Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-12-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
the season is coming up, and the whole time i have been on wakeworld i rarely run into a new yorker... Im from the Thousand Islands and ride on the St. Lawrence River.

where is everyone riding. im hoping to get the boat into the water about the 15th of april .. cant wait
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-12-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
NJ's callin your name!~J
Old     (determination)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-12-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
im in North Western PA not new york but close enough
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
North eastern PA. Come on down to Harvey's Lake. We won't be out by April 15th, they're still ice fishin.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
if anybody wants to haul their rig to the city, the east river looks buttery all summer long. the canals alongside roosevelt island are protected and begging to be ripped up. any takers? would make for epic pictures.....
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Ethan, do you mean up there past Watertown? Must be some nice lakes up there to board on!
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-13-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Long Island, I cant believe there are so few people from NY on WW.I went to school on the east river last year and know what you mean Charles, it needs to be ripped up. The east river is disgusting though gross water all sorts of stuff in there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-13-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I was born on Long Island, but haven't been there is about...35 years. Damn, I'm old!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
All you guys above^^ need to come to NJ on June 30th. Look here......www.njwakefest.com

Def. worth the trip!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
Hey Ethan, have you ridden on lake-of-the-isles up there in the 1000 islands? Very cool spot!
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-13-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
I used to ride in NY, south shore of Long Island. Live in FL now for 4 years. Mainly just writing here to mention that last I knew the Mastercraft dealer in Port Jefferson is the worst (Eric?). His outfit is a discredit to the Mastercraft name.
Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-13-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
I have definitely rode the lake of the isles !! its a nasty place to ride in the morning or night.. when was the last time you were up riding here Dave??
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
The dealer in Port Jefferson is Island Watersports. Some guys from Long Island came to the
NJ Wakefest last year. They called themselves The D.I.C. Crew out of Huntington Station. Wow. Dave Williams
is actually a north eastern tough guy like us. Now I see where Wakeworld gets its edge! Wakeboard in the
East River?? The East River currents are wicked; especially where it gets narrow way up by Yankee Stadium
and around all the bridges. A friend of mine from Astoria claimed he once saw a torso floating in
the East River. I have to believe the canals around Roosevelt Island are full of all kinds of really evil
debris and contaminants. On a related note, I'll be all around Manhattan this weekend with some very special
out-of-town guests. Maybe I'll take them up the Harlem River Drive to check-out some of that East River
butter!
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-13-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Swimming in the East River was the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced in my life.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
anybody from long island. (syosset or surrounding areas) i've seen multiple wake boats on the long island sound within the area but haven't been able to locate any riders yet.....

(post or email me)

is there any riders associated with the mastercraft dealership?
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-17-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
yea i ride out in Huntington Charles, there a lot of wake boats and a bunch of riders. I really haven't seen anyone that rides for the mc dealership though, i was actually thinking about trying to get a job there this summer we i get back from school.

miles, hows the west coast been?
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
let me know if you ever want to ride in long island. i live in the city but spend a lot of time on the island. i'm always down to ride.

otherwise, check out the new jersey thread, we are having our second wakefest this year, early summer. i normally ride with all the jersey guys.