Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-25-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
well, i saw the preview a couple months ago and forgot about it, but i saw the preview today and really want it! it came out 4-20, but it seemed like they were still taking preorders

has anyone seen it? is it worth my money?
http://updogthemovie.com/
thats a nice lineup they got there
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-25-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
I'm literally about to go watch it right now. I'll let you know my professional opinion later.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-25-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
hell yeah it's worth it! Watched it 5 or 6 times by now!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Its worth buying bro, its made by grassroots people with the right attitude, just like chick flick!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
Its worth buying bro, its made by grassroots people with the right attitude, just like chick flick!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
I thought it lived up to the trailer plus some.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-26-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
thanks mike!

What did you guys think about Weatherall's section? I thought it was off the hook. btw - Has he been in any other US released vids?
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-26-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
brett, I ordred the movie from that link last week and received the movie in 2-3 days.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-26-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
I honestly thought Shapiro's section was the most enjoyable of the whole movie... Maybe I'll change my mind after watching again.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Kung Fu, he has a section in Such is Life. Weatherall needs more publicity. If you're a beginning rider, you should try to emulate him. Everything he does is technically perfect--edging, handle position, body position, landing wrapped and blind, everything.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-26-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
For sure, but I can't recall seeing Weatherall in another US video, so it was cool to watch.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-26-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff! Don't have SiL, so I'll need to pick it up.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Kung Fu, sorry about that, the way I wrote that it sounded like I was giving you advice. I meant "you" in general terms .
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-26-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
I haven't watched it in awhile, but I think Weatherall is in the Book...he's the one (along with B. Greenwood) doing a lot of the real technical, grabbed variations of certain tricks (e.g., toeside b/s 1's, landing wrapped)...and doing them super stylie.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
just ordered, can't wait to watch. The teaser was so good I hope the entire movie is as good,
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-26-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Jeff - LOL no worries.. I knew what you meant.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-26-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
i'm ordering it tomorrow or saturday after i baord and the pull box

thanks for the input you guys, i'm watching bent felix right now and getting psyched for this weekend some more...

so, is pull worth it at all? just wondering, its like 8hrs so i thought its worth it for the price
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Brett yeah pull is worth it, especially if you don't have fuel
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Pull is pretty excellent. Just imagine a camera crew grabbing a group of the best riders in the world and filming them in some amazing location, and that's just one segment in each episode -- (example: Shaun Bonifay, Danny Harf, Parks Bonifay and about 6 others riding in the Bahamas)... and that's just episode 1!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-27-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
Wanna see what's Updog??? For those of you in the Orlando area, check out the UPDOG video release party Saturday night at the Social.

Doors open at 9- Video at 10. 18 and over. Hope to see you there!!!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-30-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Thanks to all who came out Sat. night.

Good times...

Upload

Upload
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Ronnie, thanks for the quick shipping I got it in like 2 days to Ca. Awesome customer service with a video to back it up.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-30-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
No worries man... thanks for the order. Hope you dig it.

That is quick- cuz I actually shipped that batch of vids from Florida.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Just watched today on the plane ride home, loved it, well I really watched it twice. Camera work, editing, sound track, riders, all top notch. Favorite sections, Lyman, Kyle Alberts (Big Johnson, so close dude). Kyle Ratrey, the reto footage of Darin was a highlite, I forgot how big the Scud went, even behind a old X=Star with a pole. Crash section, well let me say this . Nice work Ronnie and it was nice to visit with you last weekend.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
This vid is becoming my favorite. Keith's section, as usual, is rad. Darin's section with the older footage...he goes so big. And last, but not least... the crash section. Thats one thing I think that wake videos need a little more of. makes me feel better to see those guys crash!!!
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-02-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
oh my gosh

this video is INSANE!!! i got to go wakeboarding today because we had school off (won't go into details) and also cuz my dad goes outta town this weekend

all i wanna do is ride and this just made it worse! i watched up thru shapiro and daaaang! i can't fall asleep, lyman was great! i thought he wasn't as good in bent felix but my opinion changed completely!

shapiro, the combination of old and new is awesome

i want to finish it but... i gotta try and force myself to sleep...

GET THIS MOVIE!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
I have never seen kyle alberts in a video....he kills it...I love watching rusty ride because he is a big guy and has awesome style. There is a part in darins section towards the end where i think he is doing an s bend and grabs after the 360......crazyyyyyyyy. I love watching darin ride. It would have been cool to have andrew, and maybe harf and soven to make this video one of the best ever. either way I loved it!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
How long until buywake has it?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
Never mind, just checked and its listed now.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
just watched it for the first time tonite. what a great video! i liked alberts and weatherall's sections best. and the crash sections. i may not be able to ride worth a darn, but at least i know that i can crash like a pro!! as soon as it stops raining, there will be a wakeboard nebraska sticker added to my jeep.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
kylie... did you get the stickers in the DVD case???

my case had nothing but the DVD in it.

i watched it a bit today... i was at work so i couldnt focus all of my attention on it but i was diggin what i saw... ill have to watch it more closely over the next ffew days
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Wow, super stoked that Ronnie is getting the credit he deserves this time around.

I FINALLY get to see it tomorrow at the www.midwestwakeboarder.com premiere.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-06-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
Blair - I got it as a birthday gift and assume my brother ordered it online, so I'm guessing the sticker came in the shipping box, because the DVD was sealed when I got it. Unfortuantely, I only got one (otherwise I'd certainly share, and hopefully karma doesn't kick me in the butt for being selfish and keeping mine!) But I'll bet if you go on their website and send an email to Ronnie that they would send you a sticker, cuz how cool would it be to have a WN sticker in Canada! The site is www.wakeboardnebraska.com

ok, i'm already feeling guilty about keeping the sticker now! i dropped ronnie at WN an email asking if there is any way they can send you a sticker. if not, i'll give mine up cuz it would be cool to have it displayed in canada, plus you ride better than me!

(Message edited by kylielogan on May 06, 2007)
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-06-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
what a giver!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-06-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
Trailer looks great. I noticed that the boats are Malibu boats, but the sponsor is Master Craft. Go figure.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
kylie/blair

stickers went out on a first come first served deal. I stopped shipping wn stickers in the packages when I ran out. If you REALLY want one I can probably dig one up for you. I'm just pumped you're down to represent good ole NE on your ride!

glad you all are diggin it. thanks for the feedback!!!
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
i've watched this twice, worth every penny

and i forgot the name, but the guy after keith lyman, i think his name was kyle alberts... how the heck does he spin sooo freaking fast!!! its amazing, i was sorta sleepy by it before which is probably why i wasn't so amazed

but daaaang, he doesn't even winde up, he just goes and then spins midair like its nothing
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Just saw it and loved Lyman's part followed by Watson doing what he does best.

Do NOT waste your time watching the WII bowling bonus!!!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
ronnie... i was more wondering more than anything... its actually cool to see a DVD come out that dosent have 5 pounds of adverts shoved into the case (like alot of em have nowadays...

mad props on the video ronnie... ive loved your work ever since the contest video a year or two ago... and i got my grubby little hands on this video as soon as i could... and was not disapointed at all... this video has replaced the chick flick in my DVD player... and will likely stay in there for a while...

Kylie thanks for the offer but go for it... ROCK THAT STICKER WITH PRIDE... just make sure you take a pictuer and post it in here... haha

thanks for the offer again ronnie... dont go outta your way to dig em up but if you do come across one or two let me know... im sure id get a few looks with wakeboard nebraska stickers plasterd on my stuff... haha