you the result you are seeking.

Oh, we call my boat "The Panty Raider." My wife just loves it.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
One from hotboat that was always my favorite..

"Beaver Retriever"

We haven't put a name on my girls Spectra yet, but I'm rooting for "Bitch Slap"

I don't think it's gay to name your boat at all, but on the flipside I think it's very easy to name your boat something gay. ;)

My .02
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
i knew you couldn't stay away dave...now you've got another jones...
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-01-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
"Bonecrusher" is more of a nick name that came about from a bad situation that included my leg. But I say if you want to put a name on your boat, well then put a name on your boat.
Old    K.B.C.            06-01-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
I always liked "Trollin' for Skank". I think I'm saving that name for my mullet boat.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-01-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Let your kids name it. They will call it by name more than anyone else and if someone doesn't like it you always have an excuse.