Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    cajun            04-28-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Hey I'm planning on buying my first board. I've got it narrowed down to two and was hoping someone could help me make a decision. It's between the 2003 hyperlite Fluid 137 and the 2003 Liquid Force DLX 141. I found the DLX for about $10 cheaper than the Fluid but I like that the Fluid is a little shorter. I weigh about 180 lbs. Oh yeah and where do I begin with bindings? Thanks.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-28-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
DLX, slightly more advanced board so you will not have to buy another board about 4 months into your boarding career!!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-28-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Corey... if you can demo the different boards and bindings, that is the best way to go.

Otherwise, check out the different characteristics of each board at Wakeside.com. It will help show the pop, feel, and ability of each board.
As far as bindings go, the Liquid Force Transit and Alpha bindings are new to the market and have gotten great reviews. I would highly recommend either pair.

The board and binding guide found on the WakeWorld homepage is also very helpful.

(Message edited by d_o_double_g on April 28, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
The Fluid is Shaun Murray's Pro board from 5 years ago, it has pretty basic shape but rides great!!! I used to ride the shorter Juvi and loved it so much!!!! How much have you been quoted on each? I'd also look at the CWB Flame, it's last years Absolute and is a very good ride at a very good price.
Old    cajun            04-28-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
$159 for the DLX and $169 for the Fluid on ebay. Do you think I would notice the difference in length between the two. 141 isn't too long to be manueverable is it? I know the right way to do it would be to demo a board first but I doubt I'll ever get around to doing that since the closest shop is about an hour away.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2004, 10:45 PM Reply   
At approximately 2.5 cm's per inch you are looking at like and inch and three quarters. Not huge but definately noticeable if you've been riding awhle. I love a 134 & can't stand a 138. We all have our preferences.