Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    dunrowin            08-27-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
We put the handle through the windshield of our 1984 Ski Nautique 2001.
Anyone have suggestions on where we could buy a new one?
Is it o.k. to replace with Lexan?
Thanks
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-27-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
If it's just the glass and you can fab something up use what you can. Contact CC but I doubt it will be a part you can order, hopefully yes but it noramlly is a custom job to fix/replace windshields on boats more than a year or two old.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2003, 7:30 PM Reply   
This is ironic. Last weekend my brother's 91' Ski Nautique got a shattered windshield while being towed down the road. He didn't even know it until he got home and found glass everywhere in the boat. He is getting a new one from CC so see if they have one for yours. Check with your local dealer.
Old     (rzmike)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-27-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
I found this website when I was looking for a solution for my windshield trim problem. Hope this helps

www.oceandynamics.com
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-27-2003, 11:25 PM Reply   
I would be reluctant to replace it w/ Lexan as lexan scratches pretty easily. I'd go w/ an acrilic like plexiglass. It is more brittle and breaks easier, but much more scratch resistant. If you're careful though....it'd be nice to have the "shatterproof" lexan. Lexan would also be much better if you have any curve to the windshield.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 11:40 PM Reply   
Matt,
Call Correct Craft they should have the windshield panel for your boat. If not call all their distributors (or send wake junky a message). That's a 4 panel windshield with wing vents right? CC had wing vent levers for my 84 before I sold it a few years ago.
Mike
Old    dunrowin            08-28-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for all of the help.
Lesson learned here for me:
USING A NON-STRETCH/STATIC LINE PAYS FOR ITSELF!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-28-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
was anyone hurt? hope not. have a friend whose nose was broken from the same situaiton.
Old    dunrowin            08-29-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Thankfully the only injuries were a couple small cuts on the legs from falling glass.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
A couple of years ago I was pulling my boat on our way to vacation for 10 days. A tractor trailer kicked up a rock and it hit the passenger window of my Tige and it disenigrated into a million small chunks ( safety glass...)
Luckily it was early Friday afternoon here, and about 4pm Texas time, so I called Tige boats. The window that broke was a curved section that is custom made for Tige. I had to purchase the glass and frame section together and paid with a credit card over the phone. I had them ship out VIA UPS that day to a glass place in a town not far from where we were camping. After spending around $10.00 worth of quarters at the car wash to vacuum out all the glass, we were able to use the boat for the weekend. On Tuesday I trailered the boat in to town and the glass company installed my windshield. My insurance company covered the windshield, shipping and install costs, less my deductable. I still find small chunks of glass from time to time...
Old     (lemytry)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-07-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
where can i get tinted windows for my boat ?
Old    chester            09-11-2003, 12:20 AM Reply   
don't tint the glass, it really screws up visibility.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-11-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
I second the "don't tint glass" of what Nick says. I have tinted in my boat, and at night you can't see anything out of it. My windshield is pretty tall, so you almost have to stand up while driving to see.

Trash
Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-11-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
I third it...tinted windows look and work good during the day but are useless at dusk and at night. Sometimes when it is cloudy, I have a difficult time seeing through it...