Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-02-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Has anyone been to the Cab Wake School in the Dominican Republic or know of anyone that has? Looking into taking a trip down there but wanted to hear some opinions from people who have been before committing.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
If you are going to Cabarete just to wakeboard, it's not worth it. Go for the experience on the north shore of the island and add a trip on the Yasica River as just another experience. I've never been to the wake school, but used to live down there. I would assume it's more of a tourist attraction than actually being a "school". Nonetheless, I am sure it would be fun. Dominicans have a "No Problema" mentality.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-04-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Yo Andrew

Wait for a reply from someone who has been there.

The folks associated with the camp ride primarily in the London area. I was last there in 2000 and know some of the names on the site. They were great riders back then and I would assume the same even today.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-04-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
not been out myself, but i know the people who run the wakeboard camp, ther all sweet riders and great guys.

wakeboard on miles of glass water, with loads of sliders. 10 mins away from surf/kite beach.

the hotel that they hook you up with has free wireless internet throughtout the hotel

need i say more well>>> check this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUmrEfPVvU&search=wakeboard%20uk
Old    crash_vin            06-04-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
i wanna go there
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-05-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Cabwake has recently been taken over by some of the top UK wake riders. They've put alot of effort into developing it to be a super chilled spot. installing a bunch of sliders on the river etc.
They've got a sweet nautique setup and Adz and his crew have got some real good tips to get you riding.

As said, the place is really cool so its cool to chill out there, but i'm guessing the riding facilities are probably better than before they moved out there.