Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-26-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
just had to rant about it to get it out there. But What is up with it, i try and help people out as much as possible, and im giving some good friends a ride home last night because they were drinking and the twenty minutes im there to pick them up, is apparently worth a thousand dollars because now i have to get my door repainted. I hate when things happen like this, its that high school mentality, and exactly why i tried to avoid those kids a few years ago when i was back in high school, wish i could buff this out. Anyone have any clue if insurance will do anything, i know its considered "minor" damage, but right now its not "minor" damage when its coming out of my wallet!!!!
Sorry for wasting your time with this rant, im just pissed!!!!
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-26-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
Kyle, I just saw your post on facebook about this. I am sorry this happened to you. It always seems that when you are doing something good for people, thats when you get screwed. You have been working, studying, and doing such good things in your life lately. This sucks. Just know that you were doing the right thing by being their DD.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-26-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
i think if you have full coverage it should be covered? a friend's car got keyed and got a whole new paint job, not just the scratches fixed. sucks you have to deal with it at all
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-26-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
anything is covered after your deductible. If it's a scratch, you're better off paying out of pocket to have it fixed. Sometimes it can be buffed out.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-26-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear this Kyle... This happened to me twice back in the day (I probably deserved it). The good news is it will be covered and the better news is depending on your coverage it may covered under a separate deductible. Under my coverage, vandalism was something separate and it ended up costing me $50-$100 to get my truck repainted.

I am sure someone on here that sells insurance can give more information.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-26-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Hate that. I got keyed badly once but the shop I went to in Berkeley did an amazing job - could not tell and it was $600. Did not involve insurance.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-27-2010, 5:49 AM Reply   
We went to my wife's 10 year with our 3 month old Toyota Sequoia to find it keyed headlight to tail light. Not just once but back and forth 3 times. Guess what we will be driving for her 20 year? Not one of our cars.

Pay the deductible and your insurance will repair it.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-27-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I got keyed a couple years ago in high school. I also have a hard time understanding the mentality it takes to want to do that...oh and if i had seen the kid doing it chances are I would have caused a lot more problems for myself. Luckily you can't really see it too well with my paint so I still have friends come up to me after a few years asking if I know that I have been keyed haha. Basically a very cowardly thing to do..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-27-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Man.... Don't ever mess with someones car. That, to me, is the lowest of the low. It's frickin' cowardly.

At my old house both my Tahoe and my (then) brand new F-250 got egged. To this day, the only scratch on my truck is the egg mark on the drivers door. Grrrr! I'm just glad I didn't catch the kids in the act. I'd probably beat somebody down over that.

That said.... Kyle, I've got some connections in the body work business. If it's just one door I might be able to get you a hook-up on really good body work. It wont be free, but for a couple hundo you could be over the whole thing. If it covers more than a coupld body panels, then it may be worth looking into insurance for. Depends on your deductible. E-mail me some details and I'll get you a phone number for my body guy.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-27-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Ha, ha.... I didn't even read Charlie's post. Looks like we have similar views.
Old     (thiney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-27-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Kyle that sucks I truly hate people that stoop that low. In highschool I drove a beater farm truck until the last month of my senior year when my parents helped me buy a very nice almost new truck. The first week I drove it to school guess someone got jealous and keyed it from headlight to taillight... long story short I got suspended for a week lol. So if your like me charlie you are right it is probable better that you were not able to find out who did it.