Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (thebigz)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-16-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
Jay,

Yeah that was me...you launched right after me correct? Didn't you have a slip on the lake last year? Hoping to get out again this evening!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
yeah i lived on the lake in the apts, but didn't have a slip...i didn't want it floating in the water all the time (good thing too, my roommates boat got broken into 3 times). i decided apartment life wasn't for me so i'm in a house now.

yes i did launch right after you. sharp lookin boat you have!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Brian, thanks for the offer man, sorry im responding so late! I got a call from Don earlier in the day and he hooked me up with a sweet day of riding! If possible, ill take you up on the offer of your Bu sometime man, that thing is ROCKIN! You are more than welcome to come out on my boat any time too my man! Again, thanks for the offer!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-16-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Tonight ended up being quite epic :-) The rain cam and chaced away the wind and all was glass for 2 great runs. Was pretty kick ass tonight, that was fro sure, I hated leaving the lake tonight.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-16-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
So, sounds like everyone has been getting out and having a ton of fun lately! I have a pretty busy week next week but if you hit me at the right time I would totally be down for a pull. I don't have much to offer other than some gas money and some photos of the day but I just realized I have only ridden TWICE this season! And its almost JUNE! Text or Email is the best way to get ahold of me.

RyanT12@mac.com
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Guys, I'm an awful wakeboarder, but have tons of fun trying. I live on Owasso with a boat, so if anyone needs a pull or a third, hit me up. I have seen you out on the water and sure could use some tips!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-17-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
I went to the dare to compare today.

LAME!!!!!!!

Malibu, mastercraft and centurion, thats it, not too many boats from each camp either. I went like 3 years ago and there was nautique, supra, moomba and a ton of boats. It is getting weak. I am very dissapointed I made the 50minute trek there for nearly nothing. I found out that I dont like centurions, but my wife absolutely loved (and I had a little love for it myself) the VTX.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Don, told ya the VTX is Sawwweeeet!!! Score one of them...then give me a ring and ill help you launch that beauty, then maybe get a pull or two ha!

I went out today and it was windy but still had some fun in the water with a couple friends, listened to some music, waited on the rain and then it got nicer out, im just gettin in from the lake...anyone jelous?! Next time give me a call!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Don, I heard you tried the new 210. What did you think? I want to get behind one of those bad
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-17-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
I tried a 05 210, which arent the same but I did like the 05s wake quite a bit. Surfing was a bit of a chore but managable. I would buy one, but one older and that has lost most of its value before spending what they get for one of those now. It wasnt 70K worth to me.
Old    whirlymann            05-18-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I came across 8 tickets to the Pro Tour event up here and I won't be around, so if you want a couple, shoot me your address and I'll send them out to you. I know they aren't expensive to begin with, but hey, can't beat free!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I'll take 3 Brian!!! Thanks man!!! 7300 Woodstock Curve, Bloomington MN 55438
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
I'd really like 2 Brian. I'll PM you the address. Thanks!
Old    whirlymann            05-18-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Anthony and Erik, I will try to shoot them out tomorrow morning. I gave a few to Madson, I think I have two left if anyone wants them.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
SWEET!!! Thank you so much! Where do you normally ride?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-19-2008, 4:50 AM Reply   
Daren - which boat is yours on Owasso? I was on Owasso all day saturday in the black and white XStar (getting WORKED trying to trying to land a Krypt). next time you see me out there just come down on the dock with your board and flag me down.
Old     (thebigz)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-19-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
Jay,
My parents have a slip out on Medicine..so I'm sure I'll see you around. Usually hit the lake 2-3 days a week. The north arm, almost always has great water!
Old    whirlymann            05-19-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
We bounce around the cities; A few weeks ago we went out on Christmas, Friday we were on Medicine, we visit Tonka now and then, although that's typically not for the riding.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-19-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for the Pulls JAY!
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-19-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Jay,

I just took delivery on a blue/black VTX. You have probably seen me tooling around learning to drive an inboard (my first). I'm convinced that I will need a new boatlift after this season with all of my failed attempts to dock it! Will definitely look for you next time you're out. Also, if you just wanna go boarding but don't have time to launch your boat...hit me up anytime! I go out at least once a day to practice if I can find a driver.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
Anybody going riding tomorrow? (Tuesday?)
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 4:35 AM Reply   
Should be out on Owasso most of Tuesday afternoon if anyone is looking for a pull. wicku001@gmail.com
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
Okay, I'm posting this as I am watching a white and black mastercraft pulling some SICK maneuvers on Owasso. Just need to know who this is...WAY, way out of my league, but me and my buds sure had a blast watching you guys!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-20-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Yea that's us!!! All the guys from the Midwest mastercraft proshop went out for a little rip. Flag is down next time!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-20-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Ps we are still going so show your face!
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Got down to the water a bit too late. I have the gray canopy covering a blue VTX. Anyways, great show guys...see you next time you are out!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
Brian,

I just got the PWT tickets in the mail! Thanks a TON! If you are ever down in my neck of the woods and need a pull give me a call.

612-702-6239 Tony
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-21-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Don,

Nice to meet you and Mike tonght. FInally getting to put faces to these posts. Anyway, I'm hoping for Friday after work to get in a few sets with you and Mike. Anyone else is welcome as well. I really need to put my boat through a good workout before its checkup!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-21-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Likewise my friend :-) Always nice to meet more out in the real world. I see wake boats, and I typically drive up to them. Just how I roll, I like meeting people. You have a really nice boat and am more than happy to help you out with riding or driving anytime. I will send you my number and email so we can hook up when we go. You are really excited to be out on the water and that is awesome, I love hanging out with people like that, I always have the most fun with people like that. I know we will be riding together this year, I almost always ride owasso with Mike so feel free anytime you see us out there, feel free to call my cell phone, it is always on in the boat. You are welcom on my rig anytime :-) You and a select few others I have met on wakeworld, they know who they are ;)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
Daren, Don..im headin out to "a" lake on Friday, let me know your plans and perhaps we can meet up on Owasso or whatevs. I'm for sure gonna have 2 riders with me thus far. I was out today, it was chilly but totally worth it, the wake was priceless...Don, you still have to give it a shot my man!

Let me know...Later
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-21-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
430, owasso, friday, I will destroy said wake of yours :uhoh:
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
Don I'll hit you up when i know whats goin down fo sho!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys, have a great weekend. I'm headed to Atlanta for the Masters and then a kneeboard fly-in and video shoot. I'll be back on Tuesday and will always be willing to provide gas money:-)
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-22-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Good luck Chad :-) Have fun dude :-)
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-22-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Taking my first wakeboard boat out tomorrow for the first time ever! I bought her in Nov and had to throw it right into storage. SO I AM PUMPED!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Anthony, that is awesome! What lake you thinkin of hittin up tomorrow? Maybe we can run into each other...purposely...

Don Don Don my man...Owasso? I might not make it to Owasso unless you guarantee that my trek to that lake tomorrow, since it'll be nice, and Friday...will be worth it, in the sense that it wont be crazy busy out there..Winds ESE 14mph..is that good winds there? let me know my man
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-22-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
eek, not really. The east wind is the worst out there :-( I didnt see the wind forcast out there, that sux. It will be decently busy for a decent day and the start of a holiday weekend, kinda to be expected. I had planned on going but forgot about the busy weekend though. It will be busy Im sure, but I will be out until late so we will get some good water I would think at some point.
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2008, 4:56 AM Reply   
I'm in for whatever lake you guys choose. I work until about 5, so I'll be ready around 5:30-6:00, if the invite is still open.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-23-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Bald Eagle will be banging today with this south east wind. But dont go there.

Kidding, stop by say hi if anybody rolls out there.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-23-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
I am planning on going to owasso still. Me and Mike always go there. Just how i roll. I hope for it to be decent but I will be there for sure.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Andy, I dunno if im gonna hit bald eagle, but there's a possibility.

Don, Daren - I MIGHT see you guys at Owasso..i havent decided yet, whatever i do, i wont be able to hit the water till 4:30ish anyhow...oh how i hate work!
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
Eder, hope to see you out on Owasso as well. Would love to see you pull some inverts like on your pic. I have this VTX that I think is laughing at me, just WAITING to pull some decent boarders!

Don, Mike, should be on the water hopefully before 6:00
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Daren, im still undecided if im gonna go to Owasso or not, but if i do, I have a black and White Malibu "wakesetter" (sunsetter with old wakesetter decals). I have a black tower and chrome tower speakers and racks...i'd be insulted if you dont flag me down my man!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Ok, so i WONT be making it out to Owasso today, i might not even be able to make it on the lake!!! :-(, oh well...i know you guys are disappointed you wont get to see me tonight! Anyhow, lets plan a day, at least one, for next week to ride together somewhere, ill leave the options open....Later
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
Finally baptized the boat with a few inverts when Don and Mike came over today. Had a blast, guys! Anytime you need a third for boarding, just drop me a line. And Eder, too bad you weren't there to defend yourself from the stories I heard!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Haha, and what are those stories that you heard Daren...you can PM me if you want...hahaha JK! And who told them! Lets get out next week my man, sorry i didnt make it to owasso..i kept it 'local' today since my friends and i had work and such and we sorta got lazy to drive to owasso, since i have the lake a couple miles from home here. Hopefully i can get a pull behind your VTX sometime man, that would be a blast. Let me know when you're hittin the water next, besides this weekend, i will be busy unfortunately!!! Looking forward to meeting you brother!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-23-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Thanks again for having us Daren, We had a great time too :-) Of course the story of the day is Mr Modesty not saying how we got you all dialed in and Daren cleard the wake a few times. Way to go again, awesome to see. That made my day right there, always awesome to see guys progress. That is a huge milestone for wakeboarding, congrats again. You are doing a lot of things right, keep it up my man :-)

Eder, we got next week dude, and plenty of it. Just as long as it isnt monday, it was busy tonight, Id hate to see how it is gonna be monday. Lets do it up next week for sure :-)
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
We should have a day next week to ride. I am going home to ride all weekend but I haven't ridden with any MPLS peeps yet this year. Maybe Wednesday? Let me know if anyone is down.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-24-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
wednesday sounds good to me.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I'll plan on Wednesday, and plan on meeting up with you guys...I dont mind Owasso, but maybe we can try somewhere else just for fun, if not, its whatevs...

Don, ill call you prior to Wed, i might bring my boat out, if i dont, and you bring yours, maybe i can hop in yours for the day, nothing is set on stone yet!

Daren - maybe i can put a face to your name next week, and you can fill me in on these stories that Don most likely told...its probs something to do with me hating cold water and doing dock starts
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-24-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
No it was actually the story of borrowing your drysuit and than preceding to say, "you didnt tell me I cant pee in these things" and then take off boarding lol
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
Don - Ha, yes, that is a good one as well..I drysuited it a couple of days ago actually, im a pansy what can i say. Just as Mr. Brine put if for me "If the drysuit wont let water in, it also wont let water out".

Ill catch you sometime next week brother...lets get a surf sesh rollin to my man!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
WHAT THE F is up with this weather ARGGGGGGGGGGGG I am HATING this summer! Rode behind the 87SunSport for the first time. No weight only driver and no passengers, wake was unimpressive. Sigh. Same as previous I/O. Needs weight. Oh we had the boat in...about a half hour before the tornado sirens went off. Just BARELY got her out of the water before the storm broke. By SECONDS.

Oh and the whole damn boat got soaked trailering it home in the rain. DAMN THIS CRAP! What a WASTE of my holiday. I'm sure it will be 80 all week at work tho. SO MAD

Boat drove and tracked incredible during high wind and large waves. Dead calm 10 minutes prior. GRRRR
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-26-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Bummer to hear Mike :-( I couldnt get my vehicles in the garage in enough time. My wife had the truck and I could only pick one and I figured the truck would fair better. I think I was right. about 6 or 8 monor dings. Not bad for quarter size hail that was hitting it. I wish I would have found someone to drive it home for me :-( Oh well. I know a pdr guy who owes me a few. This week looks a little chilly but promising.
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Still trying to lock this week's schedule in for Wednesday. Unfortunately I won't know until Wednesday if I can make it out to bother you guys.

By the way, I have been practicing heelside wake jumps, and my bindings are tearing up my ankles! I really do think they are way too loose. Any suggestions on some decent beginner bindings?
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
What do you have now? What size are your feet?
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Ride a liquid force substance 142, with cheap entry bindings size L/XL. My Nikes are size 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe. I think Don determined that my current bindings are indeed a bit big for me, but more importantly, they really have no support.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
I had the Liquid Force Alphas a little while back. They were pretty nice. Real light and a good price. I ended up going to the Sphinx's after that and unfortunately haven't upgraded my boots yet. But if your not looking to spend a ton that would be a good route to go.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Daren your best bet is to try on some bindings to see what fits you the best. There are some really good bindings out there right now but you need to make sure they fit you.

As far as suggestions, I just picked up a pair of the LF Vantage boots. I've only got one day of riding on these boots but so far I love them so I'd suggest trying a pair of those ones on.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Corey, you like em? From what I heard they are pretty nice. I am pretty damn sick of my laces especially since I have to sinch mine up so tight. (I have SUPER narrow feet)
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
Vantage! That's what I need, at least I don't have to fumble with laces after my fingers are frozen from this cold, COLD water!

Probably will go and try some on for size, thanks.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Love em so far, I have fairly narrow feet as well but they held pretty nice. These were my first set of new bindings in about 5 years and I must admit they blow the old school Byerly's out of the water.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-27-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Poopy Minnesota Cold Azz weather!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-27-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
So I took my new baby out for the first time ever on friday and it was AMAZING! We went to Christmas Lake. Its gonna take me awhile to get the wake dialed in right. We were riding at 23mph with the wakeplate half way down, 1200lbs of ballast and 65ft of line. Anyone have any tips for a nice wake with a 20ftSSV? I have another 1300lbs of external ballast that i havent tried yet but I would like to get the wake with the stock ballast perfect before adding more. Should my wakeplate be up higher/lower? Any help would be GREAT!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Add the extra 1300lbs!!!!!!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
i concur...add the extra weight!
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
are people still riding on Wednesday? Where?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Wondering the same Erik, let us know people!

Old     (mads0113)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
What's up guys. How many of you guys ride over in the west metro (Medicine, Christmas, Minnetonka) Most of the regulars in my boat moved away or are working odd hours. I am always looking for people to ride with during the week or whenever. I am not that great, but am always pumped to ride.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Bryan, I can make it to whatever lake you ever wanna hit my man...just need a little bit of anticipation, that's all! Im literally ALWAYS looking to ride! Hit me up whenever and we'll ride, come out with us sometime, Don, Erik, Chad and Mike Sinko can all vouch for the good times we've had on the lake thus far my man! Email me, i have a BB, ill get it on the go, or call or text at

651 334 0097. Whenever you're looking to get out, ill be most likely be looking to ride, you're boat or mine!

P.S - im an OK rider and i ride with a couple of regulars, one who is very, very good and if you have room sometime he can teach you a couple of things here and there as well! You are more than welcome to come out with us too whenever man!

(Message edited by spicychalupa69 on May 27, 2008)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
Bryan - I ride in the west metro alllll the time (5-6 days a week usually...weather permitting of course). I live in Plymouth and primarily ride on Medicine & Fish...depending on the wind.

Anyway, it's usually just me and my gf in my slammed XStar (just picked up some more plug caps for my other fat sac today, so we'll be pushing close to 4500 lbs in ballast...chica chica yea).

Send me an email if you wanna join us some time.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-27-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Bryan, I was on Christmas last friday. Im going out on Riley thursday. None of us are very good either. What kind of boat are you rockin? I just picked up a 06 Supra 20ftSSV. Call me if you are ever going out on Christmas or Medicine and I can meet you there after work or you can always come ride with us...YOU TOO EDER!

Tony 612-702-6239
Old     (mads0113)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for the responses guys! I was hoping to get out tomorrow on Christmas if anyone is interested.

Tony - I have an 07 vlx I just picked up at the end of last year (profile pic) I moved into a new house not too long ago and I have been working on that but am mostly done. I am ready to get some use out of the BU.

(612) 203-0791
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-28-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
Anthony Slam that thing out man! Add all the wieght she can handle!
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-28-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Shot in the dark, but who's got time for some runs this afternoon? My work schedule went to hell this afternoon, so I'm going out on Owasso with my VTX if anyone has time.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-28-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Jay - just shot you an email
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
Gonna make room for the extra ballast tonight! Gotta clean out those lockers!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-28-2008, 10:36 PM Reply   
Anybody see this guy out on Owasso tonight? This photo doesn't even do it justice. His boat was completely sideways on his trailer. I don't even know how it happened. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Upload
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-29-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ryan when were you out there? Was that you in the supra or the MC X1? I was out there in the purple sport nautique. If you were in the supra, I appologise. I didnt lie when I said I am bad with names and faces lol
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-29-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
I was the one driving the Supra. It isn't mine but my buddy Ryan as well. I was asking how you liked the '05 SAN because that is typically what I ride behind. Hope you guys got some good pulls! It was a tad choppy for my tastes but regardless. Just being on the water is enough.

Did you pick up Daren or who was with you? I am trying to put faces with names. Who was on the X-1?