Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
I am trying to have an adjustable volume for my amp that I can just switch between where the deck is set and approximately a volume level of 10% of what the deck is set to. I have seen threads on the line level controllers to adjust the volume of the system. I am assuming that it is just a potentiometer and changing the resistance of the signal that is going to the amp. If this is the case, does anyone know the range of the resistance and/or approximately how much resistance would give a signal of 10% of the high volume setting? I am no stereo guru so feel free to enlighten me. My goal is to have a remote switch to just lower the volume with the flick of a switch when you pick up a rider, etc. Then flick the switch once you are under way and go back to the volume set on the head unit. I know a mute button is similar, but I don't want to completely mute the music, just turn it down. Thanks for the help.
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-29-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
We have 3000W system in our boat, have the regular volume controll but what is sweet is the bass , tower and speakers inside boat are all controlled seperatly

b
bb
bbb