Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-02-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
Who all is going? i got a press pass so im pretty excited
Old    walt            11-02-2007, 4:58 AM Reply   
I'll be there.
Old    walt            11-02-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
I heard a rumor that the wakeboarding has been canceled.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
Walt, When did you hear this? As of yesterday it was still on.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
i'm thinkin about goin tomorrow...i'm really tryin to see that Talib Kweli/Mos Def concert...
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-02-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Walt is correct, the wakeboarding has been canceled.
It will be going on next year though.
Old    mendo247            11-02-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
WOW! Talib Kweli and Mos Def will be a great show!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-02-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thats correct... Wakeboarding has been canceled. I am heading there right now.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-02-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
is it offical i just checked thier website and it shows it at 3pm. i would hate to miss it!
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       11-02-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
went last year and it seems like there were some issues riding in the cove. SFPD pulled up in the middle of the wake demo and it looked like they kicked the Xstars out. i think they said..."This cove belongs to Barry's BALLS only!!"
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       11-02-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
oh, the wake is still on?.....anyway, i hope they made changes to the big air jump. i'd hate to see another snowboard pro fall through the gap again. 'good thing for the safety net.
Old     (roxygirl11)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-02-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
The city would not let Icer Air hold the event this year! I just got off the phone with the customer service staff for the event. They said that there will still be vendors at the event but no wakeboarding!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Leaving for S.F. soon, see you all there.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-04-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
i was at the event all day saturday and i was really bummed that the wakeboarding was canceled, especially considering that there was no announcement made on the web site. apparently they could not get the permits to break the 5mph rule inside the cove. basically that seems like some serious bs, i would have expected icer air to have their act together.
the snowboarding big air was insane and the motox was sick, but the skate and bmx park was really disappointing. the park was halfed assed and the riders were nothing special. even the vert ramp was pretty small.
i left before the concert and overall i was glad i went, but it just dint live up to my expectations.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-04-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Just got back and we all had a blast.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-04-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Where are all the pics?
Old     (sparkmonster)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
in this post http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/516587.html?1194228316
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
yeah the bmx park was very dissapointing. i know one of the pros who normally rides dew tour and he just fooled around because there was nothing big enough for them to go off. vert wasn't much better
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
who was your friend that disappointed? Did you bust your ass for 2 days to build that course. Did you spend countless hours trying to figure out how to fit Big stuff into a small area???? Didnt hear many complaints about the course considering the amount of space they gave me. Wall ride to flair, flip whips, doublewhips, Tailwhip transfers, flairs. Everybody went off. Could it have been bigger stuff, not at this event. Could it be better with more room. Of course. Is that just fooling around. The event orgnizers said we were the hit of the weekend in the village. They are gonna give us more space and money next year. Your Disapponted sorry, Go fly to a dew tour stop some where then.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
Wakeeater and Cwaker4 you 2 are a couple of posers that have no idea what the &*$k you are talking about. I didnt build the vert ramp but it was not small. 13ft tall is actually as tall as they get. The course park course was far from half assed. It was small but thats what they gave me. I hate all these little 18 year old punks who think they know it all and can do it all? talking smack. Nobody good???? What have you ever done for any sport????? Kevin Kiraly and Dennis Enerson where there. The new generation of dew tour athletes and they let it go. Maybe you were to stupid to realize it but maybe you were watching the amateurs. At least I came through with an event that didnt get cancelled. Posers...... I Hate Haters.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-05-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Mike Kranich- Excuse me for giving my point of view on this topic. I was under the impression that this is an open dicussion forum where users are encouraged to discuss and speak freely. And at least i did so with respect and without personal attack. You called me a punk yet you were the one who lashed out at Wakeeater and I, calling us posers and saying we dont know what we are talking about. I cannot speak for wakeeater, but you do not know me or anything about me that would qualify me as a poser. That does not show much maturity, and since i was at the event and watched it with my own two eyes that makes my opinion vaild. I never claimed that i know it all or can do it all. Far from it, im just an ethusiastic wakeboarder and extreme sports fan/athlete who comes on here to share the stoke, not flame or be flamed without warrant.
And the vert ramp height was good however the flat bottom was disproportinately small as was the width considering the height.
Posts like yours give a poor representation of the friendly vibes and good people that can be found in wakeboarding and on this site. i dont know it all, but i would suggest you think a little more carefully before you make judgements and flaming posts.

(Message edited by cwaker4 on November 05, 2007)
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-05-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
oh and 'to stupid'? thats pretty ironic. the gramatically correct for of that insult would be "too stupid".
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
jump on me for a typo why dont you. I saw flairs, flipwhips, wall ride to flair, flip turndowns (I even did one) tailwhips x up one footed flips, 720's, peg stall the top of the 16' wall. I saw quarter to quarter wall rides with whips. running man tailwhips across the whole contest. I saw about 1000 people going crazy and loving it. I had numerous people thank me and my staff for all the hard work and was even told by ICERAIR that we were the hit of the village and want us back next year with a bigger area and more money. What have you ever done for your sport????
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Mike Dude you need a hug or something! I understand that busted your ass building up the park, but people are still intitled to thier opinion. Thats what happens when you put a product out some people like it some others dont that the why it goes. The way Icer Air handled a lot of things was pretty bad. So if your so hooked up over there why did you not post on here to tell people that the wakeboard part was cancelled or when we called the office we called 5 times b4 we got a straight answer if it was off. This is a wakeboarding forum so most people on here would know more about boarding then riding bikes. That being said people were disapointed about that. That doesnt give you a right to be a D..k and attack people. Seems as your a little sensitive.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Now your gonna get on my ass cause I didnt post on here the wakeboarding was cancelled ....???....lol... I was busy building and getting ready....sorry. But I did tell Walt he posted it. I have my own list of things ICERAIR lacked and just like you said You put out a product some like it some dont , thats the way it is. But as far as that hug, yeah I could use one. And you can give iit to me at the Pleasanton boat show in January cause the guy who runs the show saw the contest on saturday and wants me to build and run a contest or something there next to the Wake Rail Jam.

(Message edited by riverratboarder on November 06, 2007)
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-06-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
mike im sorry if i came off as rude i know it was the best ya could do with what space ya had. i was going off what my friend said happened as i was in the stadium when the bmx pros actually whent off. Sound Like kiraly(guy i know) and them actually did go off and i applaud you for it .

if you need help with the boat show set up i would be glad to help you out
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-06-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
forgot to mention i ride too just not bmx
Upload
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Well Good stuff then Mike, we all know the more you do it the better it gets. Obviously there were people who liked it and want to see more. As far as the hug Jan is pretty far off, You should get some love sooner
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
You a dirt jumper Charley?

Hey, Mike. I appreciate what you're trying to do. Sorry things didn't work out last year, but we would be open to discussing a place for you at SpringRide this year if you are still interested in putting on a show.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-06-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
yeah im a dirt jumper. i havent been back on the dirt since my crash though. i have mainly been riding at the skate park working on getting some tricks down while awaiting the djs in pleasanton to be fixed(wish the city would give us a water key so we can dig and build) dang city run jumps.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Mike, in a few short posts, you have made me want to never ever go to any event that you are a part of. Sorry, but had you just not posted you would have a much better perception among many of the people here on WW.

I have this habit of playing "Guess the age" of a poster on this and some other forums I frequent. I am usually pretty darn close, but I would never have guessed 36 for you.........

Would have been better to say, "Hey, thanks for coming! What did you think? What things were good about the event? What needs to be improved? How can I make this better?"

Who among us couldn't use some constructive criticism?

Good Luck with future events, I hope you have great success....
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
OK I jumped the Gun and Blew up on here. I usually dont get sucked into but in this case I just got done with a LONG week and was getting life back to normal, dropped in here to see what was up in wakeboard land and lost it. Everybody is entitled to there Opinion and respectively. Given the money time and space, I was happy with the final product, so was Icer-Air. Thats what counts. Wakeeater and Cwaker4....sorry for blowin up.
Old    walt            11-06-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Mike,
I know you worked your ass off and IMO you did a great job. The BMX park was a BIG hit and there were so many people around it on Saturday I gave up on trying to shoot it. I can see how you might fly off the handle when reading a negative comment after all your efforts, hard work and lack of sleep. When I read your post I figured you were (understandably) Burt out and a little testy.

I was shocked to see you pull up next to me on the GG bridge at that time in the morning after being there so late the night before.

Yes there's room for improvements to ICERair but I think everyone should keep in mind that this is a young event and it will only get better and better.I'm also glad that we have a event like this in are area.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
Damn charley that bikes a piece of s**t
lol jpjp
lets go ride sumtime im trying to get the boat out this weekend ill call u up

but as for the bike part mike the event was sick i was stoked to watch 2 friends tear it up kiraly and brassfield, i could tell the left u little time to finish the park seeing how they were working on it friday during the am skate event, but hey what can you do about what they give you??? the event was still sick as F#@! and am looking forward to seeing it next year
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-06-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
mike no worries at all. i dig what your doing. just was dissapointed not with what you did but more with the space they gave you. when i saw he ramp rats stickers i was stoked that they had you build for them. I also really like what you got going on down at ramp rats and hope to get down there and ride sometime. keep it real mike

kyle lets ride and sack the sanger out. late