Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
What are some handles that have that older black grip that is somewhat hard? Almost like a rubber golf grip. I think Byerly might have one, but am not for sure. Thanks guys.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-15-2006, 3:19 AM Reply   
Proline (CWB) Clutch has the rubber diamond grip which lasts forever unlike eva. They're still out there-check out boardco.com
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-15-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Got River has some 2005's on close out...I think they are called clutch and double clutch.

http://www.gotriver.com/proline_wake_handles.htm
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
The new premier handle has the old style grip. The grip shape is kind of triangular instead of circular....Haven't tried it out but was checking them out.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
The new premiere handle is nice, one of the guys that rides with me has it. The triangle is really nice for handle passes, but that isnt what Jeffrey is talking about, he is talking about the handles that have like the hard rubber tractor grip I think...
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Byerly isn't like that..
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Garret, when I was checking out the premier handle, it had a thin rubber grip (like old wakeboard or ski handles but a little softer.) Its not like the thick EVA ones it was thin like the old ones.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Fly High has the best hard rubber grip on the market, in my opinion. It is what I use. I am a dealer for StraightLine, MasterLine and Fly High. Personally, I don't like the soft foam.

http://www.boarditup.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=286&catid=7

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
I still use an old Striaght Line "barefoot wakes" handle, from '98 or so. I paid $30 or so for it. The floats are ghetto because I have had to duct tape them, but the grip shows almost no signs of wear. To me it is the most comfortable grip I have used. I got an EVA handle for free and passed it on to a friend because I hated it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
I have an old hardline rubber handle that I love! It doesnt have any texture just plain rubber. I am also pretty happy with their spyder handles as well, but those are foam.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, Garret is correct. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the input and I'll shop through a few of those. I don't dig the foamers. I'll check out the premier as well as the Fly High. Smell ya later!