Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (wakehopper)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
I am trying to find some racks for our boards and we do not have a tower, any suggestions?
It is going to be crowded on the boat this year with 3 regular boards, a roam and a wake skate. I need help.
Old    malibu73            03-06-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Someone posted up some pictures of his. i think he took those handycap handles you put in bathrooms stalls and screwed them to the rails. Then put on board racks. Maybe he will post up pictures.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
There was a pic that some one posted of the racks mounted towards the rear of boat. They were mounted kinda on the side. It looked like they were mounted to a stainless rail simalar to this one.I think the boards hung to the out side a little.
Upload
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
I had these (Aluminum Slide Mount) mounted on the side of my Sea Ray. Not sure what you're mounting on, but these worked until I got my new boat.

http://www.gatortuff.com/wake.html
Old    malibu73            03-06-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
I found the pictures I was talking about. This seems like a great alternative to tower racks and would get the board out of the floor.

Here the original thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/362679.html?1156903487

Upload
Upload
Upload
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/362679.html?1156903487
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
I would rather put my boards there than on the tower.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
i like that idea.....hmmmm interresting
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Mako used to have a cleat mount rack and another rack that would mount to the boat via a plate. I heard bad things about both products and now I don't see them around anymore. If someone bought a rack and had the clamp turned into a flat mount by a machine shop they could put it anywhere. The problem is that you would need to have backing plates made as well. Don't want that thing to tear through the gel-coat.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Sorry forgot about this one. It is a strapless side mount rack.

2NSANE Double Surf Rack
Upload
Old     (goerlich)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Hey guys... those are the racks on my Sanger up above. Yes, they were stainless handicap rails that I bought at Lowe's. They are bolted through with 1/8" stainless backing plates.

Thanks Chad for finding my original post. I saw this thread the other day, but couldn't find my original post to contribute to the discussion.

All in all the racks actually worked quite well.

(Message edited by goerlich on March 08, 2007)
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-08-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
yeah i have seen that same type of setup, even saw a boat that had speakers mounted on the very back like that as well. Not in the transom but on the side off a bar like the rack picture above.