Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-27-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Anyone else ride the 06 Murray Torsion Handle yet? I broke mine in yesterday and was disappointed. We were all looking forward to trying it out as the grip/finger grooves felt awesome. However, we soon found out that the handle would roll over putting the finger grooves where your palm would go. Doesn't seem like the anti roll technology got built into this one.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-27-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I got the Proline Lg Hdl and love it. Best handle I have ever rode with by far. Check them out.
www.ridecwb.com
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-27-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
YES! Someone else broke something on your boat, instead of me!!! Woohoo!

-Blake
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-27-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to try it out yet though. What exactly broke on it?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-27-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Richard,if you reread the post....nothing broke,Tyler just broke his in,meaning he used it for the 1st time.

Blake is just being silly.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-27-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Well, don't I look like a dumb ass! Is it 5 o'clock yet? I'm starting to fall a sleep at my desk.

Fading fast....can't hang on much longer... must get in boat.....
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
I 2nd your opinion Tyler, at least that's my excuse for riding like crap yesterday! The grip also felt unusually small in diameter. I'm really looking forward to trying the new regiment handle. I wasn't to thrilled on the shape design of the regiment, but as soon as I felt the unique grip, I wanted to try it.

**Minor thread hijack alert:** Anyone had a chance to use the new Regiment? Thoughts?

-Steve

PS- Blake, you should know better than that, nothing breaks on Tyler's boat unless you're around.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I wanted to add that I thought the Murray handle worked really well, with the exception of the slight rolling of the grip. It was super light and easy to pass on spins, really stiff like a carbon, but easier on gelcoat. If the grip didn't roll as much as it did (it was really only a matter of +/- 10 degrees or so) I would probably consider this as my next handle purchase.

-Steve
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-27-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Thank God it wasn't any worse than what I've done!

-Blake
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-28-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Blake,

Nothing could be worse than what you've done but your still welcome out any day and twice on Sundays....What's running a boat aground and then trashing a prop compared to friendship???

-T