Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
How many of ya'll have been out wakeboarding and all of a sudden a huge storm comes rolling in. We went out today and all of a sudden the sky went black and we just made it to the dock before the storm really hit hard.

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
I've been in hail storms and it sucks covering the boat when its really windy and rainy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-03-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
That raises another question that I was wondering about. Lightning. Has anyone ever heard of a boat getting hit? Having an eight foot metal bar on top of you cannot help. We were out a couple of years ago and my wife was getting read to ride. The ski was mostly cloudy, but did not appear threatning, when I noticed her hair was standing straight up. We hit the floor and motored in. She was very close to getting struck. I have never heard of anyone actually getting struck though. Anyone?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-03-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
I know a guy that got struck in a canoe.
Old    walt            06-03-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Last year I was out salmon fishing with a friend on the ocean and the thunder and lightning started... but We couldn't tell were it was coming from because the fog was so heavy. so I said to My friend that sounds really F...ing close, and He says back to Me...You know its really close when Your hair stands on end.
So I look at His hair and it's standing straight up We decided it might be a good idea to head back
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
in california storms just dont happen like that!
Old    walt            06-03-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
Sure they don't.
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
happened to me and my dad and friend last friday, i was getting ready to ride so my friend could get some footage, then the sky turned green and started to spin. we decided i shouldnt go, turns out there was a tornado warning for the county
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
Try living in Oklahoma,nice and sunny then riding a tornado.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
yikes...

Old    crowe            06-04-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Thats a crazy pic!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-04-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
When your hair stands up that means that you have a current(sp?) going through you and arcing to the ski. If the positive and negitive charges come together, you are screwed.

Kirk, where was that pic taken? Looks like a typical Kansas storm.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
Not sure... Alaska I think. Some one sent me this picture with some other great shots.

Old    walt            06-04-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
Wow....those are both great pics.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-04-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
we were out one afternoon it was a little breezy but the water was butter where we were riding and then out of now where it started raining really hard, we just kept riding and then the whole lake turned to butter within 5 mins, the wind died and the rain stopped, very nice
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Those pictures are crazy but were you actually in that storm?