Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    crollg            04-11-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
My new boat. Band new, 04 Mastercraft 205V, with triple ballast, perfect pass, towable cover, depth finder, fiberglass platform, custom decals, pop up cleats, dual axle MC trailer, stereo with amp and sub (stock 04 Clarion stuff) and now has a 04 MC tower and Defcon III speakers with cheap Boss amp that probably needs to be replaced. Pretty much an X2 without the sticker and some details inside. $46,108 ot the door with the usual goodies thrown in. Thanks to Joe and Bob at Mid State Marine in Paso for making it happen for me.

Boat and truck

If this works I will post more pics.
Old    crollg            04-11-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
I am stoked on how the boat and truck match up in the last pic. Here is a better one of the boat. BTW have spent the last two weekends on the water. Gotta love CA weather.

close boat

And proof I was on the water.

water
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-11-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Congrats! nice looking rig.

Now you have to update your profile.

Any thoughts on a tower? It's strange to see a V-drive without a tower.
Old    crollg            04-11-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Tower is already on the boat. Pics are a week old. Tower was put on last Thursday. 04 MC standard tower with racks and Defcon III speakers. Will post pics with the tower tomorrow. I was running without the tower just to get my 10 hour break in done and return to dealer for service and tower installation. Seemed more like 30 hours.

Thanks George
Old    bobbymucic            04-11-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
The color combos are really nice.
At which lake were those pics taken?
Old    crollg            04-11-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Thanks, really did not want a super flashy/bright boat and love what I have.

Those pictures are from Lake San Antonio in Central CA. The water is really high right now and the lake is pretty clean. We went to Nacimento the day before and there was a ton of debris in the water. Lots of big logs and small stuff everywhere. Went to Lake Lopez yesterday, smaller lake but pretty clean. Gotta love the central CA life. Hope our weather gets to all of you in the cold areas soon.

George
Old    crollg            04-11-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Pic with tower.

tower
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-11-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
looks great George. what engine did you get?
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-11-2005, 10:04 PM Reply   
I love that color and the logo's... Great looking new boat.. congrats.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-11-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
sweet boat, love the colors.
Old    crollg            04-12-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Joe

It has the 310 hp 5.7 fuel injected motor. Would have preferred the MCX but it was a boat they already had at the dealer and the price was right. At this point I have no complaints about lack of power even with full ballast and 6 people in the boat. Might be an issue if I ever add significant extra ballast but no plans for that right now.

Thanks for the compliments.

On a different note. Is there any truth to what I was told about 04 vs. 05 MC boats. In short do the 04 MC boats have extra reinforcement built into the hull for mounting 04 towers in one place and 05 MC boats have similar reinforcement for mounting 05 towers in a different place. Just curious as I went with the 04 tower for this reason but I like the 05 tower better.

Thanks

George
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Every MasterCraft whether it gets a tower or not has a aluminum plate mounted and glassed into the upper deck. Yours being a 04 has plates for a 04 tower. The location of the tower has moved slightly in 2005. Mastercraft places these plates in the upper deck to add structural support to the tower and the deck. Much much less likely for stress cracks. Also the tower is prewired for the tower light. MC tower does not have the little extention light to get ropes caught on and tear off. Coast guard standards require the highest point of the boat to be lit with a anchor light (WHITE) Also the way your tower is mounted to the hull. a Very large stainless steel nut and bolt hold that tower in place...not just four stainless screws with and small washer and nut. That tower will not rattle.

You have a very unique package there. You will get many many seasons of memories with that boat. Enjoy and congrats!!!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
George,
A great website for you to review is

www.tmcowners.com

Old    crollg            04-12-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
TJK

Thanks for the info. Looks like I made the right choice on the 04 style tower. Thanks for the MC Team website. Will be trolling around there as well as here from now on.

George