Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-24-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
Are there any wake boarders down there? It's kind of early for me to be asking this but another thread got me thinking about it. I've been paying allot of attention to the wake scene in NC ever since my guidance counselor got me looking at colleges and my top three ended up all being in North Carolina (I started with a bunch of different states, and when I started eliminating places it just happened that way) Any way my second choice was in Buies Creek, so I was just wondering any lakes, riders, clubs...near there at ALL.

I'm not even 100% that I will end up going to these places because there is still allot of stuff to consider, and the whole getting accepted thing! But I hope to go down to Raleigh in April to take some tours and stuff I wasn’t planning on asking till after all of that but I figured I'd ask now after seeing that thread and I'm thinking about it…it seems like these past months have been going bye really fast anyway , The SAT feels like tomorrow even though I still have 2 weeks! Thanks and sorry for going on about this
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
I've never heard of it. Do you mean Belews Creek, near gboro?
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-25-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
check out http://www.endofropegang.com/
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-26-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
ya dude i live out here and its belews creek....im gonna start riding this week water temp is like 55 and air is 60
Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-26-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC 27506

Probaly one of the closest lakes would be Sharron-Harris which is a great lake with some good riders just not sure if any are from CU. Definately check out EORG like Sean wrote.

What are your other choices for schools in NC?
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-26-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
hptesting your right the college that I was talking about is Campbell University! I knew I was right about the town because I got it right from the schools site and it was on the map when I googled it...it's about 2 hours and 22min away from the town that the rest of you are all talking about... Upload

That is my secound choice, my first was NC state and Appalachian state http://www.appstate.edu/ would be my third choice, those are my top three...so far!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-27-2007, 2:51 AM Reply   
Frank, don't do it. We've been out all winter and the water is way too cold.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-28-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
Naa Dude "BALLS 2 THE WALL" I wanna ride so bad i just ordered a spring suit 2/1 so it wont b as bad....
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-01-2007, 2:37 AM Reply   
Frank, we've had a couple of the crew trunkin' it all winter with just a spring top on.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-01-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
frank, are you local? hit you up w/ a pm a day or so ago.. looks like we will be out this weekend -- actually the weather looks pretty nice!
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
ya i live out here....but unfortunatly ill b riding behind a jet ski =( but only for a little while until se get the boat in....
Old     (wksetter77)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
i live in fuquay varina which is north of campbell. Harris is a great lake, mark kenny use to ride here back in the day. the lake is 20 minutes from campbell. there sure is nothing else to do down there!!
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
(Sorry for the hi-jack)
Frank,
Dudeman, Tickle and myself are out there almost every weekend year round, drop us a line if you want to ride.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-02-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
yo mike i sent u a PM