Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
I was wondering what did you think about Ricky Gonzales comments on his former relationship with Hyperlite, and what he said about they only putting his name on boards to sell them.
Old    maverick_gear            01-08-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
!IM ALL VERCLEMPT TUALK AMONGST YASELVES!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-08-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has so many talented riders giving them input on boards. Although it is unfortunate that he and Paul had their differences, everything worked out for the best. Ricky is super happy working with Gator and has never been happier. Hyperlite makes awesome gear hands down. You can't make everyone happy all the time.
Old    bross            01-08-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I think Hyperlite would have been smarter to keep Ricky and let Chad Sharpe go. Ricky just adds more to that team. Chad Sharpe seems to always be playing catch up to the rest of the team. From what I know, Gatorboards is going to make a big run on the wakeboarding scene in the next year. I expect them to be in the top four wakeboard mfg. by the end of next year. Maybe even top Liquid Force or CWB. I could be wrong, but the rumors are still evidence that we can expect big things from Gator. Ricky made a smart move, Hyperlite didn't.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
do you think hyperlite allows their team members to truly design their gear or it is more the way Ricky says in the article?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-08-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I would have to say that some team members have more input than others.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
I think HL made the right decision. Ricky G couldn't place well in the competitions. Placing well seems to be Hyperlites sales strategy, and it seems to work. RG admits comps aren't his thing. Chad still placed better than Ricky.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-08-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Well, ricky may not be good in comps, but he excels when it comes to burning bridges...awwww yeahhhh.

Personally, I'd rather watch chad than ricky. But that's just personal. Chad is working and is getting coverage for himself and at the time, ricky wasn't doing so much. My rep said that ricky "wasn't pulling his weight" and I'd have to agree with him.

As for gator boards making a run, the rumor is that they haven't been able to pay their riders, so I suppose we'll see how things turn out. I wish gator the best of luck.
Old    gb_boards            01-08-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
the not so nake chef,
Don't post if you don't know what the hell you are taking about. Our riders get payed 15 day early every month, Checks go out like clock work. Never lated never missed!
Best Regards,
Brian Allred
GB Team/Sales Manager
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
Not to hijack the thread but Steve where did you get your sales information? The reason I ask, you said in your article, “Whatever it is, it works. Malibu out sold every other inboard boat manufacturer in 2003.” According to the January 2004 edition of Soundings (which is considered by the industry as the most reliable barometer of sales) the numbers are only updated to include the third quarter. In the third quarter MasterCraft outsold Malibu by 35 units (819 vs. 784), year-to-date Malibu is leading by 55 boats at the end of the third quarter (2234 vs. 2179). The 4th quarter will not be in for a couple of months to actually end the year…so where did your numbers come from? Historically this is when MasterCraft overtakes the industry for the lead. That may or may not happen, but I fail to see why you would need to make such a statement in your article…do you have some more reliable source?
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-08-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
God Brian your so Hostile!!!

How you been brother? How is the new job working out?

Hit me back, it has been a while.

Tim
Old    gb_boards            01-08-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Good Tim, Thanks! Hope all is well in Cali. Shoot me out anytime at the factory 239-261-1643.

OH yeah, The hostility came from my team! They were'nt very happy with that last post!
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Brian, why honor such a comment with a retort? Most of us here realize that the internet is a place where the truth is seldom seen and facts are rarer than Paris Hilton's panties!

Don't bother with the junk dude, unless you like to stir the pot...like me. Good luck to you, from what I have seen and know of Gator and Buster and their financial wherewithal you'll be just fine.

Oh by the way…I do agree that Ricky burning that bridge was stupid. This industry is way too small to make those comments and not expect to pay for them somehow, someway.
Old    tattoobling            01-08-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
So Steve, where are those facts? Paris' Panty Drawer?
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
After reading the interview, I'm not really impressed with Mr. Gonzales. I obviously don't know what the scene is like at Hyperlite, but I highly doubt it's close to what he says it is. I'd agree with the not so naked chef's comment about him not getting out there and promoting himself as the reason he was let go. I don't recall him being in videos or placing in comps, and as was said earlier that's one of the things Hyperlite looks for in it's riders. Look at his secion in All or Nothing - like 2 minutes long, and really not that impressive at all.

Another thing that bothered me was him saying his board is the best one out there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a knock off of Danny Harf's first model? If not, it looks a hell of a lot like it. Look at the bottom profile of the board - the exact same as the Premier (now Era). I think it's lame that Ricky's taking credit for something not only another rider created, but another company. I know people say his board is lighter and faster, so I'm sure there was some fine-tuning done, but come on - anyone can recognize his board for what it really is - a damn Premier...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-08-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Byerly doesn't compete at all and you don't see him in too many videos, seeming likes he's mostly wakeskating these days, and yet he's still with HL.
Old    tattoobling            01-08-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Have you noticed one major difference (at least) between Byerly and Ricky: Byerly sells boards.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
And always will be!

You gotta have respect for those that brought you here, and Hyperlite does...ask Murray.
Old    bross            01-08-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
In the end, hasn't everyone ripped off someones elses board and made improvments on it? I agree with Bill J. Byrely doesn't finish high in competitions, but his contribtution to wakeboarding is important. Let's face it. Gator Boards and their team are trying to be different from the rest of the teams and I like it. Most of these guys go back a long time and invented the boards, tricks, and lifestyle that wakeboarding represents today. Gator Board's team reminds me more of the classic wakeboarding days more than any other.
Old    stormrider            01-08-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
Hey, GB folk, I think you are overreacting a bit-- it's understandable but the chef only said that he'd heard or that there was a rumor that such and such. He didn't say it as fact.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-08-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
To Kaiser,

The Ricky G board is probably hands down the best selling board for Gator. It flies off the rack at ever store I have been into or worked at. Just as a point of fact.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
Oh don't get me wrong, I stand behind GB and wouldn't think twice about supporting them. But we're not talking about taking a couple ideas from a board and using them on yours. The Gonzales is virtually an exact replica of the Premier - shape, bottom profile - whatever.

I think what Zedz said is key - Byerly is the reason wakeboarding's where it's at today. He was one of the true inovators of the sport. That's reason enough for Hyperlite to keep him on their team. Now I ask myself, what has Ricky G really done for wakeboarding that sets him apart? Unfortunately I can't really think of anything - therefore, despite his sick style and handle between the legs blind landings, is a pretty mediocre rider (in the grande scheme of things)
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-08-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
I give GB credit for coming into this hostile environment and setting the record straight.
Comments like Maestro's "knock off" have got no merit and are just ridiculous.
Much love for you GB. Your company is on track.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
How were my comments ridiculous? Have you looked at a Gonzales and Premier side by side? Do that, and tell me they're not suspiciously similar.

I think the Gonzales boards sell so well because people who are anti Hyperlite now have a chance to ride the Premier shape (which is a great all around board) yet support a rider owned company at the same time.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-08-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Maestro, I'm not even gonna go there. Why?
Because you forgot who else was one of the reasons wakeboarding is where it is today - Eric Lutgert.
Show some respect.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
Thank you, but I know Gator and Byerly were the Godfathers of wakeboarding. I have nothing against Gator - as I said I support what he's doing and think it's great for the sport.

All I ask is that you explain why my opinion that the Gonzales is based primarily off the Premier is ridiculous. Seems to me you really have nothing to disprove that opinion, since all you've done is tell me to show respect, when I'm not showing any disrespect. You sound to me like you're just trying to kiss some @$$...
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
I was told at a shop from a salesperson the Gonzales was 10% different in shape to get around legal issues.And it was lighter and faster with more pop,That being said knowing it was alot cheaper then the hyperlite (at this store)I would go with the Gonzales.But I actually sold a premier and went with a LF team 139 so what do I know.....just my 2 cents
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-08-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
"Unfortunately I can't really think of anything - therefore, despite his sick style and handle between the legs blind landings, is a pretty mediocre rider (in the grande scheme of things)"

There are very few people in this industry that would call Ricky mediocre, including pro riders. I may not agree with the guys politics but he is still a DAMN good rider. I think when you can beat him in a competition then you can call him mediocre, but until then maybe cut the guy a little slack, I mean he did help put the word style in wakeboarding.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
I meant mediocre in terms of standing out from other riders. You hear Byerly, you hear Gator, you hear Murray, you hear Parks - those names stand out. I watched the vid of Ricky riding and he goes huge and has sick style - I'm not trying to dispute that. All I was saying is that Hyperlite keeps Byerly on the team because of the name - it's a huge one in wakeboarding. On the otherhand, Ricky G's name doesn't really represent anything in wakeboarding's past, so if he's not doing anything to really push his board and the company in the present, why keep him?
Old    stormrider            01-08-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
I do not see where there's a dispute. What I hear Maestro saying is this: if you line up all the pros from best to worst (and I'd love to be anywhere in that line) Ricky G would be in the middle or maybe nearer to the end. When he says "mediocre" I think he means a "mid-level" pro. From that he states the opinion that mid-level pros (unless they are willing to take off their clothes and have a picture of themselves taken with a handle sticking out of their derrier) are not likely (odds playing here) to move that much product. If that's what he's saying, it's hard to disagree. Ricky's a pro, no doubt, but a mid-level one it would seem and from a marketing standpoint that is a barrier to overcome. Gator's great for Gonzalez. His aura and personality fit much better with Gator, imho, than with Hyperlite.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-08-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
Brian if you're going to blow up at me, you'd better watch the message boards and do better damage control. That rumor is well over a month old and I've heard it more than once from different people. It's funny how I'm the only one that "pissed your team off"--do they only hang out on wakeworld.com? But I'm glad you stayed calm about it...

About byerly, he's worked HARD to get where he is today, and he's been promoting himself hard since 1993. Gonzalez isn't anywhere near that stage in his career. I also believe that byerly is more than a name because he's been pretty creative with his board designs--introducing 3 stage rocker lines, finless boards (although some may credit badass with that, whatever, they're both good), etc. Byerly is passionate and I truly believe that any team would pick him up if he left hype. He doesn't depend entirely on image; he's damn passionate about what he does and he's totally creative.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
In regards to Ricky saying his board is the best: It's his duty as a sponsored rider to promote his products. What did you expect him to say? "Yeah it's an okay board?" Cobe would probably tell us that his B-52 throws the best wake in the industry, but many of us know it's not true. Nevertheless, I do agree that it is pretty much a Premier.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-08-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
It's one thing to say the two boards look similair, it's another to suggest that the shape was stolen from another company.
I thought you were suggesting the latter Maestro.
Oh, and quite kissing Byerly's posterior.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
here are my 2 cents on this, since i started the thread... i dont know a thing a about the gonzales and the premier being alike, but i can tell you that after i read ricky talking about hyperlite, I expected better from him than saying that his board it the best one out there, it just didnt sound good to me.
What i see is that Hyperlite chooses riders that have a name, and that push the sport and not their own egos.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
I don't see how him saying his board is the best gives him an ego. That's part of his job. You would do the same if someone designed a board for you. Don't mistake ego for confidence. He did not say HE was the best.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-08-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
Wow, sorry guys, I was snow boarding this afternoon. As for my facts, I believe I read it in an article in Allience or WB but am not sure and you guys could be right. The article was changed.

Kaiser, I wish.....
Old    wakeboardputz            01-08-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
I have been told that the premier was originally designed by gator and that ricky g's board is the next evolution. That's the rumor.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-08-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
As far as being "mediocre", I have been in the boat for many of Ricky's sets back in his Canyon Lake days. Believe me, ANYTHING but "mediocre".

As far as setting himself apart from other riders, well, I believe he kinda explained it all in his interview. He may not have the highest profile on the radar screen, but he is as unique as any pro rider out there. That's how he is, ain't no one else in the industry like him.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on January 08, 2004)
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
I said nothing about him not being unique - read my posts people. I said his name is mediocre when compared to other riders (read the examples). Nothing against his skill - nothing against his style - just in the grand scheme of things his name doesn't bring about as much attention as say a Byerly, Gator, Murray...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-08-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
Your opinion
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
EXACTLY
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2004, 2:17 AM Reply   
Wakeboardputz, you might have a point there, it would explain why GB has had the Premier shape for a few years.
as far as Ricky's comment on "best board out there". Well if you designed a board that perfectly suited your riding, wouldn't you say the same thing.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-09-2004, 5:43 AM Reply   
i've been reading some of these posts and i have to say some of the comments are rediculous. for example i read alot of things like Ricky being a bad comp rider and not finishing good at events. first off competitions in my opinion don't mean crap about how good a rider is. some of the top riders today aren't even the best comp riders. look at Randall Harris, Shane Bonifay, Greg Necrason, and Keith Lyman. All these riders aren't the best in competitions and they still kill it. Ricky G is one of those riders and it shows on the video of him that wakeworld provided.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-09-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
I'd have to say I haven't seen Ricky throw anything that's up to today's standards of difficulty but because of his style, I've never passed up or fast forwarded any video parts of him riding. IMO, style goes a long way.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Steve, I have to tell you that (for what its worth) you just earned my repsect (and it is not easliy done!). Awesome job!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-09-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Not what I was looking for but ok. I'm just an enthusiastic rider / journalist / videographer. Hope you guys liked the article and video.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
I go to comps alot. There are some riders that just don't get judged that well. One of them is Ricky G. Same with Trevor Hanson and Froggy. Ricky G. can throw down with the best. I don't know what Blabelmooch means when he says "up to today's standards". The guy throws a Moby 5. Only harf and RG can do that. He has as many mobes as anyone in the business and can slide with the best.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-09-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
steven i know i read your article.. but i cant recall where, where is it so i can take a look at it again?
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
And while were passing out accolades lets not forget that Trevor and his dad brought us the Regal Session...where is the credit for that huh? You have to remember the people that brought us here, the true innovators...years from now our kids will be talking about the Session and how it changed the sport. Mad props dude mad props (hopefully history won’t judge him by his affiliation with that debacle)!

Froggy? Where exactly did he get shorted (pun intended)? Sure the kid rips but you have to keep it all together for the entire weekend…maturity, it will come. But to say he doesn’t get “judged well” isn’t exactly accurate.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Ah yeh...the Regal Session. Trever & his dad no longer have an affiliation with them. And ther have been times when Froggy should have placed higher in a comp (i.e. Malibu Open) just to have another pointless boarder place higher. Ricky G and Trever should have placed higher at the Nationals. Both had a great passes and were beaten out. I know I am not a judge, but other people felt the same.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-09-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Tconway, if you notice, I said I haven't SEEN him do those tricks recently. It's not to say that he can't. Are there vids where he is doing these tricks? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing to much in Outkast which is a pretty recent video.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Moby 5 at boardstock. On the wake 2 wake moves he does more than most pros. Ricky can do maybe 8 differant mobes. Watch the new video posted by Solo, it shows some of his stuff.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-09-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
I refuse to beleive that politics could have anything to do with where someone is placed in a competition. Not in our sqweaky clean sport.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
I agree with the pointless thing...the name pointless is about right. Pointless to hold a contest and not expect to see most of them get pushed through. How many times did Harf fall in prelims only to get pushed through for the overall? X-Games was a joke (fell twice), I was there and could not believe what I saw (Murray got SCREWED). But I digress...Trevor has a lot of baggage and Froggy needs time.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-09-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Well the last I checked, the only judge on the Pointless crew was Grubb. Wolfe, Patterson, McGuckin, Bisch, Hyatt, Wright and Grubby judged 90% of last years tour. So I don't think for a minute they are advancing the Pointless crew or "Pushing them through". Judging tournaments is difficult from a scoring perspective and has no relevance as to a riders true ability in my opinion.

In my opinion, Adkison got robbed at Worlds. He stuck a HS 7 and a TS 9 off the wake. Super sick....
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Andrew did get robbed (by the way you forgot the TS7)...Harf fell twice and still on the podium...take what you want from it, but IMHO pointless gets pushed through.
Old    maverick_gear            01-09-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
not to fuel the fire too much Maestro if you had any history in our industry you would know that Herbie designed the premier as a badass he innovated all molded fin design as well, hyperlite was goin to build badass for herbie and THEY STOLE THE SHAPE DESIGN WHILE IT WAS IN THERE FACTORY, i have seen the original Gator/Badass mold and it says 1999 right on it!!!! Herbie sold his shapes to gator FAIR AND SQUARE hype copied!! and as far as Butch shaping byerlys board that is a total crock because herbie had already shaped byerlys badass pro model and had it at Hype ready to be pressed when hyperlite hired byerly. there was no shaping to be done! GO FIND YOURSELF FIRE IT UP AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE VANDALL IS RIDING YOU will see its the 1999 BADASS PROTO THAT IS WHAT HYPERLITE COPIED. don't get me wrong i like hyperlite but GB DID NOT COPY them!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
So did hype have danny harf lie about why he "designed" the board the way he did? You know, he (danny) said that the board was a combination of many different shapes he had ridden in the past (du was one of them). By the way, this is a serious question.

It's weird that butch would put his name on a "stolen" shape.
Old    ryanvolcom            01-09-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
ricky did some pretty cool tricks in hahns video, i think he does get screwed over in contests, he had a sick full section in reflections, i think there was a moby 5, switch pete and a bunch of stuff, which by the way the video premier was awesome, i didnt get to watch the video the whole time cause we were busy at the bar but everything i saw look so good, especially keith, ricky and shanes parts. but as far as the topic ricky is definetly a people person all the riders were nice to us at the premier and he is defiently a bad ass rider to watch.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
When you make suptle changes, the design becomes yours. Now Ricky G has his own design. Thats life.
It's just like hamburgers. There all the same, but there also different. God....I am good!
Old    slapnuts            01-09-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
whichever "side" any of you are on, i haven't seen a post in here that has been this debated. all i got to say is Ricky G. got all you talking about him. and that is really the only thing his sponsors care about.you can say what you want but just the fact that you can debate this for a couple of days seems to me that Ricky G just might know how to market himself, GB and wakeboarding in general....each and every one of you will go to sleep with Ricky and his GB model on your mind......sleep well pumpkins.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-09-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Tconway... that one was really a good one...
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-09-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
hi luciano
Old    maverick_gear            01-09-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
the harf shape was a COPY with minor changes making the board not quite as good as the Badass/GB board that is why you hear alot of people saying they like the RG more than a premier, i take the byerly copy statement back, his hype ended up considerably different than the badass making it more of just a take off. herbie has never saught thunder or anything for his innovation and the whole molded fin revolution was started by him and the VANDALL! Herb and hyperlites opinion of molded fins in 99' was that they were just a gimmick and would never catch on and after badass's first good season low and behold hyperlite comes out with copies and take offs, in reallity it is all just hamburgers but i just hate it when people give RG crapp for riding "Dannys" board when it isn't even "Dannys" and the fact that Herbie and Vandall get no credit for there Innovations.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-09-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
That's funny Jason and right on the mark.....
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-10-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
If this is true then maybe some Gator people should read the message boards a bit more. I have heard half a dozen times that Gator doesn't pay their riders, and I have heard many times that Gator "stole" the Premier design. I'm not saying either rumor is true or false...just mentioning the things that have been making their rounds on the internet.
Old    ontrider            01-10-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
Jason, I may be thinking about Gator and Ricky G... but does that mean I'm going to go buy a Gator board??? uhh... no.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-10-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
Ontrider why wouldn't you, just interested in your responce?
Old    ontrider            01-10-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
Itch, I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a Gator board ever, I mean I'm just not going to buy one cause Ricky G said it's cool, or because I saw some cool Gator ads. I'll try out some boards, research them and whatever I like I'll get.
Old    maverick_gear            01-10-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
heres the thing. tell me who on wakeworld would know more about it than the GB MANAGER????? what does it matter about previous posts we just had the question put to rest. like i said go get fired up and there it is randall on the premier proto...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-11-2004, 2:36 AM Reply   
Maverick I'm not here to dispute the legitimacy of these rumors, the SOLE reason I posted was to INFORM the people over at Gator what things were being said about their company. I was informing them that certain (apparently untrue) rumors were making their rounds on and off the message boards and that they might want to keep an eye out for them so they can set the records straight. As hard as this might be to believe, not everyone will read this thread, so not everyone will know the truth. Does that make sense?
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-11-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
What's up Scott A
Happy New Year!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Hey Tom:

"Thats life.
It's just like hamburgers. There all the same, but there also different."

heheheheh

I have a feeling . . . . . . actually I know you're going to regret saying that!

hehehehe

Rich
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hows it going Rich? That was after a few cocktails and was all I could think to compare it to. Scarry, huh?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
It's all good!

Next time I see you I'll need a soundbite of that pearl, I'll take it from there!

You going to the Pleasanton show?

RD
Old    slideit            01-13-2004, 5:55 AM Reply   
Well I guess you can say they are all copying Hyperlite, they where the first to compression mold a wakeboard. Anyone keeping score?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-13-2004, 6:33 AM Reply   
dont you use a wakeboard when you do the iron? ...
I guess hyperlite copied housewifes...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-13-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
Tomas: Did hyperlite make the first compression molded wakeboard.....so they claim......
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-13-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
Weren't kneeboards compression molded?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-13-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Oh, the memories - thanks blabel.
HO was the first to compression mold a kneeboard and it was before wakeboards - if my memory serves me correctly.